Profile for annep > Reviews

Content by annep

annep

Page: 1 | 2
3x Heavy Duty Teflon Non Stick Oven Liners 40cm x 50cm PERFECT FOR FAN ASSISTED OVENS
Offered by Trading Reliably

3.0 out of 5 stars So So?, 28 July 2014
The liners have just arrived which was quite quick, but I am disappointed with the packaging. They were folded in half, and then in half again leaving a very thick corner fold, that when opened is right in the centre of each sheet with 2 tiny holes right in the centre of each sheet. The packaging is just a small plastic bag in which they are sent with no protection around the sheets - they are not even in their own plastic bag inside. There is an A4 typed sheet which doesn't really tell you anything more than the advert on Amazon.
They do seem thicker than other sheets I have purchased so time will tell if they work better - but they have to be better than nothing at all - my husband is the cook in our family and is very messy with it - I have no idea how he manages to get the oven so dirty - I have to clean it!

TrueCut Rotary Blade Sharpener-
TrueCut Rotary Blade Sharpener-
Offered by The Quilted Bear Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, 5 Nov 2013
Took a while to arrive, but was well packed and it works a dream. It comes with full instructions, but there is also a You-tube video if you need it. There are instructions to alter the angle if you need to, but I just tried it out on my Olfa 45mm first and I didn't need to make any alteration at all. I only did 10 swipes on each side as my blade is not too old, but it made a great difference. Would thoroughly recommend it.

Overlock Overcast Foot by 60°®
Overlock Overcast Foot by 60°®
Offered by c9store

5.0 out of 5 stars Fits Elna Diva, 30 Oct 2013
I am really happy with this foot. I have an Elna Diva from the 1990's and was wondering how difficult it would be to find feet to fit - a dealer told me that the feet to fit it were difficult to get hold of (and hence expensive!). Anyway I thought I'd give c9store feet a go, and am I glad I did. There are very reasonably priced, good quality and best of all fit my Diva - I tried it out as soon as it arrived and it works brilliantly. I will definitely be buying more from c9store.

Snap on 1-4 (Quarter Inch) Quilting /Patchwork Foot with Edge Guide for low shank domestic sewing machine by 60°®
Offered by c9store

5.0 out of 5 stars Fits Elna Diva, 25 Oct 2013
I was looking for a source of new feet for my Elna Diva bought in 1992 as I have just taken up patchwork and quilting, so thought I would give this a try - and it works. The shank on the Diva is not removeable so I did not have the option of trying the screw on feet or of buying a new shank to fit matching feet to. I do have to move the needle one step to the right to get the quarter inch seam, but that is because my needle bar seems to be slightly off centre - but as long as it works I'm happy.

I have since bought the overcasting foot from C9Store, and that works as well, though a little narrow on the feed dogs, and width of opening for the zig zag, so cannot use the widest setting on stitches.

Came with lots of instructions for using though these seemed to be copied from a sewing machine manual, so mention of specific stitch numbers does not match up with my machine.

Will be buying more feet in the future.

Sewing for a Royal Baby: 22 Heirloom Patterns for Your Little Prince or Princess
by Sew Beautiful Contributors

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed, 9 Sep 2013
Having just received my copy of Sewing for a Royal Baby from Amazon here in UK (after ordering it in June) I was rather surprised and disappointed to find the inaccuracies on the descriptions of the Royal photos displayed.

On page 9 it states that it is a photo containing the prince, his mother Princess Elizabeth, his father the Duke of Edinburgh and his grandmother Queen Elizabeth

In fact it is the prince, his mother Princess Elizabeth, his grandfather King George VI (Princess Elizabeth's father) and his great grandmother, Queen Mary - also known as Princess Mary of Teck [...] - (the mother of King George VI)

Looking at the photo supposedly of Princess Elizabeth and Princess Margaret on page 27 I'm really not sure it is them. It looks nothing like them to me, and I am an avid British royalist. Lots of young girls at this time were dressed and hair done as the young princesses and photographed for a special occasion.

Even the one of Prince William on page 57 doesn't look like him.

Whilst the photos are nice, I don't like the style the book is written in and the diagrams are way too small. The descriptions of how to make the items are very wordy and you could easily lose your place in looking between garments and the instructions.

