Profile for Mrs. B. Jones > Reviews

Content by Mrs. B. Jones

Mrs. B. Jones "desperate" (UK)

Square Non slip Deluxe Bath / Shower Mat, Durable PVC, Bubble Effect Anti Slip, 43cm x 43cm, Clear
Offered by AHOC Orders Dispatched Within 24 Hrs

5.0 out of 5 stars Easily wiped clean, 24 Nov 2014
Just what i wanted. Quick delivery. Exactly as described. Does not get black spots on the underside. Easily wiped clean.

Sabichi Lemongrass Shopping Trolley
Sabichi Lemongrass Shopping Trolley

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb trolley Has been much admired and is strong and ..., 24 Nov 2014
Superb trolley Has been much admired and is strong and capacious.

Apple USB Charger Cable for iPhone 4/4S/iPod/iPad
Apple USB Charger Cable for iPhone 4/4S/iPod/iPad
Offered by TechSavers Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent. I have now ordered two more, 24 Nov 2014
Excellent. I have now ordered two more.

Russell Hobbs 13361 Glass 4 Slice Toaster with long slots, variable browning and frozen, cancel and reheat functions

2.0 out of 5 stars Broke after just 2 years, 1 Mar 2010
I bought one of these toasters for my daughter. It looked stylish and (I thought) was a good reliable brand. After just two years she put bread in, switched it on, and it tripped the electrics, turning everything off. On examination the metal part of the toast holder on one side had broken off at one end. Electrical shops have said it is not repairable. Really disapponting because this was an expensive present. Now I feel I must replace it for her because it is out of warranty. What a disappointment.

BT Studio 3100 Trio DECT
BT Studio 3100 Trio DECT

2.0 out of 5 stars No good for older people with less than good eyesight, 27 July 2009
I bought this set of 3 DEC phones about two years ago and while they have worked OK, I find the display almost impossible to read. I am 75 and my eyesight is still up to the standard of the Driving Test. My mobile has an excellent display. The display on this phone is a series of dots. I am going to replace them. Admittedly they were reasonably priced.

Antony Worrall Thompson's GI Diet
Antony Worrall Thompson's GI Diet
by Antony Worrall Thompson

4.0 out of 5 stars At last!, 21 April 2006
Having been on unsuccessful diets all my life (I am in my 70s), I couldn't believe it when I lost 9 lbs in the first three weeks. Wonderful recipes, especially soups and fish dishes. All are delicious and fulfilling.

A simple explanation of the science of the GI system is given at the beginning of the book. His recipes use lots of fresh herbs and he is not above using the odd tin of beans.

I never feel hungry, I can now do up the waist of my skirts and trousers. It is now the ONLY cook book I use. It works (and I am a difficult customer!)