Profile for AndyL > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10
Yorkshire Terrier Cufflinks Fine English Pewter
Yorkshire Terrier Cufflinks Fine English Pewter

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice present for a Yorkie Enthusiast!, 10 May 2012
Bought these as a present for my Dad who is infatuated with his Yorkie and has everything so is always difficult to buy for. They are good enough quality for an enthusiast. He loved them.

18 Grip plectrums - Variety of colours and guage picks - Professional and perfect for any Guitar

5.0 out of 5 stars Its what it says it is..., 10 May 2012
Its what it says it is. A load of different plectrums at a bargain price. Yeah I would prefer Simpsons cartoons or "pick of destinys" or something but heh these play okay and you still have loads left when you lose one or your daughter "borrows" one...

Planes and Rockets and Things That Fly
Planes and Rockets and Things That Fly
by Richard Scarry

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book, 10 May 2012
A cartoon book that is full of technical information, has beautifully drawn pictures and insidiously teaches science without your children noticing. What's not to like? Seriously I remember Busy busy World from when I was a child and I just love Richard Scary's drawings. They are so detailed and complex and beautiful.

Glee: The Music, Volume 2
Glee: The Music, Volume 2

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Feel Good Music, 10 May 2012
I don't think this album is quite is good as the first but its still a must buy. They are very good cover versions and don't diminish the originals. We often have it on in the car turned up to 11 to cover my daughter and I singing!

Glee: The Music, Volume 1
Glee: The Music, Volume 1

5.0 out of 5 stars Great versions, Good compilation., 10 May 2012
One of the shop assistants in our local Spar used to play this album and since many of the tracks are my vintage I used to love it. They are such feel good tracks. Eventually I asked what it was and come Christmas bought this album and volume 2. They are very good cover versions and don't diminish the originals. We often have it on in the car turned up to 11 to cover my daughter and I singing!

Pure Contour 100Di Dock for iPhone/iPad/Compatible iPods with DAB Digital/FM Radio (discontinued by manufacturer)

3.0 out of 5 stars High Quality Stereo clock-radio., 10 May 2012
At the current price (£90) it is a bargain as a high quality clock radio with iPod dock. Its loud enough for a small room and the quality of music etc from the iPod or the radio is orders of magnitude better than anything cheaper - What HiFi gave it five stars. Not sure I would give it that much because I find the iPod connectivity a pain - My iPhone 4 stops playing as soon as the security lock cuts in whilst my iPod video is fine but navigation using the remote is tricky.
Others have reported problems with DAB sensitivity but I had no problem. It was the easiest thing I have ever setup. I took it out of the box, extended the aerial, switched it on, selected English. It then tuned itself, found the correct time and then bizarrely tuned in to Radio 2 on the DAB - apparently that's by design since they show that on the getting started guide too!
So overall its pretty good, loses stars because of the awful iPod/iPhone connectivity but the bottom line is I am going to keep it. At that price its just perfect for a kitchen or small flat and a great present for a new student (or grandma)...

The Christmas Chillout Album
The Christmas Chillout Album
Offered by Factory Shop Deals

1.0 out of 5 stars Not particularly interesting..., 15 Jan 2010
Bought this album for Christmas because I'm not keen on normal Christmas Music. Its pretty poor and didn't get played very often. If you want something different try "Peter Green and the Men In Blue" and "The ACM Christmas Choir". These got played by me and others regularly during the period but the Chillout Album was only played when we had played everything else too much...

F-Secure Anti-Virus 2009 (PC)
F-Secure Anti-Virus 2009 (PC)

5.0 out of 5 stars Cheap, Easy installation, Hope its good, 15 Jan 2010
I bought this because I'm driven mad by Norton AV prices and installation - You can get a boxed product from Norton including the first 12 months much cheaper than the renewal and the installation of a new product if you have had a previous one is painful and gives you less than 12 months!
This product installed and updates easily and appears to work well. It works well in the background and has caused no issues. recomended...

OPTIMATE 3 AND 4 CIGAR SOCKET LEAD WITH WHITE TM CONNECTOR PART NUMBER TM68
OPTIMATE 3 AND 4 CIGAR SOCKET LEAD WITH WHITE TM CONNECTOR PART NUMBER TM68
Offered by Mad4Bikes

4.0 out of 5 stars Useful Cable, 15 Jan 2010
I have a permanantly wired Optimate connection on my bike so that I don't have to take it apart just to fit a trickle charger and am using this with a Solar Charger that has a Cigarette lighter output to connect it whilst I make a more weather proof and less Heath-Robinson lead. It works but I don't believe that the connector is weather proof when something is connected - If I was using this to power an accessory I would want to hide it in a Fairing cubby hole (Not that the Ninja would have anywhere big enough but a Deauville might).

Light Sword Twin Pack (Wii)
Light Sword Twin Pack (Wii)

1.0 out of 5 stars Not sure which games they work with, 15 Jan 2010
= Fun:1.0 out of 5 stars
I'm not really sure which games are appropriate for these and some more help on the item would be useful. I bought them for Lego Star Wars and my kids were very disapointed as the controls are not appropriate for that - although Lego Star Wars itself is very good don't buy these for it.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10