ARRAY(0xa92b8654)

Profile for Joey's Dad > Reviews

Content by Joey's Dad

Joey's Dad "Joey's Dad" (NY, London, and Germany)

Page: 1 | 2
Bioshock (PC DVD)
Bioshock (PC DVD)

5.0 out of 5 stars 1st class action-adventure game with bargain basement pricing., 26 Jan 2012
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Bioshock (PC DVD) (Video Game)
This game is a wonderful blend of non linear action and adventure. It's fun, beautiful, and interesting. It's crash free and glitch free. It's pretty long, cheap, and has replay value. I, honestly, can't find anything negative to say about the game, because I enjoyed it thoroughly.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 (PC DVD)
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 (PC DVD)
Offered by EUROGAMES
Price: 19.49

1.0 out of 5 stars Call of duty just gets worse and worse., 8 Nov 2011
= Fun:1.0 out of 5 stars
No spoilers here.

I have played every call of duty, so far, but it ends here. I had hoped that the COD franchise would finally improve the gameplay, and return to being the fun Multi- and Singleplayer game that it once was, but it hasn't. I was already disappointed with MW2 and especially BLOPS, but this is the last straw. I didn't think it could get worse, but I was wrong. The scenery looks like the scenery of previous MW games and BLOPS. IMO, it looks like a bad photoshop job that combines the scenery of the last three games, and the game controls are ridiculously clunky. It looks and runs like utter crap. This game doesn't come anywhere near modern standards. Unfortunately, that's only the beginning of the hardships. This game is also very glitchy/buggy, and many of the gun sounds are off of the mark. I, honestly, can't find one reason to return to the game and play any more. I may have overlooked some of the game's redundancy and flaws, if it were a free or cheaply priced expansion pack, but they are selling this recycled and boring joke of a game at full price. I don't mind paying this much for a game that deserves it, but MW3 isn't worth more than 5 or 10 pounds at best.

Call of Duty Elite? Pfff. There is nothing Elite about this game, and while I am getting onto that subject. I knew that the PC version of the Call of Duty Elite wouldn't be ready on time, and what do you know. It isn't ready.

I only wish. I could have the time, and the money back, that I wasted on this poor excuse for a game.

Haf X RC-942-KKN1
120GB OCZ Vertex 3
2x 600GB WD Velociraptors
Corsair AX1200 Gold
Corsair H100 liquid CPU cooler
Comment Comments (5) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 21, 2011 4:51 PM GMT

Battlefield 3 - Limited Edition (PC DVD)
Battlefield 3 - Limited Edition (PC DVD)
Offered by rockaway-records
Price: 32.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun game., 31 Oct 2011
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
So far, I have played this on 2 of my PC's.
System 1:

Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit
Kazemaster Pro
Game settings on Ultra

Simple and Spoiler free

Once I launched the game, I was hooked. This game is beautiful and fun. The game does not have a clunky feeling to it and it runs quite smoothly on both PC's.

Although the campaign portion of the game is too short IMHO, it does not lack in the fun department. However, I must say that the multiplayer portion of BF3 is the true shining gem here. The maps are large and well detailed. There are a lot of weapons available, and it's well balanced. It's easy to get into a match, and there are still a lot of team players out there to keep the game competitive.
I, too, was skeptical about installing Origin, but it does it's job. As far as scanning my PC goes, I don't like it, but I can understand why it's done.
Since, Steam and many other programs/websites are no better in this department, I bit the bullet and tried it myself a few months ago. It does run well. So,I'm over it now.

End point
The game is really good and I'm glad that I played it. Thumbs up to Dice for creating this FPS treasure.

Logitech G500 Gaming Mouse
Logitech G500 Gaming Mouse

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent gaming Mouse., 8 May 2011
This mouse is great.
It feels good. It can be adjusted. It's accurate,and it's very responsive.
I've tried out quite a few different ones and this is the mouse that worked the best so far.
Also, I have 4 different computers with 7 different operating systems and it works very well on each one of them.

