Profile for Jonathan Carruthers > Reviews

Content by Jonathan Carru...

Jonathan Carruthers

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone
Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone
Dvd

3.0 out of 5 stars Harry Whopper!, 9 Jan. 2016
My wife wanted to watch Harry Botter so we rented this from Amazon.
At first you feel quite sorry for Gary Botter because he's kept under some stairs like a hoover. I fell asleep for a long time but I think what happened is that Gary Pocker gets released or put on probation or something, then goes to some sort of institution for wizards and the criminally insane.
Terry Poppers then meets some friends Hermione and John, also a big friend Hegred.
Arnold learns how to use a wand and say some spells but soons find himself banned from doing that (I think? Fell asleep again)
Eventually Huckleberry Tonic-Water kills the entire staff and spits blood out of his bleeding mouth in a fine mist, in what was the most dramatic ending scene I've seen all week.
3/5 would recommend buying but just skipping to the end

Bon 11-345 Leather Finger Guards (Pack of 5)
Bon 11-345 Leather Finger Guards (Pack of 5)

5.0 out of 5 stars Toasty nails, 9 Jan. 2016
If, like me, you enjoy having toasty warm fingernails, then this is the product for you.
Sometimes I wonder what it would be like if my fingernails ever got cold, sometimes that makes me physically sick, usually if I'm eating soup around the time.

Packing Cubes 4pcs Value Set for Travel - Plus 6pcs Luggage Organiser Zip Bags (Blue)
Offered by OUTDOORS WISH LIST

5.0 out of 5 stars Good, 20 April 2015
Great packing cubes, especially if you enjoy keeping clothes in cubic form, which is how I imagine we will all be living in the future.
My only advice would be don't try to make your international cocaine smuggling trips with these as the powder just falls through the netted part. I lost almost 50% of the product and Bago won't refund me it's value.

Bresser Night Vision Device NightSpy 3x42
Bresser Night Vision Device NightSpy 3x42

3.0 out of 5 stars Have not detained as many neighbour cats recently, 27 Nov. 2014
It's okay. There is a fairly pronounced fisheye effect, as well as being zoomed in, this is not necessarily a bad thing unless you are trying to use it at a near range. This makes it very difficult if, like me, you enjoy navigating your way through your own house in the pitch black. I am very passionate about knowing my house has no other neighbourhood cats in other than my own eleven. For the night's first house-patrol at 2am each evening I tend to become disorientated by this device's optics and I often step into many of the cat traps I leave around the house, leaving me with the very time consuming task of resetting the traps (thanks Bressler [sarcastic]). But I am usually sufficiently adjusted for the 3.30am and 5am patrols.

Ghosts Of The Abyss [DVD] [2003]
Ghosts Of The Abyss [DVD] [2003]
Dvd ~ Bill Paxton
Offered by DVD Overstocks

4.0 out of 5 stars Documentary is shorter than I was expecting, but it ..., 27 Nov. 2014
Documentary is shorter than I was expecting, but it still fulfils my deeply rooted, fundamental urges to hear Bill Paxton's voice before I go to work each morning. Without him I find my day at the office is inefficient, and I often feel lethargic.
Distributors: Idea - maybe a DVD menu option for those willing to hear Bill Paxton immediately? Maybe a button saying "Quick Bill" just after the chapter select button?

Travel Towel - Micro Towelling - Large 130CM X 70CM with carry bag - great for travel, sports, gym, camping, swim, yoga, pilates, bikram, beach, bath or at home. A quick dry travel towel available in 6 colours - Turquoise
Offered by Mountain Warehouse

5.0 out of 5 stars A mind breaking product, 27 Nov. 2014
Fantastic towel for drying my wet body and head, although I was very briefly sectioned under the Mental Health act following complications when I tried to understand how a product can be "giant" and "micro" at the same time

Lonely Planet Hungarian Phrasebook & Dictionary (Lonely Planet Phrasebook and Dictionary)
by Lonely Planet

5.0 out of 5 stars Yes!, 20 Aug. 2014
In order to force Susan (wife) to learn all the European languages, I have demanded that she speak to me in a different language dependent on which room of the house we're in. English is only to be used outside of the house.

Hungarian is for the downstairs bathroom. As it's just a toilet we haven't yet both been in there at the same time. But when the time comes, I know this book's going to come up trumps.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 24, 2016 4:23 PM GMT

Twilight Umbrella: Deluxe Starlight
Twilight Umbrella: Deluxe Starlight

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for hospitals, 20 Aug. 2014
I work as a doctor at an accident and emergency ward in London. I give this product 5 stars for its great ability to calm down and amuse anyone brought into the hospital who's completely tripping their tits off.

I'll usually switch it on and tell one of the staff nurses to keep spinning it until the patient sobers up or falls asleep.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 18, 2014 3:31 PM GMT

22 slots case pouch holder for memory card SD card
22 slots case pouch holder for memory card SD card
Offered by Sunny Market

5.0 out of 5 stars DUAL PURPOSE!!!, 20 Aug. 2014
Great for holding memory cards but also serves as a beautiful presentation case for any interesting bugs you find

High Quality - Extra High Power 12 x 50 Binoculars 10 Year Warranty All Purpose High Magnification Porro Prism Lightweight. Fully Coated High Quality Optics 12x50 Ideal For General Purpose All Round Use For Nature Wildlife Astronomy BirdWatching Sport SightSeeing with Lens Caps, Strap, Carry Bag, Lens Cleaning Cloth etc
Offered by UKHobbyStore ~ PowerSaveBulbs UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Take that, world!, 20 Aug. 2014
An excellent pair. Great for when those days when you have an inexplicable paralyzing fear of the outside world. Simply hold them up back to front, and step outside. The world won't seem so big and scary anymore - result! Just be sure to not remove them from your face until you are safely back inside.

Thanks to these binoculars I've Carpe'd the Diem 3 times already this week.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3