Profile for NewLife@44 > Reviews

Content by NewLife@44

NewLife@44 "Happy Days" (Channel Islands)

Allen Carr's Easyweigh to Lose Weight
Allen Carr's Easyweigh to Lose Weight
by Allen Carr

5.0 out of 5 stars Rubbish to read BUT IT WORKS !, 23 Jun. 2006
I bought this book after easily and happily becoming a non-drinker by reading Allen Carr's "Easy Way to Control Drinking".

I began this "diet" book with high hopes and expectations, however, I almost threw it in the bin as soon as Allen Carr started talking about a "Creator". Despite my annoyance at the religious element I persevered out of respect for his alcohol method. Unfortunately I found most of his arguments insultingly simplistic and tunnel-visioned.

On reaching the end, I concluded that it truly was a load of rubbish..... but that maybe I would have fruit for breakfast the next day instead of my usual toast.

Its still early days, but now I find myself eating mostly fruit and vegetables and have cut down drastically on "junk food". I still eat meat and fish but find I am satisfied with a much smaller portion.

So what's going on? Well I believe that somehow within the text Allen Carr manages to brainwash his readers into doing things his way, even when they don't accept his reasoning.

Whatever - it works for me - thank you Allen Carr.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 29, 2007 2:35 PM GMT