Profile for Michael Turner > Reviews

Content by Michael Turner

Michael Turner

Forty-Four (44 series Book 1)
Forty-Four (44 series Book 1)

1.0 out of 5 stars Welcome to the teenage mind, 14 Dec. 2013
It's a free book and seemed to rate quite highly.

That's it, that's the good stuff.

I stopped reading it after 70 or so pages because it felt like every line should have contained a word like 'summat', 'innit' or 'm8'.
If you were gripped by Twilight, fill your boots, otherwise have a random chat with a teenager.

I don't know or care how old Jools Sinclair is and to be honest don't care because this is truly awful. It's quite possibly the worst book I've ever picked up.

Samsung 350V5C 15.6-inch Laptop (Silver) - (Intel Core i7 3630QM 2.4GHz Processor, 8GB RAM, 1TB HDD, DVDSM DL, LAN, WLAN, BT, Webcam, Integrated Graphics, Windows 8)

1.0 out of 5 stars It was great whilst it worked, 14 Dec. 2013
Which was for about a day.

The screen failed and I followed the instructions for returning it. I waited 28 days for the refund, as the instructions asked and ended up chasing it.

To be fair, I got the refund quickly, but I'm now chasing up the £25 postage cost.

It's really put me off the idea of buying a laptop from an online company like Amazon, who are essentially middle men. I don't like having to request something, and then chase it up when it doesn't happen.

Overall a frustrating experience.

World War Z
World War Z

5.0 out of 5 stars Not what I expected, 14 Dec. 2013
This review is from: World War Z (Kindle Edition)
To be honest I quite fancied watching the film, so I thought I'd read the book first.

After a few pages, it's quite obvious that the whole story is going to be conveyed through nothing but interviews. Each interview gives a delightfully thought out perspective of the different scenarios that each character faced, at different points of the war.

And most importantly, it remains plausible. You find yourself thinking (in the incredibly unlikely) event of a Zombie apocalypse, given each scenario, this is how things would unfold and this is how each character would behave.

A brave approach, which makes for a fantastic read.

**I've since watched the film and it has nothing to do with the book.

Long Time Coming
Long Time Coming

2.0 out of 5 stars Not bad for free, 14 Dec. 2013
This review is from: Long Time Coming (Kindle Edition)
Although without wanting to give anything away, the whole plot was obvious from about a third of the way in. My partner became quite frustrated with my utterings every time 'the mystery' of what happened comes into question.