ARRAY(0xba8d799c)

Aidapt Lap Strap for Wheelchair and Scooter
Offered by aids4mobility
Price: 5.94

4.0 out of 5 stars Great product, useless instructions, 2 Feb 2014
The belt itself is absolutely fit for purpose, but to fit it I had to completely ignore the (not terribly clear) diagram ... after going crazy for about 20 minutes, trying to figure the darn thing out! Now it's on, my gran is very happy with it and feels far more secure than she did with the dressing gown belt that was previously doing the job. It seems sturdy - it's just a shame about the awful instructions.

By Carla Little Stars Long Sleeve Sleeping Bag with Protective Zip Guard
By Carla Little Stars Long Sleeve Sleeping Bag with Protective Zip Guard
Offered by Linens Limited
Price: 27.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Super!, 2 Feb 2014
Although this arrived in the most ridiculous packaging (a cardboard box 1m x 1m -???!!) it's a great little sleeping bag. There are so few available with arms, and my little guy is such a wriggler I was worried about him getting chilly on cold winter nights. The quality is good, and it seems cosy without being too warm. Very happy with it.

Solve Your Child's Sleep Problems: A Practical and Comprehensive Guide for Parents
by M.D. Richard Ferber

5.0 out of 5 stars I'm a converted sceptic!, 2 Feb 2014
I was sooo sceptical of all these 'miracle cure' baby books, and I bought this more out of desperation than any hope of achieving the miraculous results apparently enjoyed by the majority of reviewers. My 9 month old was still waking several times a night, and seemingly nothing could convince him to sleep beyond 5.30am. Honestly, I was starting to go crazy from lack of sleep, and I'm sure I wasn't always the best mum in the world because I was just so zonked.

Anyway, to cut a long story short, I saw a vast improvement almost immediately and things have got better and better until last night when, just a week after starting the sleep training, my little one slept right through from 7.45pm until I dashed into his room at 7.15am. He was awake, but wasn't crying. It felt like a miracle!

I have to admit that I didn't read the whole book and skipped to the juicy bits, but just a small change in the way I was dealing with night wakings has made such a HUGE difference. Although it seems a dramatic thing to say, this book really has changed my life. I'm so happy both baby and I can now enjoy a good night's sleep. Now I just need to tackle the napping...

Babyway Baby Carrier 3-in-1
Babyway Baby Carrier 3-in-1
Price: 22.92

4.0 out of 5 stars Humm. It's very good, but..., 26 July 2013
Hmmm. Even after a couple of months' use, I'm still not sure how to rate this carrier. The quality is excellent for the price: it's nice and light, well padded and the shoulder straps are comfortable, but ... there were no instructions in the pack, so perhaps I'm doing it incorrectly, but even after trying a couple of different ways, I find that the circle that the straps pass through at the back tends to ride up, with the consequence that baby rides down, and I'm left with a lot of weight on my shoulders.

I'd also say there's no way that it's suitable from birth: at 8 weeks old, the gap between the legs was still too big for my child to straddle (he was born at a fairly standard 3.2kg/7lb 2oz). I had to wait a couple of weeks for him to be able to sit comfortably in it.

So all in all, good quality at a very reasonable price, but ... ultimately not ideal for me.

TOMY First Years Starlight Dreamshow (Yellow)
TOMY First Years Starlight Dreamshow (Yellow)
Price: 12.20

4.0 out of 5 stars I like it ... but baby seems indifferent!, 26 July 2013
With its neat, compact design, this is much smaller than I thought it would be - which means it's perfect for sticking in a bag when we go to grandma's. I quite like the soothing tunes and I was hoping it would become a part of my little one's bedtime routine, but he seems largely indifferent to it! Oh well ... I suppose all babies are different.

My only criticism of it would be that the motion of the rotating image wheel is rather jerky. I imagine it's meant to be smooth. I don't suppose baby's bothered, but still...

Fisher-Price Woodsy Friends Comfy Time Bouncer
Fisher-Price Woodsy Friends Comfy Time Bouncer
Price: 32.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Really useful, 26 July 2013
As a single mum, this has been as valuable as an extra pair of hands. Although the vibrations have pretty much no effect, my little man loves being able to see what's going on and, as he's grown, he's begun to really enjoying playing with the attached toys. It was a day of great celebration when he finally made the music play all by himself!

Great price here on Amazon, too. I've seen it for 49.99 on the high street.

Masterplug Indoor Power NLPIR/2-MP Motion Detector LED Night Light
Masterplug Indoor Power NLPIR/2-MP Motion Detector LED Night Light
Price: 17.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous!, 26 July 2013
I bought this to help with night-time nappy changes. I wanted something that gives enough light to see by, without being bright enough to wake me right up. This is it!

I'm a mega-light sleeper, so I find the motion setting disturbs me (my room's quite small so even a twitch of the duvet is enough to set it off) but its constant amber glow is mellow enough for me to sleep. I'm really happy with the product and the price.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Convenience with a conscience, 26 July 2013
I really like these nappies - and my baby does, too. For some reason, with Pampers he screams when he gets a wet nappy, but these seem to solve the problem.

Before I gave birth, I thought I'd probably switch to real nappies once I got used to having a new baby, but I admit I got hooked on the convenience of disposables. These help ease my conscience, without sacrificing on convenience. I've had no issues with quality so far (touch wood!). They seem to be more than a match for any other brand I've tried. If you're hesitating about trying them, I'd recommend giving them a go. In fact, the only problem I have with them is they're not more widely available. (Boots also stock them, but they're cheaper here.)

O.N.E. Reversible Neoprene Medium (D)SLR Cover (Gray/Black) for Nikon D40, D40x, D60, D200, D300, D300s, D3000, D3100, D3200, D5000, D5100 (Camera Body or Camera Body + Lens upto 23cm)
Offered by PowerPlanet Europe
Price: 8.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Simple and effective, 26 July 2013
This case is nothing fancy, but it quickly and easily protects your camera without adding any bulk. Just what I wanted!

Samsonite - Pop up Travel Cot - Lemon and Lime
Samsonite - Pop up Travel Cot - Lemon and Lime

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!, 26 July 2013
I must admit that was sceptical about this, even once I'd opened it, but I needn't have worried. It's been a godsend. My little one sleeps very well in it: he was perfectly happy without any extra padding, but if you're placing it on a carpet (or even a fluffy towel) I don't think it's really an issue.

It's super-light, and packs down smaller than I initially thought - and unlike most fold-up products, it's easy to get back into the storage bag. I managed the twist-to-store action perfectly second time around. I've used it on holiday abroad, and whenever we go to grandma's house. Love it!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4