LittleBigPlanet 2 (PS3)
LittleBigPlanet 2 (PS3)
Offered by GAMES CONSOLES BARGAIN
Price: 16.48

5.0 out of 5 stars More fun., 29 April 2011
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
I reviewed the first game. So, this review will be very short.

Basically, we only want to say that we like this game as much as the first one. It is just as fun to play.

Little Big Planet - Game of the Year Edition (PS3)
Little Big Planet - Game of the Year Edition (PS3)
Offered by 1stvideo
Price: 15.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent game., 29 April 2011
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This is a very creative and fun family game.

My children absolutely love this game. My son is almost 5 and my daughter is 16.

This game is an absolut gem. When you see how happy your children are, you'll be glad you bought this game.
My son is learning how to judge distances, overcome obstacles, time movements, etc. My daughter likes customizing her sack boy, connecting to friends to complete levels together,etc. At first, my daughter protested when I told her to help my son play in the beginning. She said, "That is a baby game", but 10 minutes later she was dying to get in on the action.

Sometimes, they play this game for hours at a time, and I have to pry them away from it.
This game is definitely worth the money spent.

Call of Duty: Black Ops (PC DVD)
Call of Duty: Black Ops (PC DVD)
Offered by Game Trade Online
Price: 12.10

2.0 out of 5 stars COD Black Ops, 24 Nov 2010
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is edited on the bottom. I downrated this game from 4 to 2 stars.

Spoiler free review

The activation went smoothly.

This game runs flawlessly on my computer. (Intel i7 940, 16GB RAM, 2+GB HD Video, HD Surround + Vista 64 Bit)

I have spent countless hours playing and not once have I had any connection or gameplay problems.

The graphics and sound are good too. I honestly expected more here, because of the hype.

If you enjoyed the previous call of duty games, you'll enjoy this. This game is just as good (nothing earth shattering though)

I usually play single player as practice and then multiplayer only a few hours.
However, this time, I enjoyed both the singleplayer and multiplayer components, including the combat training. I was most taken in by the team death match and the search & destroy modes. The free for all was fun a few times but just chaotic after a while. However, these are just my humble opinions.

Just be sure that your system can handle at least the recommended(not minimum requirements) including high speed broadband for multiplayer access.

Some things did cause me to remove a star. 1st)The graphics as mentioned above. 2nd)This game is definitely a load of fun, but the single player mode is way too short and 3rd) the multiplayer combat training mode was short and limited.

So, on the skinny. If you are buying this only for singleplayer, wait until it's cheaper. If you are a multiplayer fan, go for it. It's worth the money.

Edit: After the game was patched, the MP ran like crap and every patch and/or expansion since either made it worse or did nothing. I even ran this on my new PC and it's still lagging. The MP portion of the game was taken from me. So, I took back my 2 stars.

Stolen (PS2)
Stolen (PS2)
Offered by media-4-u
Price: 3.99

4.0 out of 5 stars A lot of fun..., 23 Oct 2010
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Stolen (PS2) (Video Game)
This is a surprisingly addictive and fun stealth game. I played this quite a while ago. All I remember is that you pretty much play it as if you are a thief trying to steal important items and complete objectives. I thoroughly enjoyed this game from beginning to end. Some areas were a little harder than others to get through, but you feel good when you figure it out. This is not a run and gun. This is a break in, take what you need and escape, while avoiding detection game.

Medal of Honor - Limited Edition (PC DVD)
Medal of Honor - Limited Edition (PC DVD)
Offered by SC-WHOLESALE
Price: 2.99

4.0 out of 5 stars A lot of fun, but a few minor flaws., 17 Oct 2010
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
You'll be enjoying smooth gameplay here no lagging. I didn't experience any problems/bugs during installation or gameplay.

The mission objectives are, for the most part, well thought out and fun to execute. Being able to choose from three difficulty levels makes this a fun game for beginners as well as advanced players.

