Profile for J. Ryan > Reviews

Content by J. Ryan

J. Ryan "Itchy'n'scratchy" (Dublin)

Star Wars: The Clone Wars - The Complete Seasons 1, 2 & 3 [DVD]
Star Wars: The Clone Wars - The Complete Seasons 1, 2 & 3 [DVD]

5.0 out of 5 stars Star buy, 9 Jan 2012
Santa brought this for my son, and it was by far his favourite present. He has watched the entire 3 series twice, as of 9th January. I checked the price on amazon and it was a great deal if I had had to pay for it ;-)

Character HM Armed Forces Raf Arctic Air Forward Controller Equipment Set
Character HM Armed Forces Raf Arctic Air Forward Controller Equipment Set
Offered by Gameseek
Price: 16.48

5.0 out of 5 stars Read the description., 30 Dec 2010
This is an outfit and gear for a HM forces figure. It contains no figure. It says so in the description. Twice. The company that makes it is called Character.
I don't understand all the negativity, as I found the description quite descriptive, and I knew exactly what was in the box.

My son enjoyed this toy, as we had snow recently, and he was able to change one of his HM Forces figures (by Character) into an RAF Arctic Air Forward Controller and go out and play in the snow.
Maybe it would be helpful if a banner in giant flashing lights read "Does not contain figure", but I honestly believe that some people would miss even an obvious sign like that.

I also think that if they didn't show a photo including the figure, then there would be complaints along the lines of, 'I bought this outfit and it doesn't fit my child'.
I hope there will be lots more outfits for HM Forces. Tank Commander would be a good one.

HM Armed Forces Fast Pursuit Battle Tank
HM Armed Forces Fast Pursuit Battle Tank
Offered by Mytoyfactory
Price: 39.99

4.0 out of 5 stars HM Forces fast pursuit battle tank, 16 Nov 2009
This is a nice toy. I was hoping for a real tank, to crush the cars that illegally park in my parking space, but unfortunately this one is not up to the job. My son, however, thinks it is 'brilliant' because it has room for "2 of my guys" and it looks like a "real attack tank". He is 6 and gets immense fun from it. He has asked for a tank commander figure, but I note that there isn't any being made by HM forces. He was disappointed when I told him and he said that it (the tank) should have come with a small pair of binoculars and a tankmans hat or goggles or something.