Profile for Masimba Sagwete > Reviews

Masimba Sagwete

At Speed
At Speed

5.0 out of 5 stars chapter 2 if "Boy racer", 16 Nov. 2013
This review is from: At Speed (Kindle Edition)
No astounding revelations but still a good document of Cav between 2009 & 2013. I'm glad he released it now because I got to read it but it might've made for a better, more complete story if he'd waited till retirement to write it.

Sean Yates: It's All About the Bike: My Autobiography
Sean Yates: It's All About the Bike: My Autobiography

3.0 out of 5 stars a good closing four chapters, 8 Oct. 2013
Enjoyed the last half more than the first. I'm new to cycling and the parts when Sean Yates talks about being DS at Discovery and Sky mean more to me because I knew the people he was talking about. The first few chapters talking about his career meant less to me. There would have been more to enjoy if he shared his stories of racing with a bit more thought on how they relate to cycling as it today. The problem was reading about races I didn't know happened in great, specific detail when the more general lessons he learnt from them would've been more useful. Some really interesting revelations about the 2012 tour and managing Froomie, Wiggo and Cav and their goals. Overall, not a bad read but it would've been more enjoyable for me personally if he'd talked more about the inner workings of the teams he was with as DS.