Profile for E. L. Johnson > Reviews

Content by E. L. Johnson

E. L. Johnson "funky_girl365" (Boston, USA)

River Secrets (Books of Bayern)
River Secrets (Books of Bayern)
by Shannon Hale

5.0 out of 5 stars I didn't think she could write a third book as good as the first two, but here's proof she can!, 27 Dec. 2006
This book is brilliant. You can still enjoy it without having read The Goose Girl and Enna Burning, but if you have read them you will recognise the characters, and they are both very good books.

After the war between Bayern and neighbouring Tira finishes, the two kingdoms send an ambassador into each other's cities, and Razo is shocked to discover that he is among the Bayern ambassador's guard. However, things don't stay peachy for very long, what with suspicious neighbours and strange events that look like someone is trying to frame the Bayern.

Enna Burning
Enna Burning

5.0 out of 5 stars A brilliant follow-up to The Goose Girl, 27 Dec. 2006
This review is from: Enna Burning (Paperback)
I loved this book. You don't have to have read The Goose Girl, but it will help you to understand the characters and will make you enjoy this story even more; also, it's definitely worth reading!

The book starts about two years after the end of The Goose Girl. Enna has returned to the forest after her mother died, but her brother is acting strangely. She discovers that he has learnt how to wield fire and use it as a weapon. Enna quickly learns it for herself, but it soon gets out of her hands, turning her against even her best friends.

Goose Girl
Goose Girl

5.0 out of 5 stars The Goose Girl, 9 Dec. 2006
This review is from: Goose Girl (Paperback)
This book is PHENOMENAL!!! It is the best book I have ever read. I absolutely couldn't put it down- literally. I nearly fell down the stairs reading it! It would definitely recommend this to anyone 10+. READ IT OR DIE!!!!

Jane Blonde: Sensational Spylet
Jane Blonde: Sensational Spylet
by Jill Marshall

5.0 out of 5 stars Jane Blonde- Sensational Spylet, 25 Jun. 2006
This is an excellent book which I really enjoyed reading, and I have ordered the sequel in advance. I read it to my younger sister and she enjoyed it too. I would definitely recommend it to girls 9+. I personally am 11 and my younger sister is 9. This was a phenomenal read.