Profile for Dogkeeper > Reviews

Content by Dogkeeper

Dogkeeper (Bath, England)

Page: 1 | 2
KidzzFarm Betsy the Cow Animal Hopper (White/ Black)
KidzzFarm Betsy the Cow Animal Hopper (White/ Black)
Price: 19.89

5.0 out of 5 stars Eyes widened with utter delight, 6 May 2014
Well all I can say is that said 2 year old birthday boy, the recipient, beamed from ear to ear as his daddy inflated this little beauty and immediately sat and bounced on it, then insisted on taking it with him to his bath. A really lovely toy that I'm so pleased to have given to my little man, and which I'm sure will be enjoyed for a long time to come.

Gtech SW22 Li-Ion Sweeper
Gtech SW22 Li-Ion Sweeper
Offered by Gtechonline
Price: 89.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Household revolution, 5 Jan 2014
I LOVE this little beauty. As a lifelong vacuum phobic this is such a pleasure to use. With two big dogs bringing in mess from outside, it's a moment's trouble to sweep it up and it works great on carpet. In fact, I'd go as far as to say, it's actually rather enjoyable, as far as it goes, to open the little drawer to empty it and marvel at the amount of dust, grit, dog hair etc gets deposited and it manages to sweep up on a daily basis.

I still have a vacuum cleaner for going round the edges mainly and things you need a good strong vacuum for rather than just the sweeper which doesn't have vacuum suction, just a rapidly turning brush, but 90% of the time this is quite adequate for me. Battery wise no comments really as I've never had it run out before recharging, so I guess it's pretty good.

I gave one to my mum as well and she and her partner love it. He sweeps woody bits up from in front of the wood burner and enjoys that he can dump the sweepings straight back into it to be burnt.

If you hate hoovering, plugging it in and lugging it around up stairs etc, then you will like this. Did I mention, it also makes doing the stairs carpet an absolute piece of cake?

In the Heart of the Sea
In the Heart of the Sea
by Nathaniel Philbrick
Price: 3.83

4.0 out of 5 stars Rivetting, 25 Oct 2013
I loved this. Okay its a horrible story, with death and cannibalism, but told brilliantly. Packed full of information on contemporary history of the Nantucket whaling industry, it gave me a taster that left me wanting more! Fab book.

Bayer Garden Systhane Fungus Fighter
Bayer Garden Systhane Fungus Fighter
Offered by deals-direct
Price: 8.50

4.0 out of 5 stars I probably should have started spraying earlier in the season, 24 July 2013
My large old rose bush has been suffering a fungal growth for a few years, that gradually creeps up the stems and withers the rose buds. It definitely had a beneficial effect, though I need to get spaying much earlier next time to really pinch it in the bud before it gets hold. Good product, though possibly not employed by me in the recommended Gardener's World style.

Snugpak Luxury Wash Bag in Black, Toiletry Bag
Snugpak Luxury Wash Bag in Black, Toiletry Bag
Offered by Daleswear Outdoors
Price: 13.50

4.0 out of 5 stars nice wasbag, but..., 24 July 2013
If you're going backpacking you might want to choose something else, as its rather bulky. On the other hand its good quality and nicely designed if you've a little more space. I like the zipped compartment at the bottom which could be used for a pack towel, etc

Koopower TM Battery for Apple A1175 MacBook Pro 15" MA609 MA610 MA464 MA601 MA896LL MA463LL
Offered by Golden Battery
Price: 42.99

5.0 out of 5 stars great product, 24 July 2013
Not much to say other than it holds much more charge than I was expecting and was a very pleasant surprise.
Knock off batteries can be a real gamble, but this one is really rather good quality.

Bayer Provado Ultimate Bug Killer Concentrate 400ml
Bayer Provado Ultimate Bug Killer Concentrate 400ml
Offered by Pantiles Nurseries Ltd
Price: 9.88

5.0 out of 5 stars sorry bugs..., 24 July 2013
My lovely lilies are no longer infested wtih lily beetles after one spraying! I used sparingly to avoid harming good garden insects like bumble bees, but lily beetles' habits are so gross I'm glad to be rid of them.

Kit Twin Universal UK Mains Travel Charger Adapter Plug with USB Connection for Smartphone, Mobile and Tablet Devices - Black
Price: 6.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Space saving, 24 July 2013
I bought this to go on holiday with as I wasn't sure how many sockets there'd be.
It lived up to expectations and is very handy whether on holiday or at home.

HP Photosmart All-in-One Printer
HP Photosmart All-in-One Printer

1.0 out of 5 stars big mistake - please avoid this printer, 25 Oct 2010
I've found it exceptionally difficult too print using this printer, whether wirelessly or connected by USB. Despite buying it for the wireless potential, I've given up using it wirelessly because it is too time comsuming and leads to wastage as I repeatedly send to print and it repeatedly ignores me, then decides to print lots of things at once half an hour later.

