Profile for flamfacts > Reviews

Content by flamfacts

flamfacts

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6
KES PB1S25 Replacement 25mm Hand Held Shower Bracket for Slider Height & Angle Adjustable Sprayer Holder on Slide Bar, Chrome
Offered by KES Home Global
Price: ú15.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Good replacement, 17 July 2016
Very pleased that the item arrived promptly as the previous holder had pretty much fallen to pieces. Only had to remove the bottom bracket of the tube in the shower and slide the new KES item on and then replace the bracket. The KES holder is a good snug fit on the 25mm tube and holds the shower head in position very well. It can be rotated up or down to suit the height and preference of the user. Four stars because I can't yet talk about its durability but it seems pretty robust so would probably merit 41/2 stars if I could give it. Overall, very satisfied.

Draper Expert 41458 230-Volt Random Orbit Palm Sander
Draper Expert 41458 230-Volt Random Orbit Palm Sander
Price: ú37.95

4.0 out of 5 stars Good, honest, workhorse at an agreeable price., 2 April 2016
Great value and a nice little worker. I have not owned a random orbital sander before but wanted one to take a lot of the hard work out of sanding large surfaces. A purely orbital sander leaves obvious 'ring' marks so the random orbital motion prevents that and generates a much more even surface. I have used it to sand an area of approx. 40 sq.ft and am very pleased with the result. The work was pretty effortless, as I'd hoped, and the degree of control along edges was reassuring.
I did not use the filter provided, in view of the fact that I was doing the sanding in the house and over a fairly large area, so I hooked it up to my shop-vac and that all went very well. In view of the fact that this is how I will use it predominantly, I was very pleased with the dust handling. There was some that escaped through the side ports but not enough to be a bother.
The sander is only single speed but that didn't bother me as the speed seemed fine and I can't envisage any clear circumstances under which I would want to change it. The switch was easy enough to operate, as some can be stiff and awkward, and it sat in the hand very comfortably, and didn't get appreciably warm despite some lengthy sessions.
So pretty much full marks but holding back slightly on the fifth star only because I can't comment yet on its reliability and longevity. I regard it as a very satisfactory purchase, which I admit was made largely on price and the manufacturer's name.

Anti-Kink Smooth Plastic Shower Hose 1500mm Silver Chrome SRSH001
Anti-Kink Smooth Plastic Shower Hose 1500mm Silver Chrome SRSH001
Offered by S R SUNRISE
Price: ú18.88

4.0 out of 5 stars Attractive, cleaner and more hygienic solution., 2 April 2016
I have just fitted the YaKult shower hose and my impressions are as follows. I was impressed by the quality of the end fittings on the hose as they feel very solid and nicely chromed. They arrive with plastic end caps to prevent damage in transit or during handling, so I was reassured that care had been taken during manufacture.
Once fitted the product looks quite nice as it has a nice silvery sheen to it and, as mentioned, the nicely chromed end fittings completed the good appearance. The hose doesn't 'hang' very well on initial fitting as it has been coiled up since manufacture and so I suspect it will need a bit of time to straighten out. I have used it a couple of times now and it is starting to straighten through the effect of the warm water and its own weight.
The surface is super easy to clean compared to the nooks and crannies of the usual spiral covered hoses that always attract and store limescale and also other proteins that can cause mould growth. Overall I am pleased with it. I can't give it a full 5 stars yet as I will need to see how it fairs over time but first impressions are pretty favourable.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 13, 2016 2:38 PM BST

Why There Is No God: Simple Responses to 20 Common Arguments for the Existence of God
Price: ú1.85

4.0 out of 5 stars I am happy for anyone to believe what they want to believe ..., 13 Oct. 2015
Not ground breaking, but a fairly succinct attempt at explaining what should really be obvious to anyone who will stop and think about things, instead of accepting some very well propagated myths and stories that masquerade under the incredibly well protected security blanket called religion. The facts don't add up guys, but then they never have. I am happy for anyone to believe what they want to believe but to have state protection of fantasies truly is beyond belief. I remain truly baffled by the insanity of it all.

The Turning
The Turning
Price: ú5.66

4.0 out of 5 stars I am still reading it but it continues to satisfy and engage me in ways that others authors have ..., 13 Oct. 2015
This review is from: The Turning (Kindle Edition)
Obviously a master of the short story genre. He leaves you with enough information to make the story satisfying but also plenty of food for thought on the characters and what the future might hold for them. I am still reading it but it continues to satisfy and engage me in ways that others authors have not. A recommendable read for sure.

Thor Soft Faced Hammer 31.712r
Thor Soft Faced Hammer 31.712r
Price: ú12.47

5.0 out of 5 stars Plenty of clout!, 26 Feb. 2015
"Just the ticket", as my old granny used to say.
I use it for all sorts of things but bought it for use as a wood chisel mallet. There is one face that is hard/firm and the other has a bit more resilience which is very useful as a gentle 'persuader' for all sorts of other hobby jobs. Used a lot in my workshop. Highly recommended.

Stanley Folding Pocket Knife      0 10 598
Stanley Folding Pocket Knife 0 10 598
Price: ú4.58

5.0 out of 5 stars Great little knife!, 26 Feb. 2015
Really great little knife. Had to fiddle about with it on arrival to work out how to install the blade in the retracting mechanism, but once you get the idea you realise it is a neat little item and really grow to appreciate its qualities. Totally recommend it to any interested purchaser.

The Regeneration Trilogy
The Regeneration Trilogy
Price: ú9.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Early efforts at healing the minds of combat troops., 2 Nov. 2014
Have just finished the first part i.e. Redemption, and enjoyed, if that is the right word in the circumstances, the author's style of writing and delivery. Reasonably convincing portrayal of the characters, both military and civilian, who were having to deal with the consequences of warfare on both the front line and at home. It reiterates some of the harrowing experiences the armed forces had to deal with - both enlisted and commissioned personnel - who inhabited the trenches in this bitter, bloody and benighted conflict; experiences that we can barely conceive of, much less relate to. A conflict that Sassoon so rightly questioned despite the disapprobation it raised in many quarters.
I am not sure where some of the insightful views that are bought out in the narrative originated, but they certainly made me stop and think. They may be the thoughts and conclusions of the author or they may perhaps be gleaned from the writings of some the psychologists struggling with the broken minds put in front of them. Either way, they are thought provoking and the author has clearly done some significant research as she has written extensively about the period. Especially when she highlights two polar opposites in the treatment of some of these battle scarred minds.
All in all a deceptively easy read with good rhythm and flow, punctuated with thought provoking moments. I look forward to moving on with the other two parts of the trilogy.

Generic 52ámmá-á62ámm Lens Filter Step-Up Metal Adapter Ring Lens Adapter adapter ring 52ámm to 62ámm lens accessory kit for Nikon D5300áD5200áD5100áD3300áD3200áD3100áDSLR Cameras

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice little bit of kit., 2 Nov. 2014
Perfectly good bit of kit. I needed this particular configuration and it does the job nicely. Can't fault it for the price.

Photo Plus Macro Coupler Reverse Ring 49mm 52mm Closeup
Photo Plus Macro Coupler Reverse Ring 49mm 52mm Closeup
Offered by Gadget Career
Price: ú4.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Cheap and useful - get one., 2 Nov. 2014
As they say, it does what it says on the tin. Cleanly machined and totally up to the job. No hesitation in recommending.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6