Profile for Boyuptheroad > Reviews

Content by Boyuptheroad

Boyuptheroad "Stew" (UK)

Navitech Black Hard Eva Nylon 6 " Inch Protective Tough Carry Case for Tomtom Start 60 6 inch widescreen Sat Nav GPS
Offered by Navitech (VAT Registered)

5.0 out of 5 stars Exception value for an excellent case!, 29 May 2014
This case is excellent value! And yes you can get the car lead and cigarette lighter USB adaptor in too! It has a separate compartment in the lid for this The case provides excellent protection for the Start 6M.

It is well made, padded and has a strong, solid outer, but is also giving. I am an engineer and if designing a case fo the 6M... It would be this one!!
The price is exceptional, given the product! ....GET ONE!

Ps ... And no, I have no connections with the supplier!

Think Diesel
Think Diesel
Offered by Auto-Unique Ltd.
Price: 3.49

4.0 out of 5 stars Works!, 2 Sep 2013
This review is from: Think Diesel
Having been caught out putting petrol into my first diesel car, I decided to put some warning device in place!.....IA voice warns you to ensure DIESEL is used.
I have founds this device works ok... but have noticed on the odd occasion it fails to sound when the fuel cover is opened.
I can only put this down to not enough light exposure to it when the cover is opened.
But for the price, I think it is really good value! Especially when I was quoted 200 to drain the petrol out!!

Practical Guide to Inspection, Testing and Certification of Electrical Installations
by Christopher Kitcher
Price: 18.54

4.0 out of 5 stars Mistakes!, 2 Sep 2013
......The book as a whole is very well laid out and written, with great pictures, by a very knowledgeable author.

However, I did find that there are a number of mistakes in some of the answers to the test questions...so be aware!

Panasonic KX-TG8563EB Trio Corldess DECT Telephone set with Colour screen and Answer Machine.
Offered by DST (UK) LTD Established 1999
Price: 99.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Comms.. was breaking up.., 2 Sep 2013
After some homework and looking at the reviews on this model, I felt it would be a good choice.
On receiving, I found that everything was good, including, looks, style, easy to set up and build quality, however, to my disappointment, once I started using them, I found the signal to the caller was breaking up and this was with the handset only a few feet from the base station. Sadly, I have returned them and opted for a BT model, as I never had this problem with my old, reasonably priced, BT model, which I had for over 10 years without any problems.

Draper 44968 490-605 mm Carpet Stretcher
Draper 44968 490-605 mm Carpet Stretcher

4.0 out of 5 stars Draper 44968 Carpet Stretcher, 4 Oct 2009
A better quality tool for the more advanced diy er or professional who does not use it too heavily, such as electrician. Solidly built all round.
If you are not a professional carpet fitter but want a decent tool I have found this tool fits the bill.