Profile for suejoh > Reviews

Content by suejoh

suejoh (Near Salisbury, UK)

Page: 1 | 2
Bushnell Natureview No Glow HD Camera with Live View - Green (14 MP)
Bushnell Natureview No Glow HD Camera with Live View - Green (14 MP)
Offered by CameraKing - UK Registered Company. VAT receipt included

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely fabulous, 17 Mar. 2016
Absolutely fabulous. We are amazed at the excellent footage both during the night and during the day. During one very cold night it had a problem but since then it has taken every night. We have a fox, badger, numerous cats and unfortunately a rat that come in the night. During the day it picks up all the birds.
I think there is a slight delay from being triggered as we have seen the back end of a deer a couple of times and sometimes we cannot see what triggered it.
I like the attachment you can use to show the field of view when you set it up. We use this to map left and right so we know where to put the food and to ensure we keep it pointed more to the ground. We have used it at the bird feeder too and it triggered well and we had our best audio. Generally though the audio is limited but that is fine for our use.

BecoThings Eco-Friendly Rope Ball - Blue
BecoThings Eco-Friendly Rope Ball - Blue

5.0 out of 5 stars It is long enough to keep your hand a bit out of the way and the rope is a good width. The ball is not enormous so it ..., 17 Mar. 2016
I use this to play tuggy with my dog a GSD. I now have 2 of them. It is long enough to keep your hand a bit out of the way and the rope is a good width. The ball is not enormous so it can fit in my pocket and my dog prefers this size (large sizing). I throw one and then throw the other when she comes back to me - so great exercise. It is easy to throw and that is important as I am rubbish at throwing. My friend who has a GSD too was very taken with it and said she would get one. I do not leave them with her so I dont know how robust it would be if the dog chewed on it.

Good Ideas Instant Height Non Slip Outdoor Step (1193) Half Step instantly reduces height of doorsteps. Mobility Aid.
Offered by Comfort Living

5.0 out of 5 stars Good for dog training, 12 Nov. 2015
Arrived promptly and well packaged. I am using it for dog training. I can send her to it to put her paws on it and we practise turning. It is the ideal height and size for this and it is non slip.
When we dont need it for that we will use it as a step.

Two Fantastic Quality Dog Toys in Beautiful Gift Box by The Natural Pet Company (Tug-of-War Dog Rope Toy Double Pack) (For Interactive Play With Your Dog).
Offered by The Natural Pet Company UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Very well made and looks sturdy. Our GSD is just 6 months and it ..., 12 Nov. 2015
Arrived promptly. Top quality product. Very well made and looks sturdy. Our GSD is just 6 months and it might be a bit too firm for her to tug on at the moment. I don't know what other people find. However she likes the frayed ends of the one and I will keep the ball for when she is a bit older.
Also it comes in a sturdy cardboard box. It is very nice and I am sure I can hide treats in it during training.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 12, 2015 9:47 AM GMT

Brain Games For Dogs: Fun ways to build a strong bond with your dog and provide it with vital mental stimulation
by Claire Arrowsmith

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book. There is a huge variety of games ..., 25 Oct. 2015
Great book.
There is a huge variety of games and enough details so that you can see how to teach it.

Claire covers everything quickly but it is practical and detailed. The text is broken down into short paragraphs with headers so it is easy to find what you are looking for.
The first part of the book is setting the scene. How to train, when, where, safety, keeping it fun and so on.
The rest of the book is different types of games organised into groups that help you select the best games to play either by location, age of your dog or type of game.
Each game has an introduction that covers why to play that game and at what stage in your dogs life or training. There is a coloured block that gives a brief outline of the type and difficulty of the game and props required. Teaching the game is explained using lots of pictures and the steps in smaller print. This is the only thing I found annoying as it is not so easy to read but at least it keeps the book smaller and packed with info.

The Hobbit Trilogy [DVD] [2015]
The Hobbit Trilogy [DVD] [2015]
Dvd ~ Martin Freeman

5.0 out of 5 stars ... that making 3 movies of one small book seems like a rip off but I did enjoy all 3 ..., 25 Oct. 2015
I know that making 3 movies of one small book seems like a rip off but I did enjoy all 3 movies. It is not epic and detailed like the Lord of the Rings trilogy but still a great movie with quite a lot of nail biting.
However if you have a phobia for spiders - don't watch.

Total Recall
Total Recall
by Pippa Mattinson

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent book. It covers training recall starting with a ..., 18 Oct. 2015
This review is from: Total Recall (Paperback)
Excellent book. It covers training recall starting with a puppy, older dog or problem dog.
The steps and criteria are laid out clearly. As on Pippa's website the explanations are clear, thorough and to the point.

I am half way through having started with a puppy.

Bosch TWK7607GB Village Collection Kettle, 1.7 L - Beige
Bosch TWK7607GB Village Collection Kettle, 1.7 L - Beige

2.0 out of 5 stars This is a very inexpensive kettle and it lives up ..., 29 Jan. 2015
This is a very inexpensive kettle and it lives up to its price.
Everything that could go wrong with a kettle has gone wrong.
We have had it for about 6 months and my husband had to fix the lid assembly.
Now it does not always turn itself off.
We wont be buying it again

The Night Circus
The Night Circus
by Erin Morgenstern

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 29 Jan. 2015
This review is from: The Night Circus (Paperback)
This is a great book. I wish I had not read it so I could start all over again.

JJC LCD Hood for Canon 3.5" Camcorder LCD [See Description for Compatibility]
JJC LCD Hood for Canon 3.5" Camcorder LCD [See Description for Compatibility]
Offered by PowerPlanet

5.0 out of 5 stars Simple but Effective, 1 Nov. 2013
I could not use the camcorder in bright sunlight without this. It does not take all the glare off the screen but you can at least see what is going on.
It is easy to fit and very light. It does not fold up so take a bit of room in the camera bag but this is what makes it so sturdy.
Excellent value.