There is a CD included, but I haven't opened that as I decided to send the book back.

Given the inaccuracies in the photos it also sets me wondering what else may be inaccurate in the book. I'm afraid this is one book I wouldn't use so it is being sent back to Amazon.

How to Create an Heirloom Quilt: Learn Over 30 Machine Techniques to Build a Beautiful Quilt
by Pauline Ineson

5.0 out of 5 stars Also for non-quilt makers!, 29 May 2013
I don't make quilts - and I didn't buy this book to do that. I bought it because it has so many of the Heirloom sewing techniques explained. I am interested in learning and using Heirloom sewing to make things like Christening dresses, Bridal hankies, Bed pillows, cases and covers (not quilts), table runners, mats etc.

This gives you a structure to try out all the different techniques including small projects to make, not just quilts. I intend to make the squares into a reference book for future projects - but you never know I just might be tempted into making a quilt it looks so lovely.

If you want another book on Heirloom techniques then Fine Machine Sewing by Carol Ahles is also really good. http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/1561585866/ref=oh_details_o01_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Serger Basics
Serger Basics
Dvd ~ Marta Alto; Pati Palmer
Offered by Wordery

5.0 out of 5 stars Just Brilliant!, 29 May 2013
This review is from: Serger Basics (DVD)
I have been sewing for over 50 years but only recently bought an overlocker and this DVD is just brilliant. It's a bit dated in the presentation style, though they have added an update section to begin with, but there is nothing dated about the techniques they show - I also have the book which is great plus a couple of other serger/overlocker books and this DVD and book are far and away more straight forward and to the point with their instructions. You get a lot of instruction for the money! Buy it if you are new to overlockers/sergers - you won't regret it.

Needle threader
Needle threader

5.0 out of 5 stars Just Brilliant, 18 Feb 2013
This review is from: Needle threader (Electronics)
This product arrived very quickly and not over packaged. It took me 2 minutes to work out how to use it with the enclosed instructions and it works perfectly - I tried it on all sizes of machine needles, both on my Elna Diva and old Singer 27 with no issues. I then tried it on a Sharp type hand sewing needle that has really small eyes and again it worked fine - this is a bit fiddly since you don't have the groove in the needle to help but would be easier if you had something to hold the needle - just thought you could maybe put it in your machine needle holder upside down to thread - if you had it handy!

The price was the cheapest I could find on Amazon as I can't find it in my local sewing shop - couldn't find it at all on ebay and I must say I think the price is worth it as it is very well made - doesn't feel like it will fall apart any second!

I will probably buy a couple more - one to keep with each machine and another to use for hand sewing. - I thoroughly recommend them.

TeckNet® NEW Kindle 4 Premium Folio Case / Cover With Magnetic Clasp For NEW Amazon Kindle 4 / 6 inch / 2011 generation / Book Style - Includes Kindle Rear Protector - Purple
Offered by TECKNET

5.0 out of 5 stars Price and colour perfect, 9 Jun 2012
This cover does everything I want it to - protects the Kindle, gives it a good look, with a great colour purple(same as my phone cover!). All the buttons are accessible and I have no issues using any of them. I bought a clip on light on Amazon too to use, and this clips onto the case, with it going between the case and the Kindle. Now I can read at night without disturbing my husband.

The quality is excellent, and worth every penny - much better value for money that the 'real thing'.

Only downside is that it comes with a rear protector - which I will never use - I would much rather have a screen protector so that it doesn't get scratched. That said, you will not be disappointed with the quality of this cover.

KC-Electronics HTC Wildfire S PREMIUM PU Black Leather Flip Case + Black High Capacitive Stylus Pen + X3 LCD Screen Protector Guard + Black Portable Capsule Speaker

5.0 out of 5 stars Really works, 28 Jan 2012
I ordered the purple version for me as well as this black one for my husband. I wasn't sure which case to order there are so many on Amazon, but decided to go for one a bit more than the cheapest. Glad I did - it fits the Wildfire S perfectly with all the cutouts in the right place allowing recharging and the ability to take photos without removing the case. The screen protector is fine as long as you take time to apply it and press out all the bubbles to the edges. My husband is thrilled with it as he can now carry his phone in his pocket with his keys and change without fear of damaging it!.

Page: 1 | 2