ARRAY(0xae1169c8)

Profile for Mr. P. G. Sutton > Reviews

Content by Mr. P. G. Sutton

Mr. P. G. Sutton "choir invisible"

Page: 1 | 2
SanDisk Sansa Clip+ 8GB MP3 Player with Radio and Expandable MicroSD/SDHC Slot - Black
Price: 35.17

3.0 out of 5 stars Good enough, 26 Oct 2013
It does what I need which is hold a reasonable quantity of music and play it back easily and loudly enough..

Despite what the instructions say you can't just drag and drop music into the player.
Well you can if you don't mind most of the tracks getting filed under 'Unknown artist'
I don't use iPlayer or Windows media player but I had to in order to get the music in a format where I could find what I wanted to listen to.
The volume is fine, the menu structure is ok.

Only other gripe is the battery level indicator take 2 to 3 days to go from full to half full, and 2 hours to switching itself off with low power

Doctor Who - Complete Series 6 [DVD]
Doctor Who - Complete Series 6 [DVD]
Dvd ~ Matt Smith
Price: 13.50

4.0 out of 5 stars Not much changes, 1 Mar 2013
Typical Dr Who some fabulous episodes, some dull ones.
Some that grow with repeated watchings.
I like Matt Smith as the Dr, quirky and so uncool

Alice's Restaurant: Original Soundtrack
Alice's Restaurant: Original Soundtrack
Price: 4.99

5.0 out of 5 stars One track, 1 Mar 2013
I bought this for the title track.
Its worth it!

The rest is ok but I'll not be spending much time listening to the rest

Toshiba Satellite PRO C850-15T Intel  2400 MHz 500 GB 4096 MB Intel  HD Graphics 3000
Toshiba Satellite PRO C850-15T Intel 2400 MHz 500 GB 4096 MB Intel HD Graphics 3000

4.0 out of 5 stars Typical laptop, 1 Mar 2013
Its way faster than my old one and works properly as well.
I don't like the memory card slot, I prefer the more positive click in click out that my old laptop had.
The cd/dvd release button is very difficult to find by touch, I always end up withth e laptop on its side while I find it.
Other than those minor irritations I'm happy with the machine

Dredd [DVD]
Dredd [DVD]
Dvd ~ Karl Urban
Offered by DVD Overstocks
Price: 4.87

5.0 out of 5 stars Its Dredd, 1 Mar 2013
This review is from: Dredd [DVD] (DVD)
Its a two or three part story from the comic.
Prpoer Dredd, no catchphrase, no major changes, no face.

I can't see someone who grew up with the comic not liking this.

2 minor grumps, I don't like the Lawmaster nor the cityscape

ZTE Tania Windows 7.5 Sim Free Smartphone - Black
ZTE Tania Windows 7.5 Sim Free Smartphone - Black

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good for the price, 10 Dec 2012
I bought this during the sale and have now had a week and a bit to get used to it.
Pros - its much faster than my blackberry was when accessing the internet.
I got some good free games.
Looks good
Excellent value for money

Cons - While you can change the ringtone to your own choice, the text alert only allows you the 10 presets. (windows issue not phone)
I keep altering the volume when locking the phone due to the button positions.
Having put a pile of music onto the phone Windows and Zune keep altering the order from alphabetical to random (its how they are stored not the random play function).

A general comment about modern phones is that they are all so keen to allow users to keep up with 'social media' and giving them the ability to share everything the phone and OS developers seem to have forgotten that 1 - some people just want a phone with a bit of added functionality.
2 - some people want to be able to access the os to tweak it the way they want it tweaked.

Overall very happy with the phone

Tantrix Game Pack
Tantrix Game Pack
Offered by 24/7 DIRECT
Price: 21.74

5.0 out of 5 stars A wee gem, 24 May 2012
This review is from: Tantrix Game Pack (Toy)
Having played with a borrowed Tantrix set on 2 evenings a year apart, I decided I needed to get my own set.
I have only played the solo versions of the game.
But I think its far more fun than my Nintendo DS braintraining software - plus it has not batteries to run out.
The pieces are very tactile.

A lovely game

David, We're Pregnant!: What's So Funny About Having a Baby?
David, We're Pregnant!: What's So Funny About Having a Baby?
by Lynn Franks Johnston

4.0 out of 5 stars Strangely altered, 10 Jan 2012
My wife and I were given a copy of this book when she was pregnant back in 1988.
I loved it.

We bought this as a gift for a friend and while it is still good, I didn't like the fact that this edition was censored.
A couple of cartoons were missing from 'our' edition and the word 'b@sterd' replaced.

Strange

Flim-Flam: The Truth about Unicorns, Parapsychology and Other Delusions
Flim-Flam: The Truth about Unicorns, Parapsychology and Other Delusions
by James Randi

3.0 out of 5 stars Good despite the writing style, 10 Jan 2012
I liked the content of the book but did not like the style in which it was written.
Can't really explain why but the layout of the book and the general tone did not appeal to me.

shame as I really agreed with a lot of what Mr Randi was saying

Philips Nivea For Men Coolskin HS8440 Rechargeable Shaver With Precision Sideburns Trimmer

4.0 out of 5 stars Suits me, 10 Jan 2012
I bought this as the trimmer on my HS8440 (I think) got left in liquid for a long time, became rusty and unusable.
The cost of the replacement trimmer meant I decided to buy this.
Originally I bought the HS8420 but this did not have the trimmer so I returned it.

I like this style of shaver and really like the Nivea pump part of the shave.
Its a shame that Philips no longer make a shaver with the pump - I may be wrong here.

It gives me a good shave, the cream keeps my skin from drying out and my last one lasted from years before my stupidity ruined the trimmer.

I would have given this a 5 but for the following.
The case is soft and provides no protection for the shaver.
The cream is expensive - although I did get a voucher for some free cream.
Your shaved hairs either fall onto whatever surface you are shaving over or get stuck inside the shaver heads with the cream - clean it regularly

Good shaver