Profile for M. Jones > Reviews

Content by M. Jones

M. Jones "Mark Jones" (Chesterfield, UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6
Lowepro Pro Runner BP 450 AW II Bag for Camera
Lowepro Pro Runner BP 450 AW II Bag for Camera

5.0 out of 5 stars I'm Impressed...., 12 May 2016
My last Lowepro bag I have had for around six years but alas I have now outgrown it and its no longer big enough for what I need however, i will still keep it and use it for those smaller jobs.

The Lowepro Pro Runner BP 450 AW II is a bit special. The first thing I noticed when I opened the box was the quality and the finish, it's very impressive. Its well made, obviously durable and extremely adaptable. I now have all my kit in one place and I feel it's secure and safe. I like the lockable zips, I like the secure fastenings for my large tripod and I like the vast amount of storage space, Lowepro have worked hard developing this bag and I am very glad I purchased one.

Its a lot more comfortable to carry on my back than the old Lowepro I think the waist belt is a must though as there is some serious weight in my bag, the waist belt really does help to distribute the weight.

To give you an idea of the space available I have in mine:

Nikon D4s
Ipad
Filters
Spare Memory
Notebook
Battery chargers for both cameras
Cables

Plus whatever else I may have forgotten.

I suspect I will get many years of use out of this.

Suunto Ambit3 Run Watch with GPS black black Size:UNI
Suunto Ambit3 Run Watch with GPS black black Size:UNI
Offered by First Class Watches

5.0 out of 5 stars Just the job........... Apparently, 10 May 2016
I've never used it as I purchased it as a gift for my son who is one of the top OCR runners in the country, recently qualified and will be representing the UK at the World Championships in Toronto.

He really puts his kit through its paces and it has to be tough to withstand the punishment he throws at it.

He loves it and says its the best one he's had. If he's happy, so am I.

Henry Hoover bags (10 Pack)
Henry Hoover bags (10 Pack)

2.0 out of 5 stars backwards Step in Quality, 10 May 2016
This is the 2nd order I have made for the same product. First time very satisfied, unfortunately I cant say the same for this delivery, the item is poor quality yet more expensive, the bacgs themselves are paper thin and very easy to damage whilts putting them in the Henry. I wont order these again.

2 Pack of Collagen Sausage Casings (23mm Diameter) 75FT per pack!
2 Pack of Collagen Sausage Casings (23mm Diameter) 75FT per pack!
Offered by Butchers-Sundries

5.0 out of 5 stars Good quality, easy to use, 21 April 2016
I've had these casings in the past and never been let down by them. They store for ages and never go off. I highly recommend them, hence 5 stars.

2 Piece Mess Tin Set - Aluminium
2 Piece Mess Tin Set - Aluminium
Offered by AAAz Ltd

3.0 out of 5 stars I went cheap and got cheap., 21 April 2016
Not the quality I was expecting having used the real thing for 24 years but we'll see how they go. I don't expect them to last too long, already they are out of shape as I dropped them on the table when I unpacked them.

Feeder Drinker Stand - Eglu Go with Feeder and Drinker - Green
Feeder Drinker Stand - Eglu Go with Feeder and Drinker - Green
Offered by Omlet

2.0 out of 5 stars It's very poor quality for the money I paid, 8 Mar. 2016
It's very poor quality for the money I paid. I had an Omlet Eglu for years and the quality was superb so I totally expected this to be the same. Unfortunately my wife got rid of the packaging and returns label otherwise I would have sent it back for a refund. The lid on the feeder doesn't fit and no matter how hard I try, I can't get it to clip on, the wire frame doesn't stay locked in place either.

I spent £35 on this and even before it was used I have had to tape it together with gaffer tape. Poor quality.

Had my wife not got rid of the packaging etc, it would have gone back, Omlet have let themselves down.

Lexar Professional Multi-Card Dual Slot USB 3.0 (500 MB/s) Memory Card Reader - Black
Offered by MyMemory

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Card reader, 3 Mar. 2016
Best card reader i've ever had. It reads quickly and is made very well. Highly recommended.

Manfrotto 4 Leg Section Carbon Fibre Tripod
Manfrotto 4 Leg Section Carbon Fibre Tripod

4.0 out of 5 stars Impressive bit of Kit, 3 Mar. 2016
The quality of this product is outstanding. Mine needed a little adjustment when it arrived as the locking clips were a tad too tight and difficult to lock.

Its also a lot heavier than I expected for carbon fibre, I suspect I should have gone for the 3 leg section but that's my fault and not a reflection on the product at all. I do feel very comfortable and at ease with my D4s and 400mm attached, very sturdy bit of kit.

Its already had some rugged use in rivers and craggs etc and it stands up well. I would recommend it for the serious landscape photographer. Had I not had to fiddle with it on receipt to make it usable I would have happily given it 5 stars

Solid Wood Cart Wagon Wheel Garden Bench Patio Burnt Stained Outdoor Furniture
Solid Wood Cart Wagon Wheel Garden Bench Patio Burnt Stained Outdoor Furniture
Offered by KD & Jay

3.0 out of 5 stars A bit small, 15 Aug. 2015
A lot smaller than I expected but great quality. A bit too squashed for two adults but the kids love it.

If it was an extra foot wider it would be grear

Fladen Outdoor Home Smoker with 2 Burners
Fladen Outdoor Home Smoker with 2 Burners

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant Bit of Kit, 15 Aug. 2015
Used this for the first time today to smoke some fillets of Ling I caught when out sea fishing. Got to say I can't fault it. The fish smoked perfectly and tastes beautiful.

It's not the best quality smoker on the market and I'm sure there are better ones but for the money, full marks from me.
Comment Comment | Permalink