Profile for Mr Pinky > Reviews

Content by Mr Pinky

Mr Pinky "bookshelf"

Page: 1 | 2
New Moon: 2 (Twilight Saga)
New Moon: 2 (Twilight Saga)
by Stephenie Meyer
Price: 6.95

4.0 out of 5 stars Not quite as good as Twilight, but still very good., 12 Oct 2008
After reading Twilight, I found myself completely obsessed with Edward, so when I heard that Edward wasn't in New Moon much, I was quite upset. But I read New Moon anyway, unable to resist, and actually found myself really enjoying it, even though Edward was missing from its pages. I liked getting to know and like Bella more, and was especially fond of Jacob, who is really sweet, warm and likable. I also discovered that it cured my "Edward bug" considerably, which I was glad of (though of course I still love him). I was very happy that I read it.

Twilight: Twilight, Book 1 (Twilight Saga)
Twilight: Twilight, Book 1 (Twilight Saga)
by Stephenie Meyer
Price: 6.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing!, 12 Oct 2008
I have never been as obsessed with a book as I was with Twilight. I thought about it constantly when I wasn't reading it, and lost a lot of sleep over it too! It was quite an unhealthy obsession... Of course the main reason for loving Twilight is obviously Edward... Who doesn't love him?! But it's also just such a charming, exciting story, which I was hooked on within the first twenty pages.

Howl's Moving Castle
Howl's Moving Castle
by Diana Wynne Jones

5.0 out of 5 stars A Brilliant Book, 3 Oct 2007
This review is from: Howl's Moving Castle (Paperback)
19 year old Sophie Hatter is turned into a 90 year old woman by the wicked Witch Of The Waste. Running away from home, she seeks refuge in the castle that travels around the hillside, owned by the notorius Wizard Howl. In it she finds Michael, the wizard's young apprentice, Calcifer, the fire demon who is bound to Howl by a contract, and, of course, Howl, who isn't quite what he seems...

Howl's Moving Castle is told in Diana Wynne Jones laid back style, and is full of intrigue- you're always waiting to see what happens next. With brilliant, lovable characters, and a great story line, it's another of her great books.

The Tenth Power (Chanters of Tremaris)
The Tenth Power (Chanters of Tremaris)
by Kate Constable
Price: 11.33

5.0 out of 5 stars The Tenth Power, 28 May 2007
Just like I said in my review for The Singer Of All Songs, this is a really beautifully written book; you can really feel and see Tremaris. I couldn't stop thinking about this book, and even dreamt about it! I couldn't put it down, and yet I didn't want to read it because I didn't want to finish the trilogy. I got a little put off between the middle and the end, but the second last chapter was some of the best writing I've ever read, it's really beautiful (there's that word again!) and you could really feel the atmosphere. The ending is excellently written, and let you walk away from the story. You know when you get to the end of a brilliant series of books, but the ending just doesn't live up to the rest of the story, and you feel as if you've been cheated of a decently written ending? This doesn't happen at all, which is a REAL relief.

The Singer of All Songs (Chanters of Tremaris)
The Singer of All Songs (Chanters of Tremaris)
by Kate Constable

5.0 out of 5 stars The Singer Of All Songs, 28 May 2007
This is a beautifully written book; you can really see the world of Tremaris in front of you. It's exciting and really keeps you reading to find out what happens, espicially between the two main characters, who really come alive. It's a really good adventure, which you really should read.

Lady Friday (The Keys to the Kingdom, Book 5)
Lady Friday (The Keys to the Kingdom, Book 5)
by Garth Nix
Price: 5.42

3.0 out of 5 stars Lady Friday, 24 Mar 2007
After reading the other four books in The Keys To The Kingdom, I've been waiting eagerly for Friday. I thought Monday was good, but Wednesday and Thursday are definitely my favourites. Lady Friday is like Grim Tuesday; I felt as if I was waiting for the story to get going the whole way through.

Another thing I didn't quite like about the book is that Arthur has changed into Lord Arthur, and so has lost his childish innocence which made him such a nice character. I'll just have to wait till next year to see if Garth Nix can do any better in Superior Saturday.

The Ragwitch
The Ragwitch
by Garth Nix
Price: 5.25

4.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyable, 3 Jan 2007
This review is from: The Ragwitch (Paperback)
As with most of Garth Nix's novels, the Ragwitch has a slow beginning, and, as with Mister Monday, the first in Nix's Keys To The Kingdom Series, I feel that at the beginning, the main character seems quite gormless. Stick with it though as it soon progresses into a fine story. It may not be up to Garth Nix's usual standard, but it's close enough to be a pretty good book. It's a fine adventure and an enjoyable read.

Blind Beauty (Point)
Blind Beauty (Point)
by K M Peyton

5.0 out of 5 stars Blind Beauty, 29 Oct 2006
This review is from: Blind Beauty (Point) (Paperback)
To keeps things simple... THIS IS AN AMAZING BOOK!

I found myself hooked to this book like chewing gum to your shoe. It's a must have for horse lovers, but even if you're not horsey, and want to try something a bit different, read this! But it's not just horsey, it's got lots of things in it to keep you reading. I've read it twice and was as hooked the second time as the first.

Song Quest
Song Quest
by Katherine Roberts

5.0 out of 5 stars Song Quest: My Favourite Book, 21 Oct 2006
This review is from: Song Quest (Paperback)
I never knew what my favourite book was, or thought that I ever would until I read Song Quest. It is just superb. I just could not put it down, and , if I did, I just couldn't stop thinking about it! The way that she has two main characters, and kind of "sub-main characters" is ace! When I read it, I forgot about the real world as if I was being sung Challa! READ IT!

Crystal Mask (The Echorium Sequence) (Winner of the Branford Boase Award)
Crystal Mask (The Echorium Sequence) (Winner of the Branford Boase Award)
by Katherine Roberts
Price: 5.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!, 21 Oct 2006
The Crystal Mask is a brilliant sequel to Song Quest. The way Katherine Roberts uses some of the characters from Song Quest is great as not many writers do it,the way she makes it just so gripping is amazing, and the way she has two stories going on at the same time with two main characters is superb.

Page: 1 | 2