Profile for watchuswreckthe > Reviews

Short and Sweet
Short and Sweet
by Dan Lepard

5.0 out of 5 stars A reliable friend for the baker, 22 Oct 2013
This review is from: Short and Sweet (Hardcover)
I use this book as a resource for teaching students in my bakery. It comes with tempting and realistic photos of the end results, and most importantly I know I can absolutely rely on Dan's recipes. Everything I've tried in this book has worked particularly well and often recieves praise from fellow bakers. Such reliablility can be a rare quality in a lot of other baking books

5V 2A 2000mA USB EURO 2-Pin AC-DC Fast Rapid Travel Mains Power Plug Charger Adapter for Apple iPod Nano G6 Touch G4 Classic iPhone 3G 3GS 4 5 iPad MP3 Players Mobile Phones WT9 WHITE

5.0 out of 5 stars sturdy, does what it should, 22 Oct 2013
I took this travelling around Europe with me. It's small, sturdy, fits all the sockets I encountered, an charged whatever I gave it. Five stars.

Bielmeier Digital Thermometer with Sensor
Bielmeier Digital Thermometer with Sensor

5.0 out of 5 stars Sturdy, fast, professional, 22 Oct 2013
I use this thermometer in my bakery to check water temperatures. It responds fast, feels sturdy, has an easy to see display, and the probe is waterproof so I can just drop it in the bucket of water.

The thermometer could benefit from a better wall-mounting system (it just has a single hole to mount on a screw), but I've used adhesive velcro to fix it to my wall - no probs! Otherwise it comes with a little stand with a magnet to secure it.

Pinhole Photography: Rediscovering a Historic Technique
Pinhole Photography: Rediscovering a Historic Technique
by Eric Renner

4.0 out of 5 stars Not just a "how to", also an interesting and informative read, 22 Oct 2013
I'm starting out in Pinhole photography and looked around for something that would give me a good grounding. To be honest, I haven't even got to the section that deals with actually making your own camera (I'm only half way through)... the first half all looks at the history of pinholes and how they have been, and still are, used. This is well researched, full of illustrations, and gives a kind of how-to grounding that many how-to manuals don't ever achieve. I'd recommend this to anyone with an interest in capturing light!

Sony Ericsson Original AN401 Compact Car Charger and Micro USB Data Cable for Sony Ericsson Handsets
Offered by BisLinks®

5.0 out of 5 stars high quality, works fine as general usb charger, 22 Oct 2013
I came upon this after searching around Amazon for a while looking for USB in-car chargers. My concerns were: build quality, compatibility with my kit, and unwanted radio interference in the car.

- Being a Sony Ericsson product, it's got a good build quality and feels like it should last a while.

- I'm using it to charge a Samsung Galaxy Ace GT5830, and a Sansa Clip+ MP3 player. They both charge fine, and the Sansa Clip can charge and play music through my car system at the same time.

- I'm driving a Nissan Micra (Old K11 model). The charger fits snugly and securely into the cigarette lighter socket, and as yet has not caused any interference at all to the FM radio reception or general music playback.

Highly recommended. I think it's worth the few extra quid for something that's built well and works well.