Profile for Ms. L. M. Penney > Reviews

Content by Ms. L. M. Penney

Ms. L. M. Penney "mlmp" (UK)

Page: 1 | 2
Trixie Rabbit Bed 35 x 28 cm
Trixie Rabbit Bed 35 x 28 cm

3.0 out of 5 stars I think another design I've had previously with a more open rectangle with low sides worked better - and lasted longer, 2 Dec 2014
Eaten & demolished within a day! It's made of foam so seemed to have the irresistible chew factor. Rabbit uses what's left of it as a loo tray - we line it with newspaper and she does use it - although not as a bed! I think another design I've had previously with a more open rectangle with low sides worked better - and lasted longer! We have a dwarf lop and she fills this bed just sitting up!

Weird But True Collector's Set: 900 Outrageous Facts
Weird But True Collector's Set: 900 Outrageous Facts
by National Geographic Kids

5.0 out of 5 stars 9 year old boy's delight, 31 Dec 2013
My 9 year old son loves these books - lots of facts presented in a bright colourful way - different fonts / font size etc to grab attention.
We have got book 2 - but he now wants more! He generally hates (is fearful of) reading fiction books so this is a fantastic way to encourage him to read and he feels very proud when he feels like he's educating adults about the facts he has read!

Hi-Tec Kids E.O.S. Sonic Si Jr Sports Football Studs
Hi-Tec Kids E.O.S. Sonic Si Jr Sports Football Studs
Price: £24.99 - £25.09

3.0 out of 5 stars Exceptionally comfortable - but keep an eye on the studs, 23 Sep 2013
My son tells me that these boots are really comfortable and easy to get on and off (he can't tie laces).
Unfortunately, we've had problems with the studs loosening several times - and have lost 2 in his last game.
They were tightened correctly, but I think that there may be a flaw with the screen threads or where they go into the boot.

So - these boots would have scored 5 stars - but the need to replace studs so quickly has dragged my score down for quality purposes.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect in every way!, 26 Dec 2012
Large enough for good storage. Strong zip. Perfect for a pony mad princess. Good quality and excellent design.
Holds bottles upright due to rounded shape :-) Ideal all round.

Playmobil 4161 Advent Calendar Christmas Post Office
Playmobil 4161 Advent Calendar Christmas Post Office
Offered by Domotec Home Appliances

5.0 out of 5 stars Playmobil beats Lego for Advent Calendars in 2012!, 26 Dec 2012
I bought this set for my 8 year old son - and the Lego Friends one for my 11 year old daughter.

This Playmobil set is their best yet! No more boxes to assemble (which meant I preferred Lego ones in the past) - plus the items in the set are substantial - and the very important sleigh was there too (unlike its Lego Friends equivalent with perfume bottles on Christmas Eve!!).

I should have stuck to 2 x Playmobil calendars. We use the pieces every year to grow the set - and it makes for a lovely treat each day to open and build the models.

Puzzler World 2011 (Nintendo DS)
Puzzler World 2011 (Nintendo DS)
Offered by LT Lighting

4.0 out of 5 stars Great - whether 9 or 69!, 6 Mar 2011
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
My daughter and I love this! We fight over who has the cartridge! I only dislike the one game where you have to colour the pixilations - otherwise - perfect!

Learning Resources Pretend and Play School Set UK
Learning Resources Pretend and Play School Set UK
Offered by Fun Learning

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for an imaginative child, 7 Oct 2010
My 9 year old daughter has had this set for 4 years. It is still in great condition. I baulked at the cost when I bought it, but it has given her hours of amusement - playing schools with her dolls. There are refill sets available but I am having trouble locating these in the UK.

Overall, I think if you have an imaginative child who can use things to create their own games, this is good value if you see it as more than a-play-with-a-few-times type toy!

Art of the New Naturalists: A Complete History
Art of the New Naturalists: A Complete History
by Peter Marren

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved it!, 13 Aug 2010
Gorgeous photos of the New Naturalist dust jackets and a lovely short, clear explanation of their origin / Artist etc. A interesting book - not just for the coffee table!

Zapf Creation Little Sunshine Doll
Zapf Creation Little Sunshine Doll

5.0 out of 5 stars Technology is amazing! An English speaking doll (accent) that sings in tune!, 27 Mar 2010
I was sceptical about this doll. My daughter had been begging for it for ages and after many months of saving up - at last had enough cash! Amazingly - its set up is without hassle - it sings in tune and speaks with a plain English accent - no americanisms (apologies to our US friends). Good value. Pretty-faced doll and hair that (so far) - does not seem to tangle. The counting song would be great for teaching younger children the numbers 1 - 10. Could do with an alphabet song. Alarm clock a little complicated to set - but otherwise ok.

The Orchard Book of Greek Myths
The Orchard Book of Greek Myths
by Geraldine Mccaughrean

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic - thebest book of Greek Myths for the 7-12 yr old age group, 27 Mar 2010
My 8 year old daughter loves this book - although Pandora's box is giving her a few nightmares. We love the illustrations and the language used for retelling the stories is great for reading aloud - or for her to read to herself. Great value and highly enjoyable. She has now asked for the other books in the set .... Roman Myths etc. We have already started the Aesops Fable one ... a lovely series.

Page: 1 | 2