Profile for Ian Seddon > Reviews

Content by Ian Seddon

Ian Seddon (Milton Keynes, UK)

Fodor's New England, 29th Edition
Fodor's New England, 29th Edition
by Fodor Travel Publications
Price: 14.22

4.0 out of 5 stars Essential travel companion, 10 Feb 2012
We used this guide more when we were on the vacation than for the pre-trip planning. The book took centre stage when on the road and on the streets of the places we visited.

Lonely Planet New England (Travel Guide)
Lonely Planet New England (Travel Guide)
by Lonely Planet
Price: 15.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Preparation is everything., 10 Feb 2012
The Lonely Planet guide really helped us with the basic planning for our vacation. We were able to decide where we were going to go and what we could expect. When we took the vacation it was an invaluable travelling companion, helping us every step of the way.

Rand McNally New England Regional Map
Rand McNally New England Regional Map
by Rand McNally and Company
Price: 3.53

5.0 out of 5 stars When a PC screen just won't do..., 10 Feb 2012
When we want to go on vacation to a new place, we find that you can do the basics using the Internet but for the fine details, you need guides and maps. This map did exactly what we wanted, showed us the detail, the routes we could take to make the most of our journey. When we got to New England this played its actual proper role, as a road map when we were driving.

Samsung NC10 10.2-inch Netbook (Intel Atom N270 1.6GHz, 1GB RAM, 160GB HDD, Windows XP Home, Blue)

5.0 out of 5 stars Netbook and a whole lot more, 1 Aug 2009
I researched the product and decided it was the one I wanted. My need was for a small PC that we could use around the house and not have to go up to our main PC for every single internet query or Wikipedia check to settle an arguement! I had originally bought an Asus Eee but found the keyboard way too small, the battery way too short-lived and Linux seriously imcompatible with the way I was used to accessing stuff.
The Samsung is totally different, a true Windows laptop, with a big keyboard, a great battery life and frankly nearly as powerful as our main PC. Its been a really good purchase which I would fully recommend to anybody.