Profile for index > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6
The Geography Of You And Me
The Geography Of You And Me

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, 3 April 2015
I have given this book two stars as I didn't like the writing style or the main plot of the story. I think this book is either for someone who wants a Summer read or for someone who just wants something a little different. I found the characters went on and on about thoughts and memories they were either sending to each other or just thinking about.

I found Lucy's character to be quite slow and she did get on my nerves for a lot of the story, I think this was due to the pace of the book. Owen's character on the other hand was great! Just not in this story, Owen was a fast paced character who knew what he wanted and where is heart was which isn't what I could say about Lucy.

The plot was okay, quite weak I must say and I do think though the author had spent a lot of time doing research for this book but unfortunately it didn't come together for me.

Do I recommend it? Who would I be to say? If you want a easy read, this maybe for you or if you want something to give you some comfort on the weekend this maybe for you. For me I wouldn't go out of my way to re-read this.

Pushing the Limits (Harlequin Teen)
Pushing the Limits (Harlequin Teen)
by Katie McGarry

5.0 out of 5 stars Something else, 15 Mar. 2015
I really enjoyed this book and as I started reading it became highly additive. This book is truly different, it uses health issues and coming of age, both topics not many talk about and bring them together in such a brilliant way!

You need to read the book to see what I'm saying but I think it is a amazing story and I can't wait to read the next book.

Highly recommended

Blackwood [DVD]
Blackwood [DVD]
Dvd ~ Ed Stoppard

3.0 out of 5 stars I didn't really enjoy the film and in my mind it was a ..., 26 Feb. 2015
This review is from: Blackwood [DVD] (DVD)
It was a okay film. I didn't really enjoy the film and in my mind it was a waste of the actors talents. The storyline seemed to drag and I kept thinking "oh no, not again". If Ed Sheppard ran around once he ran around a dozen times.

I don't recommend this film
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 27, 2015 12:22 PM GMT

The Lunar Chronicles: Cinder: 1
The Lunar Chronicles: Cinder: 1
by Marissa Meyer

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing!, 28 Jan. 2015
It took me a bit of a while to get into Cinder but when I did, oh my! I really enjoyed the book and I found it to having twists and turns throughout the book which meant it always kept me on the edge of my seat.

The characters were really good and they held a good amount of time between them without boring the reader. I do however think the world got a bit confusing but that might have just been due to personal reasons I had, such as putting the book down for a month.

I highly highly recommend this book and I can't wait for the second book!

Twilight: The Graphic Novel,  Volume 1 (Twilight Saga: The Graphic Novels)
Twilight: The Graphic Novel, Volume 1 (Twilight Saga: The Graphic Novels)
by Stephenie Meyer

5.0 out of 5 stars Great!, 12 Nov. 2014
Great book! I also loved the illustrations. Highly recommended

Lola and the Boy Next Door (Anna & the French Kiss 2)
Lola and the Boy Next Door (Anna & the French Kiss 2)
by Stephanie Perkins

5.0 out of 5 stars Another Remarkable Book!, 3 Aug. 2014
Anna And The French was a amazing book, however this book topped that! The characters offer something that doesn't come in every book, that is what makes this series so special.

The plot was a twist-turning, emotional journey that you just kept haning on to. I read this book within the day and I couldn't put it down, it was truly addictive.

Highly highly recommended.

Anna and the French Kiss (Anna & the French Kiss 1)
Anna and the French Kiss (Anna & the French Kiss 1)
by Stephanie Perkins

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing Read, 24 July 2014
I loved this book! I was really hesitant about reading Anna and the French Kiss, but it really changed my mind as I started reading it. Within the first I managed to read all of the book but about 80 pages.

I am not always a fan of Young Adult books, however this really changed my perspective on the Young Adult but also Love which is the main theme of the book.

The book- The chapters for me were the perfect length, not too long, not too short. Also the characters were incredible, the way they all had their own story to tell.

The plot- What can I say? I wish the plot developed into real life!

Highly Highly recommended!!!!!!

In The Lonely Hour
In The Lonely Hour

5.0 out of 5 stars What can I say?, 10 Jun. 2014
This review is from: In The Lonely Hour (Audio CD)
I love Sam's album for all reasons. Sam has made some incredible choices when it comes to production and when it comes down to those, spine-chilling and haunting vocals.

Every song for me hits on such a personal note but I think what is absolutely amazing about Sam Smith is that you can relate his songs to any period of your life. There are very few artists that can do that.

5/5 stars all the way

Highly recommended

Boy Meets Boy
Boy Meets Boy
by David Levithan

5.0 out of 5 stars LOVED IT!, 23 May 2014
This review is from: Boy Meets Boy (Paperback)
I really enjoyed this book, it was a fun and short read. I really liked the plot of the book and how everything all came together during the story.

The characters were a bit confusing but other then that I give this 5/5 stars. Highly recommend.

If I Stay
If I Stay
by Gayle Forman

3.0 out of 5 stars It Lacked Something, 18 May 2014
This review is from: If I Stay (Paperback)
I didn't really enjoy this book. It took me over a week to read and I felt like I was pushing a car up a hill to be honest.
I have given this book 3/5 stars because I just didn't enjoy it. the plot and characters were good but it just didn't hit on a note for me.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6