Generally, rather than just going ahead and printing, it seems to offer up one error message after another. Presently I need to print an important letter and it is telling me the paper tray is empty despite the fact that it has plenty of paper in it. Very frustrating and excessively complex. I have to take my printing to work to do because this will not work and never has done to any satisfactory degree. It seems I always have messages from it telling me I have printing in the queue that I can't get it to print out.

This printer has been a huge mistake. Please save yourself a lot of grief and buy a different one.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 3, 2011 10:21 AM GMT

Outwell Montana 6 Tent
Outwell Montana 6 Tent

5.0 out of 5 stars Quality Danish design: sturdy, spacious, comfortable and dry, 7 Aug 2010
This review is from: Outwell Montana 6 Tent (Misc.)
We bought the Montana 6 along with a footprint for it for a 2-week camping holiday on a very exposed coastal site, having taken a lot of trouble to research it and read reviews. When we first put it up, we were amazed at the size of it: it is a large tent 4.15m/13.6ft wide and 5.85m/19.19ft long. Once you've adjusted for the 2.15m/6ft-ish long bed compartments, it leaves you a big square living area of roughly 4.15m/13.6ft wide x 3.5m/11.5ft long. This is a very respectable room size indeed. The bedrooms are generous and fulfill criteria for 6 persons, though Outwell themselves say that for real comfort they would rate it a 4 (adult) person tent. It is brightly lit with lots of windows and a pale ceiling panel which means the inside is bright whatever the weather.

Putting it up is not difficult, though takes 2 people, preferably one of them strong, as pulling the pin-fixings into the bottom of the poles looked like it took muscle strength from where I was standing! There is a very good video of how to put this up on the Outwell site ([...]

We were impressed with the thoughtful and user-friendly Danish design, which incorporates lots of nice touches, like small low level windows in the flysheet with corresponding zipped semi-circular openings in the bed compartment so that you can have a look at the weather when you wake in the morning without having to get out of bed. Other very nice touches include: 10 generous hanging pockets so you can store lots of things and keep the tent well organised; electric entry point plus velcro-ed route for wire and hanging point for a light; luminous guy ropes; unzippable mosquito mesh over all entries so you don't have to have any insects inside; a doormat provided; a double-doored rain porch so when it is tipping down you can keep rain completely out of the tent (this can also be used for a closet or even a private location for a porta-toilet); a sturdy wheeled bag so you can drag it not carry it to your pitch.

The sewn-in ground sheet is a great feature and meant that aside from no creepy crawlies, the tent always felt dry, no damp bedding or damp clothes ever, even though we were cooking in the tent. We did pitch the tent facing into the wind so we could enjoy the lovely view, which in retrospect was not really advisable in such a windy site as the window end doesn't have as many ground fixings/guys as the bedroom end, and we found the wind tended to lift and balloon up the groundsheet when the wind was coming in the wrong direction.

The day after we put the tent up up there was a storm with wind gusting up to gale force 9. Ten tents were demolished totally on the site, but the Montana 6 tent was absolutely fine, the steel frame was really stiff and sturdy, even though the tent was noisy of course and tested our nerves. It was totally waterproof throughout. We were advised however that it is very important to let it dry properly - hang it up or put it up when you get home before you pack it if its wet when you leave the site: the campsite owner said one camper had come with one of these tents which he had packed wet and it had lifted all the taping at the seams so it subsequently leaked).

One minor niggle: whilst being incredibly useful, the side rain porch is probably the only slightly weak point in the design; it was a bit flappy in high wind and could maybe have done with a couple of extra fixing points, although I am talking about during the extreme weather episode. Another thing worth mentioning is that if you are going to a very windy coastal site, definitely buy some sturdy storm pegs. The ones provided are certainly better than the simple metal ones you get with little tents, but when you are dealing with a gale you really need something much longer, sturdier and more resistant to getting pulled out. Even our own sturdy storm pegs were having a hard time staying in the ground at the windward end of the tent during the extreme weather we experienced. We will consider getting a few mega-strong pegs for future use just for the windward end.

Oh, and one more thing: we bought a footprint for the tent, but on putting it out realised that an ordinary tarpaulin with eyelets banged in at the corners and sides would have been pretty much identical to what we bought. It was useful having the footprint that was the exact size so we knew exactly where we should be pulling the tent out to, but you could manage this on your own without investing in the pricier Outwell product and could put the money instead towards a carpet for the tent (we didn't do this but may do next year).

In short, its an excellent tent and it has given us a renewed enthusiasm for camping.

Page: 1 | 2