Profile for Coco > Reviews

Titanic Resource Pack - Memorabilia Pack
Offered by Resources for Teaching
Price: 6.05

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for 7-12 yar olds, 14 Feb 2011
= Durability:2.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:5.0 out of 5 stars
My Titanic-mad 5 year old son was very interested in the pictures but too young to comprehend the level of detail in all of the ephemera, but I expected that when I ordered. I think this pack is very good value for money, especially for a child over the age of 6 or 7.

Mary Poppins - The Complete Collection (Includes all six stories in one volume)
Mary Poppins - The Complete Collection (Includes all six stories in one volume)
by P. L. Travers

4.0 out of 5 stars Oldie yet goldie, 14 Feb 2011
I love Mary Poppins and my children do too (7 and 5). I bought this collection as I found it impossible to find each title separately. It's quite a humdinger of a book and comes without pictures, which is a shame. The children still enjoy the stories and I enjoy reading it to them, but they are disappointed when they want to see an illustration of what is happening in the story.

Chefs Hat and Apron for a Child in Blue
Chefs Hat and Apron for a Child in Blue

4.0 out of 5 stars My child has a big head!, 14 Feb 2011
The apron is great and it arrived in good time. The only problem is that my 5 year old son's head is pretty large and the hat isn't even close to fitting. When he wears it without doing up the velcro fastening he looks like a Dutch milk maid!

The Ramona Collection, Volume 2: Ramona and Her Mother; Ramona Quimby, Age 8; Ramona Forever; Ramona's World (Ramona Collections)
by Beverly Cleary
Price: 12.92

5.0 out of 5 stars A classic in our house, 2 Dec 2010
We love the Ramona books in our house. I read them as a little girl and now my seven year old daughter reads them to herself at night. Ramona Quimby is a great character - sassy and headstrong she is also a sensitive little thing, her imagination and curiosity getting her in to trouble at every turn. With strong family values and Ramona getting a bit older with every book this second collection in the series should be on every 7+ little girl's bookshelf. Fun to read aloud or to yourself.

Nigella Express
Nigella Express
by Nigella Lawson
Price: 10.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Delicious quick dishes, 5 July 2010
This review is from: Nigella Express (Paperback)
Until now Jamies' Dinners was the recipe book of choice in our kitchen, but it was time to move on to something new. Having been recommended Nigella Express by countless good friends I finally gave in and ordered my very own copy. When it arrived I sat down and thumbed through the recipes, folding down the corner of every dish I planned to make. In the three weeks we've had the book we've eaten 'Nigella' about ten times - not bad going. Rocky Road is a favourite, and the steak with white bean mash was yummy. I'm saving a few of the wintery ones for when the weather gets colder.
Roll on winter, Nigella awaits.