Profile for Claire > Reviews

Tuesdays With Morrie: An old man, a young man, and life's greatest lesson
Tuesdays With Morrie: An old man, a young man, and life's greatest lesson
by Mitch Albom

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely little book..., 21 Oct 2014
I absolutely loved this book. A lovely read. A real thought provoking book. I really enjoyed it. I just wish it had been longer because I read it far too quickly. Couldn't put it down. A must read!!!

The Understudy
The Understudy
by David Nicholls

2.0 out of 5 stars Didn't finish it .., 19 Oct 2014
This review is from: The Understudy (Paperback)
I have read One Day by the same author which I thought was brilliant and I literally couldn't put it down. However, this one was very different. I read most of it, it started off ok - predictable but ok. But then picking it up began to feel like a chore. To the point I have stopped reading it. There's probably about 40 - 50 pages left for me to read but I can pretty much guess the ending, and although that is the case with some books anyway, this one I just can't be bothered with.

Counselling for Toads: A Psychological Adventure
Counselling for Toads: A Psychological Adventure
by Kenneth Grahame

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic read and fantastically written.., 7 Oct 2014
This book is a great read. I bought this when I was in counselling training. I have read this a number of times since then and have enjoyed it each time. It is based on Wind in the Willows and allows us to follow Toad on his counselling journey. Lovely and interesting read ..

Back To Zero
Back To Zero

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant...!, 7 Oct 2014
This review is from: Back To Zero (Audio CD)
Loved this album. I do love Jill jackson. This cd is great and really worth getting. Loved it from beginning to end..!!

Getaway Driver
Getaway Driver

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it......!!, 7 Oct 2014
This review is from: Getaway Driver (Audio CD)
Fantastic cd. I love Jill Jackson and think she is so talented. This cd certainly didn't let me down. Love every single track..!!

Imagine Me and You [DVD] [2005]
Imagine Me and You [DVD] [2005]
Dvd ~ Piper Perabo

5.0 out of 5 stars A wonderful film...., 7 Oct 2014
This film is so heartwarming and lovely. I have watched it numerous times and just absolutely love it.
It isn't like other films I have seen about same sex relationships.. This one has so much authenticity. Certainly a must see...!!

The Runaway
The Runaway
by Martina Cole

4.0 out of 5 stars Couldn't put this book down!, 20 July 2014
This review is from: The Runaway (Paperback)
I couldn't put this book down..! It was the first Martina Cole book I've read but I'll definitely be reading more. Had me hooked from the first page.

Me Before You
Me Before You
by Jojo Moyes

5.0 out of 5 stars MUST READ!!, 7 Oct 2012
This review is from: Me Before You (Paperback)
I bought this book to take away on holiday. What a superb holiday read..! I laughed outloud a number of times and was left in tears at other times. I know this is a book I will most likely read again sometime. It had a very important message basically saying "Live the life you want, do all you want to do because you never know what's around the corner..". This is the first JoJo Moyes book I have read. After reading this I immediately went out to purchase another of her books. She is a fantastic writer. So basically... READ THIS BOOK...!!

Fingersmith
Fingersmith
by Sarah Waters

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent!, 13 Sep 2012
This review is from: Fingersmith (Paperback)
This is the first Sarah Waters book I have read and I thought it was brilliant. I felt so sad at times and happy at others. Don't want to spoil anything.. Absolutely loved the twist in the middle even thought it did for a short time break my heart! Really enjoyed it. Would definitely recommend

Fifty Shades Freed
Fifty Shades Freed
by E. L. James

4.0 out of 5 stars Sad it's finished.., 30 July 2012
This review is from: Fifty Shades Freed (Paperback)
I enjoyed this book. I thought the second and third books from the Fifty Shades trilogy were better than the first. I dragged out reading this one because I didn't want it to end.. Think I am gonna miss Christian and Ana..!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3