Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Content by Amazon Customer

Amazon Customer

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
Basic Romanian: Learn to Speak and Understand Romanian with Pimsleur Language Programs [With CD Case] (Simon & Schuster's Pimsleur)
by Pimsleur
Edition: Audio CD

4.0 out of 5 stars Good, 1 Sep 2014
Very easy to learn, it takes me 40 minutes to drive to work and each lesson is 30 minutes long.. ideal for listening to a lesson each day in the car. To my surprise I seem to be picking it up very well. What's ironic is that my Wife is Romanian and hasn't had alot of joy trying to teach me. However, she tells me that Pimsleur are teaching me the very polite way to say things, and that hardly nobody in Romania speaks that way, so my one critisism would be that they should be teaching the common way of asking/offering things. That said, I'm pretty much chuffed with the course.

The Military Religious Orders of the Middle Ages: The Hospitallers, The Templars, The Teutonic Knights and Others

5.0 out of 5 stars Truly fantastic, 29 Aug 2014
I love reading History, usually anything before the dreaded 1066. But I thought I would widen my horizons... I'm glad I did. A quite in depth book, that taught me alot. Like how the Hospitallers stopped the Muslim threat from invading Europe, and how Kings and the evil Pope, ridded the World of the Templars, just to get their hands on the Templars fortune. It seems human nature doesn't change much, in modern times we just shaft each other in more civilised ways. A great read.

The Reluctant Emperor: A Biography of John Cantacuzene, Byzantine Emperor and Monk, c.1295-1383
by Donald M. Nicol

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Man, 11 Aug 2014
Loved this book. Can't recommend it highly enough. A very perseptive Man. Stepped out of the limelight after holding the Empire together, but could see it was doomed. Anyone interested in history (not novels) should read this book.

Bang Tidy Clothing England St George Mens St George'S Day T Shirt Gift Idea L White
Offered by Bang Tidy Clothing Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it, 11 Aug 2014
Wear this t-shirt a lot. Excellent quality... cushty!

The English Resistance: The Underground War Against the Normans
The English Resistance: The Underground War Against the Normans
by Peter Rex

5.0 out of 5 stars Good book, well written and researched!, 11 Aug 2014
Great book, very interesting. Spend a bit long on Hereward and his so-called descendents? But on the whole I enjoyed it. And it really shows that it didn't all end with Hastings in 1066, and if things had gone a little differently then Anglo-Saxon England might have been won back.

Swein Forkbeard's Invasions and the Danish Conquest of England, 991-1017 (Warfare in History)
by Ian Howard

4.0 out of 5 stars Interesting, 11 Aug 2014
I enjoyed this book, though I thought it was a bit padded out to make the book a decent length... but it was interesting and really apart from this book, it's not easy to find information on Forkbeard.

Disney Cars 2 Lightning McQueen Mug
Disney Cars 2 Lightning McQueen Mug
Offered by filmsmk

5.0 out of 5 stars Good product, 11 Aug 2014
Good price, quality and quick delivery..... cushty...

The crucifixion, by an eye-witness; a letter, written seven years after the crucifixion

4.0 out of 5 stars Interesting, 11 Aug 2014
I enjoyed reading this book, found it interesting, though how much store can be put in anything that was written about Jesus's life is open to question and debate. I recommend that anyone interested in history or religion should read this.

Six Old English Chronicles, of Which Two are Now First Translated from the Monkish Latin Originals
by not known

3.0 out of 5 stars Hit and miss!, 11 Aug 2014
Liked it, in places. Hit and miss!

250g Organic Shea Butter Refined
250g Organic Shea Butter Refined
Offered by Naissance

5.0 out of 5 stars Good stuff, 11 Aug 2014
Good quality, good price, quick delivery, improved my sex life, say no more!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5