Profile for index > Reviews

Purpose
Purpose
Offered by MediaMerchants

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Album, 19 Mar. 2016
This review is from: Purpose (Audio CD)
This is the first Justin Bieber album I have bought and I purchased back when it came out. Ever since I have noting down my feelings and thoughts towards the album, the verdict is... Great!

Firstly, Bieber has shown a growth on this album that I don't think his previous work has. There are some very thoughtful and heartfelt songs as well as there being some catchy tunes, ideal for the Summer. On songs like "Love Yourself" and "Life Is Worth Living", there is an emotion that is "raw" and somehow both song's can almost lead the listen into tears.

Secondly, I feel that some of the songs are quite commercial but not necessarily individual but I do think after a few plays you take the song for what it is and you just enjoy it.

On a commercial note, I think Bieber has done a good job on his maturity and I think that is very clear throughout the songs on the album. Although I would say the melodic side can be a bit "immature" but again that is personal preference, however lyrically the songs speak for themselves.

As a whole I think Justin Bieber has done very well and completely turned himself as well as his music around. This I am clearly glad of as it is very evident that Justin is very talented! I highly recommend this album!

caseable Fire Tablet Skin (7-Inch Tablet, 5. Generation - 2015 release), Circulation

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice Sticker, 14 Mar. 2016
This is a beautiful sticker for Fire devices however, I don't think it warrants the price that is being charged. I would like to think that from the price, the artist(s) have a percentage of the money.

However money aside. The sticker looks great on my Kindle and really does the "lift" the tablet in a good way! I had some issues with the application of the sticker and unfortunately, the sticker was poorly cut out which made it harder to lift with my fingers.

Truly, though, if you are looking for something that is artistic as well as unique, this is for you!

Gruesome Guides: Stratford-upon-Avon (Horrible Histories)
Gruesome Guides: Stratford-upon-Avon (Horrible Histories)
by Terry Deary

5.0 out of 5 stars Great read!, 14 Mar. 2016
To start, this book is great for when you are in Stratford Upon Avon, however it doesn't matter where you are in The World to read this novel. Deary offers the same amount of wit as in all of his other books. I have to say, it is a great and interesting read as well as being quite short.

For me, this books offers a large amount of insight into the history of Stratford Upon Avon. It is a great book for someone either young or old!

Ashleigh & Burwood - Classic Mosaic Oil Burner - Moonlight
Ashleigh & Burwood - Classic Mosaic Oil Burner - Moonlight
Offered by House Of Harris

5.0 out of 5 stars Great!, 8 Mar. 2016
Given as a gift. Love it! It a stunning item!

Staedtler Triplus Colour 323 SB10 Fibre-Tip Pen Desktop Box - Assorted Colours (Pack of 10)

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 27 Feb. 2016
Great pens for Art, highly recommend.

Sephia SP8040 Earphones Headphones, High Definition, Noise Isolating , Bass Driven Sound for iPhone, iPod, iPad, MP3 Players, Samsung Galaxy, Nokia, HTC, Nexus, BlackBerry etc (Black)
Offered by Sephia

5.0 out of 5 stars Great!, 27 Feb. 2016
Great earphones. Amazing quality and wonderful packaging. A must buy!!

Printer's Devil Court (The Susan Hill Collection)
Printer's Devil Court (The Susan Hill Collection)
by Susan Hill

3.0 out of 5 stars It Lacks Something, 7 Oct. 2015
I read this book quite quickly as others have said, it is quite a short read. To be honest I wasn't grabbed by the book, the beginning was good but then somehow the book had no "middle" or "end". On page 29 there is a intense and detailed description of London but I have to be honest I think it was from that page or the following chapter that it all went down hill.

This is the second Susan Hill book I have read and the second that hasn't grabbed me. This is supposed to be a ghost book? I didn't feel the haunted vibes.

I Cry When I Laugh (Deluxe)
I Cry When I Laugh (Deluxe)

3.0 out of 5 stars I Don't Quite Know, 5 Oct. 2015
When Jess Glynne first arrived on the scene, I thought "here we go, another house artist". As more of Glynne's music became available I realized that I should give her a chance and more to the point wait until the album comes out.

There are a few songs on the album I really like, however there are songs for example, Saddest Vanila Feat Emeil Sande that really do get on my nerves due to the repetitive nature and rather "dommy" music. I am almost confused, what is Glynne trying to say? In some parts of the album we have a woman who is "upbeat" and at other times with songs such as "Why Me" we hit a low point.

Another thing that contributed to my decision to give Glynne 3/5 was because I saw on TV at The Wireless Festival. I know Jess Glynne has had vocal surgery but for me I think it shows and as in terms of the live performance I witnessed, I thought maybe Glynne should have pulled out. Glynne isn't the first person this has happened to but it did give me a different judgement.

I recommend this album, to be honest I do enjoy listening to some of her songs but I always have that thought of the Live element.

What Do You Mean?
What Do You Mean?

4.0 out of 5 stars Room For Improvement.., 5 Oct. 2015
This review is from: What Do You Mean? (MP3 Download)
I bought this song as it is very catchy and since Bieber has bucked his ideas up, I thought "give the boy a chance". I feel that after the success of Where R U Now that this was the song Justin and his management picked for his next single as the other song was a chart topper and had Summer vibes.

I have given Bieber 4/5 because melodically the song just doesn't do it for me, for me unless you was at a club and not really listening to the lyrics then it would probably be great! However I have faith in Bieber! Lyrically the song for me is beautiful, I also think that if and when the dude does an acoustic version people will think differently, fans or not fans.

Cress (The Lunar Chronicles Book 3)
Cress (The Lunar Chronicles Book 3)
by Marissa Meyer

3.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing (SPOILERS), 4 Oct. 2015
I know some people really enjoyed and like this book but for me, I found the book slow and at time "boring". I have to admit Scarlet is my favorite book and I therefore adore the character, Scarlet and her male friend Wolf.

I found Cress to be quite immature, I know her situation was hardly the best but I did find her innocence to bordering on irritating. At times I got quite confused on who was the "badie" and who was a "goodie". I found some of the book to be quite irreverent and I also felt that they were too many sides to the story which made me personally feel bored and frustrated.

On a Cinder note, she got on my nerves. If I read once her intentions were to bring down Queen Levana, I read it a dozen times. I found Throne, the other male character, quite arrogant and to be quite honest a bit of a "waste of space" at times.

I didn't think there was enough of Scarlet in the book, maybe it was because I like her character along with Wolf, I found this irritating in itself.
I have to be honest, for me this wasn't the best book and I can only hope the fourth book is better.

I recommend this book to finish the trilogy, especially if you want to carry on reading The Lunar Chronicles but there was something about this book that just didn't hit the note for me.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8