Profile for Andy M. Briars > Reviews

Everything Is New
Everything Is New
Offered by best_value_entertainment

4.0 out of 5 stars Album- Great, Delivery- Excellent!, 10 July 2009
This review is from: Everything Is New (Audio CD)
After really liking Jack's first album Matinee, I was thrilled to see he had a new one coming out. Then I saw him at Radio 1's Big Weekend and he played a few of his new tracks which didn't sound as great as his old ones such as Torn On the Platform, Second, Minute or Hour etc. I pre-ordered the album a week before it's release conscious of the fact it only had 9 tracks which is probably the least I have seen on an album in a while. It arrived 3 Days before it was even released which amazed me and overall it's pretty good. It's a lot different from his first album which is more acoustic and rock- this has a range of styles of music. There are some great songs even though there are only 9 on the album. Tonight's Today was a great choice to release as first single as it is catchy and lyrically clever. Pull My Heart Away, Be The One and So Near stand out as great tracks. Let's All Die- despite having strange lyrics has great music and gets you hooked and Body Down is a good way to finish. I've only given in 4 stars as:
1. It isn't my album of the year as Franz Ferdinand- Tonight still get's my vote and with JET, The Cribs and Idlewild coming with new albums it could still fall.
2. It only has 9 tracks which isn't many. If it had more then it maybe would get 5. Seeing as it has been 2 years since his first album I was expecting something brilliant as Kings Of Leon had a 1 year gap from their previous album and then released a worldwide blockbuster of an album.
It is different from his first album so it may be a surprise but it is still great music just different from the fast paced guitar and drumming we heard from Matinee.