Profile for Nickster > Reviews

Proposal Essentials - Win more, win more easily
Proposal Essentials - Win more, win more easily
by Jon Williams

5.0 out of 5 stars THE Proposal book you need in your life!, 21 Oct. 2015
I've surprised myself to realise I haven't written a review on this book before. After all, I am today on my fourth copy of the book! Why? It lives in my laptop bag, and whenever I lend it to anyone, it's gone forever.

The easiest to read and absorb proposal book you could hope to come across, common sense on each page. I love using the quotes to get buy-in on presentations, the how to templates, and the recognition of real life.

Let's be honest bid folks, you don't have time in your life for bookmarked dullness gathering dust on the shelf - just buy this and read it (but don't lend it out)!

LinkedIn Revealed: The Professional Network Your Career Can't Afford To Ignore & The 15 Steps For Optimizing Your LinkedIn Profile
by Jonathan Kidder

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book, would recommend, 26 Oct. 2014
Great book, have been wading through it and it's just helped me to redo my profile and make it less of a dirge to read (I hope!) Easy to read unlike some books of this ilk. As other reviewers state, it's ideal if you're a new user, but there was plenty there to help me and still beneficial, and the sort of book you can refer back to or help others with.

Bosch TAS6515GB Tassimo beverage maker titanium
Bosch TAS6515GB Tassimo beverage maker titanium

5.0 out of 5 stars Ideal, very pleased, 26 Oct. 2014
I absolutely love my Tassimo, how did I ever live without it? What a middle class thing to say. Suffice to say, I'm really pleased and would recommend to anyone. I'm the only hot drinker in the house and it's just the right size for me, without taking up the entire worksurface. Easy to clean, I live in the sticks but I can still find the pods. My tip though is don't bother with the lattes, heat up your own milk in the microwave and buy the espresso t pods.

Luther - Series 2 [DVD]
Luther - Series 2 [DVD]
Dvd ~ Idris Elba

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 22 Aug. 2013
This review is from: Luther - Series 2 [DVD] (DVD)
Addicted, it gets better with each season. Almost needed company going to the bedroom at night - is it me or are there more things making you jump as each series goes along?!

Drop the Pink Elephant: 15 Ways to Say What You Mean... and Mean What You Say
Drop the Pink Elephant: 15 Ways to Say What You Mean... and Mean What You Say
by Bill McFarlan
Edition: Mass Market Paperback

5.0 out of 5 stars Great tips, easy and pleasant to read, 10 April 2013
One of the few PD books I've been reading lately where I haven't had to force myself to carry on! A Uk author which I like for the straight talking, and several really useful tips. I'll be re-reading this for sure, and would buy any other titles that were relevant from this author.

Disney Princess Disney/ Pixar Brave Merida and Angus
Disney Princess Disney/ Pixar Brave Merida and Angus

5.0 out of 5 stars Great present, 25 Mar. 2013
Very happy, not much more you can say about plastic kids gifts - but little one was not disappointed! Great.

Nice Girls Don't Get The Corner Office: 101 unconscious mistakes women make...
Nice Girls Don't Get The Corner Office: 101 unconscious mistakes women make...
by Lois P. Frankel PhD

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book, 25 Mar. 2013
Good humoured, funny and honest. I am bringing in some of the hints and tips already. Not ridiculously aggressive, just good sensible advice and guidance.

The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People
The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People
by Stephen R. Covey

1.0 out of 5 stars Full of bizspeak, 25 Mar. 2013
As soon as I got to the chapter early on which described how Stephen Covey took the phrase 'paradigm shift' from a scientific book, I started to struggle - and I've still not finished the book. I like plain talking and although I can cope with the odd bit of bizspeak, if I have to keep analysing new terms, I just give up. Not for me I'm afraid, but a lot of CEOs love it.

Happy Bee Box - Wildlife Lodge
Happy Bee Box - Wildlife Lodge
Offered by Garden Selections

5.0 out of 5 stars Great gift, 25 Mar. 2013
This review is from: Happy Bee Box - Wildlife Lodge
Bought for a lady in her 80's who loved it. A nice gift that doesn't require much (if any) preparation in the garden.

Apple iPhone 3 / 3G /3GS PU Leather Flip Cover Black With Screen Protector Film And Grey Micro-Fibre Polishing Cloth
Offered by Yousave Accessories

5.0 out of 5 stars Very sturdy case, fits perfectly, 25 Mar. 2013
I wasn't sure about buying this case as the last time I had one of this type the clips were poor and it broke in no time. This one, completely different, much more robust and I'm very happy with it, when it does go I'll buy another.

Page: 1 | 2