Profile for index > Reviews

Content by index

index

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
Lola and the Boy Next Door (Anna & the French Kiss 2)
Lola and the Boy Next Door (Anna & the French Kiss 2)
by Stephanie Perkins

5.0 out of 5 stars Another Remarkable Book!, 3 Aug 2014
Anna And The French was a amazing book, however this book topped that! The characters offer something that doesn't come in every book, that is what makes this series so special.

The plot was a twist-turning, emotional journey that you just kept haning on to. I read this book within the day and I couldn't put it down, it was truly addictive.

Highly highly recommended.

Anna and the French Kiss (Anna & the French Kiss 1)
Anna and the French Kiss (Anna & the French Kiss 1)
by Stephanie Perkins

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing Read, 24 July 2014
I loved this book! I was really hesitant about reading Anna and the French Kiss, but it really changed my mind as I started reading it. Within the first I managed to read all of the book but about 80 pages.

I am not always a fan of Young Adult books, however this really changed my perspective on the Young Adult but also Love which is the main theme of the book.

The book- The chapters for me were the perfect length, not too long, not too short. Also the characters were incredible, the way they all had their own story to tell.

The plot- What can I say? I wish the plot developed into real life!

Highly Highly recommended!!!!!!

In The Lonely Hour
In The Lonely Hour

5.0 out of 5 stars What can I say?, 10 Jun 2014
This review is from: In The Lonely Hour (Audio CD)
I love Sam's album for all reasons. Sam has made some incredible choices when it comes to production and when it comes down to those, spine-chilling and haunting vocals.

Every song for me hits on such a personal note but I think what is absolutely amazing about Sam Smith is that you can relate his songs to any period of your life. There are very few artists that can do that.

5/5 stars all the way

Highly recommended

Boy Meets Boy
Boy Meets Boy
by David Levithan

5.0 out of 5 stars LOVED IT!, 23 May 2014
This review is from: Boy Meets Boy (Paperback)
I really enjoyed this book, it was a fun and short read. I really liked the plot of the book and how everything all came together during the story.

The characters were a bit confusing but other then that I give this 5/5 stars. Highly recommend.

If I Stay
If I Stay
by Gayle Forman

3.0 out of 5 stars It Lacked Something, 18 May 2014
This review is from: If I Stay (Paperback)
I didn't really enjoy this book. It took me over a week to read and I felt like I was pushing a car up a hill to be honest.
I have given this book 3/5 stars because I just didn't enjoy it. the plot and characters were good but it just didn't hit on a note for me.

You & I
You & I

5.0 out of 5 stars One Of The Best Songs I Have Heard To Date, 11 May 2014
This review is from: You & I (Audio CD)
This song offers everything, from the vocals to the amazing sonic sounds.

I gave this song 5/5 stars because I really couldn't fault it.

I recommend highly recommend it.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 25, 2014 10:41 PM BST

The Killing of Kayla Sloane
The Killing of Kayla Sloane
by Kim Harrington

5.0 out of 5 stars Breathtaking!, 9 May 2014
This book is amazing. I has you guessing in till the very end which for me is a sign of a good book. The characters play a massive role in the book and I think that is why it's such a good book.

The characters are a bit confusing but once you've mastered them you'll be fine

Recommend massively

4/5 Character
5/5/ Plot
Overall 5/5

Alexander McQueen: The Life and Legacy
Alexander McQueen: The Life and Legacy
by Judith Watt

3.0 out of 5 stars The Driest Book I Have Read To Date, 26 April 2014
The book starts off quite well and the visuals are of a very good quality. As I read on it suddenly came in to my mind that the two women writing actually know McQueen. Daphne Guiness and Judith Watt made NO personal note about McQueen or his works. It was just all referencing. That said was the reason I gave it 3/5 stars because I felt there was no personal attachment, it was all just words.

4/5 Visuals
2/5 Writing
Overall 3/5

The Sound
The Sound
by Sarah Alderson

3.0 out of 5 stars A nice Summer read, 17 April 2014
This review is from: The Sound (Paperback)
I've given this book 3/5 stars because I felt that it was great book but unfortunately it didn't have me turning the pages. I like where the book was set and the picture it built in the mind but then it all got very confusing. Within a few chapters there was so many characters, with all very "samey" names which made the book even more difficult to understand. I also felt that the book did get quite dry and in doing so I kept stopping the book to put it down. I don't want to give too much away especially if you haven't read it but what I will say is it's confusing especially the beginning and the end.

On a more positive note. The book was a nice and quick read and I felt that I'd recommend it as maybe I'm basing this on my personal preferences and others could absolutely love it.

Rating for the characters- 3/5
Plot-4/5
Writing style-3/5

Lollipop Tree Beaded Bookmark
Lollipop Tree Beaded Bookmark
by Peter Pauper Press
Edition: Misc. Supplies

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely bookmark, 16 April 2014
This bookmark is a really cute gift and it's very pretty. I recommend buying this as a gift or even just for your self. Another great product from Peter Pauper Press.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5