Profile for T. Satchwell > Reviews

Content by T. Satchwell

T. Satchwell (A Tower in the Heart of London.......)
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Russell Hobbs 18616 Easy Wrap and Clip Iron
Russell Hobbs 18616 Easy Wrap and Clip Iron
Price: 22.10

4.0 out of 5 stars Stephensons Rocket...??, 15 Aug 2013
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I have to confess..I am not a man who irons..terrible I know...but I can't do it. My good lady however religiously hits the board on a Sunday night, so review is a joint effort.
The title of the review...well it is steam driven....and it looks like a rocket.
When it came out of the box...it looked almost like a UFO or NASA's latest attempt at a Space Shuttle.
Still....it was easy to use, the instructions are pretty straight forward.
The cable tidy is a nice feature...our old one has the wrap it round the iron technique, and gets into a mess in the cupboard.

Very pleased and the good lady also pleased with this

Lonely Planet Spain (Travel Guide)
Lonely Planet Spain (Travel Guide)
by Stuart Butler
Price: 12.59

4.0 out of 5 stars Flying in on a DC10 Tonight...., 15 Aug 2013
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
We got this for a forthcoming holiday in Southern Spain. So it was place specific stuff we were after.
Although not a lot of depth in of the area of interest, Spain is a big place..and there is a lot of ground to cover.
Nice mix of text, maps and pictures, and if the rest of the guide is as good as the relevant sections for us....I'd say it was a good buy!!

Chinese Posters: The Iish-Landsberger Collections
Chinese Posters: The Iish-Landsberger Collections
by Stefan Landsberger
Price: 11.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Revolution In A Book, 6 Aug 2013
Loved this....saw it at the British Library exhibition on Propaganda...and I had to get it.
The illustration is beautiful in some cases....Strikingly Scary in others
Covers a range of subjects.......oh yes..that little red book..makes a few appearances
All nicely reproduced posters

Five RED Stars

Lust for Life/the Idiot
Lust for Life/the Idiot

5.0 out of 5 stars Ich Bin Ein Berliner......, 6 Aug 2013
This review is from: Lust for Life/the Idiot (Audio CD)
Two great Iggy/Bowie era albums in a box......Just great...so if you get the Bowie Zeit triple set....you have the sounds of a great
period ...well maybe leave Lodger out...as that wasn't really a Berlin album
Nothing too fancy with packaging...a booklet of Iggy info would have been nice
But it's the quality sounds that count!!!!

Good Vibrations [DVD] [2012]
Good Vibrations [DVD] [2012]
Dvd ~ Jodie Whittaker
Price: 5.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Big Big Time....., 6 Aug 2013
This review is from: Good Vibrations [DVD] [2012] (DVD)
What a beautiful film this is.......How can it be beautiful...when its based around the angry punk scene of a divided and destructive Belfast of the 70's??
Well ..it is...Don't want to spoil your enjoyment....but the bit with the Undertones in the studio brought me to tears!
If you any interest in the (Good) music of the late 70's....you will "get this"....I've still got the mighty Rudi "BIG TIME" single in my box...and know when I look at the sleeve....it could have been folded by Terri H himself!!
This sits nicely alongside "High Fidelity"....Nice story, great script...and some really fantastic acting performances.
We need more films like this.......

Dispatches
Dispatches
by Michael Herr

5.0 out of 5 stars Straight To hell Boys....., 23 July 2013
This review is from: Dispatches (Paperback)
Got into this through my research into the Clash Combat Rock album.....it was a popular read amongst the band.
You can see some of the influence it had on the song writing.
Some scary stories of how war can turn men...well...in reality a lot of the troops were little more than in their teens..into disturbed
vets.
Sean Flynn is mentioned.....son of Errol...who rode into the front line on a Honda Motorbike.
The futility of this whole episode really comes to the fore with a fairly lengthy look at an outpost in the middles of nowhere..which has to be held at all costs...but which actually has no strategic value....but for "political reasons" must never fall.
Interesting and enlightening....the war correspondents were treated as special people, they were protected by the troops and I guess in a strange kind of way respected.
Crazy if you ask me......Brave possibly .....Foolish .....?? But these guys and gals wanted and still want to report what the encounter
A Good Read....

Microsoft Wedge Mobile Keyboard  (Retail Packaging)
Microsoft Wedge Mobile Keyboard (Retail Packaging)
Offered by Payton Products
Price: 38.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Great gadget, 23 July 2013
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I'm using this with a samsung tablet..and so far it's all going really well!
I was a bit uneasy about it being micosoft...and would it be compatible ..but it just
worked.
Batteries included...pop them in and away you go.
The keyboard itself is nice to use....just so much easier than the touch screen keyboard...you could argue that
maybe tablets need to come with keyboards like this...I remember talking to the sales chap when I was looking at ipads and galaxy notes..and he was saying that they were selling loads of these type of bluetooth keyboards..because ..like me people are finding it difficult to use.
The keyboard comes with a stiff foldable cover which acts as a tablet stand...so this is a nice little feature. This does make it quite heavy to carry around...but I think it is something you leave at home for serious typing...not really a great idea on the go..or even the train...
All in all...A great little addition.

Rotring 600 0.5mm Black Barrel Mechanical Pencil Gift Box
Rotring 600 0.5mm Black Barrel Mechanical Pencil Gift Box
Offered by SUNRISE JAPAN
Price: 24.94

4.0 out of 5 stars Puts lead in your pencil....., 18 July 2013
Hardly a gift box!!!
My trusty pencil arrived in a simple cardboard box...no frills....which is fine...it wasn't a gift!
Nice sturdy propelling pencil quality you would expect from Rotring.
Quite heavy to hold...but allows a good grip.
Not really used this for "Technical Drawings"...just making research notes.
Over all pleased with this...and hopefully it will last me a few years

Iams Cat Food ProActive Health Adult With Wild Ocean Fish & Chicken 3 kg (Pack of 3)

4.0 out of 5 stars meeeoww...meeeowww...meeeow, 22 Jun 2013
Soft kitty,
Warm kitty,
Little ball of fur.
Happy kitty,
Sleepy kitty,
Purr, purr, purr.
As they say in the Big Bang Theory.
We used to feed our old cat these, and she seemed to like them.....
On to cat number two ...and this is a change of biscuit for her... First time I put them in the bowl ..she tore into them....and I got the happy kitty state.
I remember the chicken ones of these sometimes seemed a bit greasy....but theese fish ones don't.
Use these in addition to sachet food, and nearly a month in...it's purr purr purr...

Passing the Numeracy Skills Test: Revised Fifth Edition (Achieving QTS Series)
Passing the Numeracy Skills Test: Revised Fifth Edition (Achieving QTS Series)
by Mark Patmore
Price: 7.97

4.0 out of 5 stars Useful addition.......!!!, 26 May 2013
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I got this for my wife who is studying Maths for (yet another...ever changing) Teaching qualification. She has found it very helpful as she approaches her exam date in June.
It covers quite a lot of ground, and has helpful explanation and exercises
Reading one of the other reviews of this....highlighting the problems of some wrong answers being published...and the "difficultly" sometimes in understanding what is being asked of you. I would have to say /..that back when i was studying maths...it was much more clear cut about what they wanted you to do. My 11 year old son comes home with maths questions that sometimes leave me high and dry.....and the "logic" used for the workings....somewhat bizarre
Apologies for venting here...this is not a criticism of this book

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20