Profile for K. S. Mckenzie > Reviews

Content by K. S. Mckenzie

K. S. Mckenzie "kandymac" (England, UK)

Paw Print Charm for 3mm European Bracelets
Paw Print Charm for 3mm European Bracelets
Offered by Bentley's Bargain Warehouse

4.0 out of 5 stars This charm was a lot smaller than I expected so ..., 17 Sep 2014
This charm was a lot smaller than I expected so I've put it on the end of the other charms I have so it doesn't look lost. Having said that, it really is solid silver and I can't fault the price. Expect delivery to take a while as it comes from Thailand so order early if you need it for a special occasion.

Red Glass / Snowflakes - Sterling Silver Core Charm Bead - fits Pandora, Chamilia etc style Bracelets - SpangleBead
Offered by Pierced And Modified

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this charm, 17 Sep 2014
Love this charm. If you look at it from the top it looks like a clear disc, and as you turn it around the colours appear. It's the same size as other charms I've bought and looks great with all of them. The price was great too! Highly recommended.

Size 20cm Genuine Solid Sterling Silver, High Quality Pandora Style Snap Clasp Snake Charm Bracelet. The bracelet has the built in threads for stoppers and safety chains, and is Hallmarked 925. The Bracelet is compatible with Pandora, Biagi, Troll, Chamilia and similar European Beads, Charms and Stoppers. It is presented in a beautiful velvet gift pouch, and is 2.96mm Thick, it is solid throughout the body. This item is in the UK ready to dispatch using First Class sign for delivery. Please read below in Product Description about Bracelet sizes, and how to order the correct length.
Offered by Beads R Us

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely love my bracelet, 17 Sep 2014
Absolutely love my bracelet. I bought one from Argos years ago and from day one the clasp was faulty, but this one is brilliant. It's just as good as the named brands out there and a far better price. I wear mine 24/7 and haven't had a problem with it. Can't rate it highly enough.

The Memory Book
The Memory Book

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant book!, 22 Feb 2014
This review is from: The Memory Book (Kindle Edition)
I've read books by Rowan Coleman before which have all been extremely good, but this one really is a step up. It tells the story of Claire who is diagnosed with early onset Alzheimer's. It affects members of her family in different ways and this is shown in a variety of situations with each character, namely Claire's mother, two daughters and husband, plus Claire herself. Each family member writes in 'The Memory Book'. They can write whatever they like, most of which revolves around Claire's illness and how it affects them as individuals.

The way Rowan Coleman has described each relationship is remarkable.I particularly enjoyed how Claire uses her illness to befriend her youngest daughter, Esther, and their escapades had me in fits of laughter!

Each chapter is written by a different character and it's not difficult to jump from one person to the next. It's not at all confusing.

Despite the seriousness of the disease, I loved that the story has a happy ending and I have to say, I didn't see it coming!

If you don't read anything else this year, please read this. You won't be sorry. Thank you, Ms Coleman. :))

Cupcakes at Carrington's
Cupcakes at Carrington's
by Alexandra Brown

5.0 out of 5 stars I LOVED this book!, 29 April 2013
I must admit to being a stranger to Alexandra Brown, but thanks to the internet and especially Twitter, I was pointed in her direction, and I was NOT disappointed!

'Cupcakes' is a brilliant story, extremely well written, and covers everything I'd hope to find in a book.

Georgie is a great character with lots of friends, some who turn out to be not quite so friendly, and others who are true friends for life. All kinds of relationships are explored which added to the interest in the story.

I loved the way the book is set inside a department store. It's not your usual setting for a book of this genre but one that made a very pleasant change. My favourite part of the store has to be the cafe, and I couldn't wait to try a red velvet cupcake!

All in all, an excellent novel, and I'm counting the days until the next in the series 'Christmas at Carrington,s'. Thank you, Ms Brown!

The Cradle Snatcher
The Cradle Snatcher
by Tess Stimson

5.0 out of 5 stars The Cradle Snatcher, 7 Jun 2009
This review is from: The Cradle Snatcher (Paperback)
LOVED this book by Tess Stimson. Have bought two more of hers since! Well worth a read if you get the chance. Lovely item, in great condition exactly as described. Many thanks.

Jewel Quest Expeditions (Nintendo DS)
Jewel Quest Expeditions (Nintendo DS)
Offered by filmrollen

5.0 out of 5 stars Jewel Quest Expeditions, 9 Feb 2009
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
Excellent product, totally addictive. Can't stop playing it! The best thing about it is, once you're finished all the levels you can start again, because it's different every time. My hubby's addicted now too!