Profile for Corinne > Reviews

You're the One That I Want
You're the One That I Want
Price: 1.99

5.0 out of 5 stars A lovely story, 2 July 2014
A lovely story, with plenty of twists and turns. I couldn't put this down and I enjoyed the different perspectives shown in the story.

I can't wait to read more!

Billy and Me
Billy and Me
Price: 3.66

4.0 out of 5 stars Couldn't put it down, 2 July 2014
This review is from: Billy and Me (Kindle Edition)
I was really excited to read this book, I mean who doesn't like to imagine what their life would be like if they were romantically involved with a celebrity.

Once I received the book, I couldn't put it down and was reluctant to tear my eyes away from the page.

Overall, I enjoyed the story, but I feel as though there is a lot that could still happen and that the door has been left open for a sequel.

Thirteen Weddings
Thirteen Weddings
Price: 0.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Hooked From The Start, 23 May 2014
This review is from: Thirteen Weddings (Kindle Edition)
When I heard about the plot, I have to admit that I was quite excited about it, as I felt that it was an interesting concept and I was not disappointed.

The character of Bronte was well developed, as were all of the characters and I felt like I could relate to her. It was nice to see Bridget again and to hear updates from other characters as well.

The story had me hooked from the start and I couldn't put it down, I was hooked from the first page and I thoroughly enjoyed the novel. I would strongly recommend it to other fans of Paige Toon and to other chick-lit fans, you won't be disappointed with the book.

Avril Lavigne
Avril Lavigne
Offered by Sent2u
Price: 9.75

5.0 out of 5 stars Still Going Strong After 10 Years, 25 Dec 2013
This review is from: Avril Lavigne (Audio CD)
Having anticipated this album since Here's To Never Growing Up was released, I'll have to admit that I thought that this album was only going to contain very energetic and purely pop songs, as the first two singles were very similar.

1.Rock N Roll 8/10- It took quite a few listens for me to really get into it, but after giving it a try, I feel like it serves as a great opening track to the album.
2. Here's To Never Growing Up 8/10 - A very high-energy track that will have everyone singing along with the chorus. For me it serves as the 'Accept me for who I am or get lost' anthem for this album
3. 17 10/10 - This serves as reminiscing love song on the album. This song isn't the typical love song, as it isn't full of emotion, but almost an element of thanks given by Avril for what seems to have been one of the best years of her life.
4. Bitchin' Summer 9/10: Despite the theme and lyrics of the song, this song seems to have "summer anthem" written all over it, I enjoyed the rap Avril does as part of the lead up to the final chorus. This song, if promoted right, could potentially be a great single.
5. Let Me Go 10/10 - I was a bit concerned when I heard that Chad and Avril were recording a duet for her album, as I thought it was going to be a very over-emotional, soppy love song, but I couldn't have been more wrong. This is one of my personal favourites from the album and the balance of perspectives presented in the song couldn't have been more perfectly.
6. Give You What You Like 10/10 - This is a stand out track for me, as it shows a different side of Avril that hasn't been shown in her previous albums. I wouldn't be surprised if it was chosen to be released as the fourth single.
7. Bad Girl 8/10 - This also shows a different side of Avril, with a heavier sound than the rest of the album. Rather than being out of place on the album, this song completes the album, as it shows that Avril can still bring out the unexpected after ten years. For me, the inclusion of Marilyn Manson completes the song.
8. Hello Kitty 9/10 - This song shows another genre that Avril could experiment with in the future. This song is very catchy, due to the electronic sound, rather than a purely pop song and I expect it would do very well if it was released as a single.
9. You Ain't Seen Nothin' Yet 7/10 - A very repetitive song that could easily end up being stuck in your head. I think it's a great song, but not one of the strongest on the album.
10. Sippin' On Sunshine 7/10 - Again, a very repetitive song that could easily end up being stuck in your head. It's a perfect song to play while the summer sun is shining, but still not one of the strongest songs on the album.
11. Hello Heartache 10/10 - A great song that reminds me of Avril's older albums. She expresses the painful loss of someone close to her, but reaffirms that they will always mean something to her, something that everyone could relate to.
12. Falling Fast 9/10 - A song about deeply falling for someone that you think is oh so right. Another song that everyone could also relate to. It is one of the songs that instead of being in-your-face, grabs your attention with purely the words of the song.
13. Hush Hush 10/10 - This song acts as a fantastic closing ballad to the song. With the soft piano during the verses and the drums during the chorus, it puts more emphasis on the different meanings on the song. It is definetly one of my favourite songs on the album.

Overall, if this album was promoted better and there were better single choices, this album would've been received better and would have charted better. I think it's such a shame that this album hasn't done better, as it is a fantastic album filled with variety and I would recommend it to anyone who I think would enjoy the album.

PRISM [Bonus Tracks]
PRISM [Bonus Tracks]
Offered by Star Deals De
Price: 11.50

5.0 out of 5 stars Her Best Album Yet, 13 Nov 2013
This review is from: PRISM [Bonus Tracks] (Audio CD)
I've been a fan of Katy Perry since her first single "I Kissed A Girl" and having purchased, and loved, both "One of the Boys" and "Teenage Dream", I had high expectations and I was not let down.

I was aware of the fact that Katy's third album was not going to be a "Teenage Dream 2.0", and I listened to the album while it was streaming on her website and my first impression was that it was her strongest album yet.

With multiple songs with lyrics that will be implanted on your brain and will have you subconsciously singing along.

My personal favourite tracks are:
Legendary Lovers
Birthday
Unconditionally
This Is How We Do
Ghost
By The Grace of God

I would strongly recommend this album, this is her best work yet and she hasn't let me down.