Profile for index > Reviews

Content by index

index

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8
Printer's Devil Court (The Susan Hill Collection)
Printer's Devil Court (The Susan Hill Collection)
by Susan Hill

3.0 out of 5 stars It Lacks Something, 7 Oct. 2015
I read this book quite quickly as others have said, it is quite a short read. To be honest I wasn't grabbed by the book, the beginning was good but then somehow the book had no "middle" or "end". On page 29 there is a intense and detailed description of London but I have to be honest I think it was from that page or the following chapter that it all went down hill.

This is the second Susan Hill book I have read and the second that hasn't grabbed me. This is supposed to be a ghost book? I didn't feel the haunted vibes.

I Cry When I Laugh (Deluxe)
I Cry When I Laugh (Deluxe)

3.0 out of 5 stars I Don't Quite Know, 5 Oct. 2015
When Jess Glynne first arrived on the scene, I thought "here we go, another house artist". As more of Glynne's music became available I realized that I should give her a chance and more to the point wait until the album comes out.

There are a few songs on the album I really like, however there are songs for example, Saddest Vanila Feat Emeil Sande that really do get on my nerves due to the repetitive nature and rather "dommy" music. I am almost confused, what is Glynne trying to say? In some parts of the album we have a woman who is "upbeat" and at other times with songs such as "Why Me" we hit a low point.

Another thing that contributed to my decision to give Glynne 3/5 was because I saw on TV at The Wireless Festival. I know Jess Glynne has had vocal surgery but for me I think it shows and as in terms of the live performance I witnessed, I thought maybe Glynne should have pulled out. Glynne isn't the first person this has happened to but it did give me a different judgement.

I recommend this album, to be honest I do enjoy listening to some of her songs but I always have that thought of the Live element.

What Do You Mean?
What Do You Mean?

4.0 out of 5 stars Room For Improvement.., 5 Oct. 2015
This review is from: What Do You Mean? (MP3 Download)
I bought this song as it is very catchy and since Bieber has bucked his ideas up, I thought "give the boy a chance". I feel that after the success of Where R U Now that this was the song Justin and his management picked for his next single as the other song was a chart topper and had Summer vibes.

I have given Bieber 4/5 because melodically the song just doesn't do it for me, for me unless you was at a club and not really listening to the lyrics then it would probably be great! However I have faith in Bieber! Lyrically the song for me is beautiful, I also think that if and when the dude does an acoustic version people will think differently, fans or not fans.

Cress (The Lunar Chronicles Book 3)
Cress (The Lunar Chronicles Book 3)
by Marissa Meyer

3.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing (SPOILERS), 4 Oct. 2015
I know some people really enjoyed and like this book but for me, I found the book slow and at time "boring". I have to admit Scarlet is my favorite book and I therefore adore the character, Scarlet and her male friend Wolf.

I found Cress to be quite immature, I know her situation was hardly the best but I did find her innocence to bordering on irritating. At times I got quite confused on who was the "badie" and who was a "goodie". I found some of the book to be quite irreverent and I also felt that they were too many sides to the story which made me personally feel bored and frustrated.

On a Cinder note, she got on my nerves. If I read once her intentions were to bring down Queen Levana, I read it a dozen times. I found Throne, the other male character, quite arrogant and to be quite honest a bit of a "waste of space" at times.

I didn't think there was enough of Scarlet in the book, maybe it was because I like her character along with Wolf, I found this irritating in itself.
I have to be honest, for me this wasn't the best book and I can only hope the fourth book is better.

I recommend this book to finish the trilogy, especially if you want to carry on reading The Lunar Chronicles but there was something about this book that just didn't hit the note for me.

Scarlet (Lunar Chronicles, Book 2)
Scarlet (Lunar Chronicles, Book 2)
by Marissa Meyer

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing! (SPOILERS), 27 Sept. 2015
This book!!!!!

I read Scarlet within three days and it has been mind-blowing! After Cinder I didn't think the series could get better, however it did! What I really love about the books is the uniqueness that they come with, the author thinks of something so extraordinary and so different it leaves you wanting more and more!

At first I wanted to read about Cinder and her journey more than I did to find out about the new character Scarlet. As the book merges Scarlet and Cinder together, I found it incredibly interesting. This book had so many strong "twists and turns". I was left reading chapter after chapter and I a lot of the time I couldn't put the book down!

Another thing I need to mention is the two male characters. Without giving too much away there is one on Cinder's side and one on Scarlet side. The guys are both brilliant even though they both have equal parts one had me from the moment he spoke!

I highly highly highly recommend this book!!!

British Fashion Designers (Mini)
British Fashion Designers (Mini)
by Hywel Davies

4.0 out of 5 stars A Bit..., 31 Aug. 2015
The book is very interesting but I think at some points the book has been labored, a example is if one Fashion Designer has said London offers many advantages etc, it is expressed more than a few times.

The photography is good and I think the cover is very pretty but it lacked for me. I expected a bit more from this book and I also think they have chosen predictable Fashion Designers to write about, a example of this is Vivienne Westwood and Burberry Prorsum.

I think this book is good for a source of information, unfortunately for me I wouldn't quite "reach" for it every time.

Art Moon Toronto Double Clothes Rail on Wheels with Side Telescopic Bars 10ft for Hanging
Offered by Tatkraft

3.0 out of 5 stars Very nice quality, however, 28 Aug. 2015
Very nice quality, however, this rail is OK if you just what to hang up shirts or blouses or light dresses. If you try to hang suits or jackets on the higher rail the rail just slides down!

Justin Bieber Girl Friend Eau de Parfum for Women 100 ml
Justin Bieber Girl Friend Eau de Parfum for Women 100 ml
Offered by xpress beauty

5.0 out of 5 stars Great fragrance!, 10 Aug. 2015
The perfume has an amazing scent and lasts for a long time!! I would highly recommend to someone who is probably older than 12 or maybe even older than 13 as it is quite a mature scent.

Justin Bieber Key Eau de Parfum for Women 100 ml
Justin Bieber Key Eau de Parfum for Women 100 ml

4.0 out of 5 stars Really good!, 10 Aug. 2015
I think this perfume is very mature and I would probably buy again. However I don't think the scent lasts a for very long which means you need to put quite a bit on, other than that I really like it!

Tiger Presentation Display Book A4 20 Pockets
Tiger Presentation Display Book A4 20 Pockets
Offered by AbbeyShake

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, 3 Aug. 2015
Great display book to keep my work in, I would defiantly buy another one.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8