I've read a few of the harsh negative reviews about the level gameplay being off. For example, someone commented on being stuck for 10 Minutes waiting for something to happen because they were in the wrong spot. Even if that were to happen, and the chances are really low. Only an idiot would stand around wasting (not 1,not 2,not even 3 Minutes, but 10 Minutes) waiting for something to happen when you have Dynamic HUD to direct you further, and a brain that's supposed to click in and tell you that you missed something. At that point,it wouldn't take a genious to figure it out or restart, which would take a maximum of a couple of minutes. Here's the kicker. I went back to the game just to replay that level to see if I'd get stuck too. I tried 20 times and the answer is no. I asked everyone that I know on- and offline about this and that's quite a few people. Not a single one had that problem either. There are definitely some minor flaws(as with all games), but most of these negative reviews are exaggerated. I grant you that this isn't COD video quality, and it's short, but it's still entertaining and fun.

The graphics are better now than in previous medal of honor games, but they could have been better.
I have an Intel i7 940 with 16 GB RAM
approx. 2.5 GB HD Video-RAM. So, I definitely expected more as far as graphics go.
They were paying attention to some of the details on the screen, but clearly not to all of them. Some areas in my humble opinion were lacking quite a bit.
You can adjust the graphics. However, the options were far too few, and don't help much.
Although, as far as sound goes, I did like being able to turn the music down some. So, I could hear the objectives better.

The story and the objectives were okay. I'd say typical war scenarios. Rescue left behind soldiers. Take out enemy positions by destroying their heavy armor, hold a critical position until back up arrives and so on. I do think they could have used a little more oomph in the soldier's acting/voice lines.

This is a solid FPS, but you won't experience too much, if anything new here.

There were some things that bugged me during gameplay . 1st, the larger guns. In the beginning of the game they blocked my view when hunting enemies and during combat. They decided to use a camouflage style this time, which created a blind side to my (lower and middle) right viewing area. It blocked my view of enemies even more when I lifted the gun upwards,for example, when I was exchanging fire in the mountains. I got used to it and worked around it after a while.
2nd, and above mentioned lack of cutting edge video and settings.

so, what bugged me the most? The single player mode was way too short about 1/2 the length that it should have been. That is unusual for a MOH game. I like using the single player to prepare for multiplaying in case the controls are new, and to get a feel for the storylines and gameplay. This time I used Tier 1 as a single player intro to the multiplayer combat. Although there's nothing different in it. You're basically playing the singleplayer with a time limit to beat, no checkpoints,etc.

All in all, the good outweighs the bad and makes this game worth playing. However, because of the shortness and lack of ground breaking gameplay. If I had to buy it again, I would have liked to have paid a little less.
Comment Comments (5) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 7, 2011 8:25 PM GMT

Syberia Collection (PC DVD)
Syberia Collection (PC DVD)
Offered by PNA247
Price: 10.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Syberia 1+2 great games., 14 Oct 2010
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
Even if you only buy this collection for syberia 1 + 2, it is worth buying. These are 2 excellent adventures.The gameplay is a lot of fun and the storylines are good. If you consider when these games were 1st made and released, you'll agree that the graphics are also quite good. These 2 PC games put the adventure in adventure games.
Amerzone, however, is another story. It wasn't as good. It's one of those rainy day games, when you don't have much else to do.

Adventure gamers alert!
SYBERIA 3 is coming on PC and possibly on Sony PS3. The release has been pushed back due to a problem concerning Sony PS3 restrictions in the U.S.A.
Sony has denied releases of many of Microids games in the Unites States, including the denial of Syberia on PS2. I'm almost certain that the problem revolves around production costs and Sony wanting excessive royalties. Microids is an independent company. Sony should be making more exceptions for these smaller companies, who are now moving into the console markets. Even with the high number of sales of microids games thus far, they haven't had a chance to earn the type of profits needed to release a full scale of multi-platform games. I can't speak for everyone, but I like variety and quality when playing games which is something that is being squashed, when other smaller and/or newer companies can't release their products.

Page: 1 | 2