Profile for index > Reviews

The Greatcoat (Hammer)
The Greatcoat (Hammer)
by Helen Dunmore

1.0 out of 5 stars A terrble book, 27 Dec. 2013
This review is from: The Greatcoat (Hammer) (Paperback)
As I first started reading, it wasn't to bad. This was supposed to be a ghost story, at the end of the book he is still still alive or still seems to be alive! This is nothing like The Woman In Black, (at least she was actually dead). This book is a ghosty take on a woman who is having a intense relationship with a so called 'ghost'.

I don't recommand this book at all!

No stars for plot

No stars for charcters

The Woman in Black: Angel of Death (Hammer)
The Woman in Black: Angel of Death (Hammer)
by Martyn Waites

5.0 out of 5 stars Highly Recommended, 30 Oct. 2013
This has to be the best book I have read in a long time. The Woman In Black by Susan Hill lacked the emotion for me, but this had in it in buckets. Martyn Waites definitely made a difference writing this book even know it was Susan Hill's idea. I read it within three days on me having it and I couldn't put it down, it was compulsive. I highly recommend it, it is a perfect read just as long as you don't read it in the dark.

5/5 stars for everything including story,characters,emotion and settings!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 1, 2013 9:03 PM GMT

The Cuckoo's Calling (Cormoran Strike)
The Cuckoo's Calling (Cormoran Strike)
by Robert Galbraith

3.0 out of 5 stars It was ok, 26 Aug. 2013
I read this book with a open mind, however considering it was written by J.K. Rowling I felt quite disappointed. The book at the beginning was quite slow and it seemed to gather pace and slow right down again. For me it was a slow book but then if you like crime this is the one for you.

Time Between Us
Time Between Us
by Tamara Ireland Stone

3.0 out of 5 stars A long read, 18 Aug. 2013
This review is from: Time Between Us (Paperback)
I found with this book that it could be quite long and a lots of information being thrown at you. I have given this book 3/5 stars because if you had the patience to read it all in a day it would probably be good but when you are like me who keeps stop and starting you lose pace and it becomes even more confusing.

This book is perfect if you have a quiet day in reading, however if you are on the move i.e. in the car and you can't concentrate I wouldn't really recommend it. I got very confused about the characters, I felt like the author had mixed in a bit of Twilight which made it seem a bit of a copy.

I am going to give the characters 2/5 for the simple reason I could not really grasp them. I would give the plot of the book 3/5 because I found it quite long and very confusing.

If you can read a long book within a few hours this is the book for you, however if you like a quick simple read this isn't going to be the wise choice.

PATIO WEEDER REMOVE WEEDS FROM BETWEEN THE GAPS EASILY A GREAT GARDEN TOOL
PATIO WEEDER REMOVE WEEDS FROM BETWEEN THE GAPS EASILY A GREAT GARDEN TOOL
Offered by dealsassured

4.0 out of 5 stars Patio weeder, 8 July 2013
It really does a good job, very sharp! Mind you it is back braking work, but needs must. Thank goodness its only once a year.

MOD SAMSUNG GT-B5510 GALAXY Y PRO STYLISH PRINTED LUXURY SOFT SILICONE CASE GEL COVER POUCH SKIN + SCREEN PROTECTOR

5.0 out of 5 stars Really cute case, 13 May 2013
I really like this case it keeps my phone safe and secure throughout the whole time I use it. Thank you

Sony MDRZX300R.AE Outdoor Headband Headphones - Red
Sony MDRZX300R.AE Outdoor Headband Headphones - Red

5.0 out of 5 stars Sony Headphones, 29 April 2013
I really love these. I use them all the time they are of a really good quality considering the price.

Mislellaneous EN131 3.8m Telescopic Ladder
Mislellaneous EN131 3.8m Telescopic Ladder
Offered by Abbey Access Ltd

4.0 out of 5 stars Telescopic ladder, 29 April 2013
The only reason this did not get the full five stars. I found folding it down a bit fiddly and it moves very quickly.

#3
#3

5.0 out of 5 stars 5 stars, 16 April 2013
This review is from: #3 (Audio CD)
This album certainly wasn't what I was excepting. What I like about this album is the fact it blends heartache,hearbreak and realty together. Being a singer isn't a easy route to take in life and the way the expressed that more so in Millionaires then any other song. No Words and Six Degrees Of Sepreation, they can either have you in tears or pulling at your heart strings. No Words I can see becoming the next Someone Like You watch this space.

Highly recommanded

5/5 stars

The Lovely Bones [DVD] (2009)
The Lovely Bones [DVD] (2009)
Dvd ~ Mark Wahlberg
Offered by DVDBayFBA

5.0 out of 5 stars Great film, 18 Mar. 2013
I have watched this film about four times and it's a film that you can keep watching for ages. I really liked the plot of the film and I eagerly await to read the book. 5/5 highly recommended.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6