Profile for C. Stigter > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2
Lamaze Contrast Panda Rattle
Lamaze Contrast Panda Rattle

2.0 out of 5 stars Cute rattle but has its flaws, 6 July 2011
I bought this because one of my twins has impaired vision and I thought this would help her develop her eyesight due to the high contrast.

The good things about this rattle is that its cute to look at. Both babies reach for it if waved under their faces; but its not a special toy to either one. Its padded so that if one of the twins becomes overenthusiastic waving it about and hits herself in the face she doesn't hurt herself.

Now for the bad, I'd completely forgotten this toy was a rattle, the rattle is that quiet. Also as mentioned in other reviews, the rattle get dirty very easily, which is a nightmare for a black and white colour combo rattle and can look very untidy quickly.

All in all, its a little disappointing for a Lamaze product as they tend to be quite good for babies.

The Painted Man
The Painted Man

4.0 out of 5 stars A well written debut, 2 Jun 2011
This review is from: The Painted Man (Kindle Edition)
I enjoyed reading this book, and its rare to find a good writer especially on a debut novel. The world in which Peter V. Brett has created is a somewhat harsh world with many challenges for the book's main characters to overcome.

There are three main characters, firstly Arlen, a farmboy with a skill for warding off demons (an essential skill for survival in the world). Leesha is the second main character, a village girl whose story charts her way to becoming a skilled healer despite an abusive mother/overpowering fiancee. Finally the story of Rojer and his alcoholic mentor finishes off the trio.

Whilst the story is enjoyable to read, the skipping of sizeable chunks of the characters lives and only being able to read what the author considered "notable events", made me feel as if we only ever saw the characters in their worst times which lessened the impact of the many unhappy situations the characters found themselves in.

Otherwise I'd consider the book a good read.

Towers Of Midnight: Book 13 of the Wheel of Time
Towers Of Midnight: Book 13 of the Wheel of Time
by Robert Jordan

4.0 out of 5 stars Continuation of the Wheel of Time, 31 May 2011
I've been a long standing fan of the Wheel of Time, and I was very disheartened to hear of Robert Jordan's death. However I do feel that Brian Sanderson is doing a good job finishing off the series.

This book is definitely gearing up for Tarmon Gai'don, the last battle and armies are being maneuvered into position. Several mysteries are resolved in this book, however the fate of Rand and his friends is still to be decided in the last book, A Memory of Light.

I personally enjoyed the book, it felt as if some very important events happened. The book focuses a lot on Perin & Mat. The story also involved multiple reunions which were long outstanding. However, the lack of a certain male AWOL Forsaken in the book feels like a missed opportunity for him to shine.

The book isn't as great as some of the more epic books in the series but by no means is it near the worst. I very much enjoyed reading it.

TeckNet® New iPad 4, iPad 3 Premium Folio Case / Cover and Flip Stand & Magnetic Auto-Sleep Included Screen Protector and stylus pen - Black
Offered by TECKNET

5.0 out of 5 stars Outstanding Ipad 2 case, 31 May 2011
I've been using this case for my iPad 2 for over a month now and I'm quite impressed with it. At first I purchased it as a cheap cover and intended to replace it once I found one more suitable but I'm very happy with this case and see no need to replace it.

I like that it protects both the front and back of my iPad unlike the Apple "smart cases", its a good weight and doesn't add too much bulk. I carry my iPad around with me in this case most days with no problems.

Can very much recommend this case.

Lord Of Chaos: Book 6 of the Wheel of Time
Lord Of Chaos: Book 6 of the Wheel of Time

4.0 out of 5 stars One of the best books in the series, 31 May 2011
I am in the middle of converting my book library to Kindle format, and whilst reading through the Wheel of Time series again I purchased this edition.

The story has moved on from the events in the Fires of Heaven, Rand is courted by both the rebel Aes Sedai and the White Tower. Perin is a returning viewpoint in this book, and feels the pull of ta'veren upon ta'veren and heads to Caemlyn to join Rand. Rand sends Mat to protect Elayne and take her back to Caemlyn.

There is significant character development from Egwene, Nynaeve and Elayne. The latter two who undertake a mission to Ebou Dar on a mission.

Its a very enjoyable read and advances the plot further with new viewpoints in the book. Very much recommended.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Good value, 31 May 2011
We've been using Avent bottles since our twins were born, the girls are now 5 months and are still comfortably using size 2 teats. We did try to switch to medium flow teats but both girls are greedy & get very messy in the process.

However when we used the Aptamil Comfort milk and Hungry milk, the medium flow teat helped offset the thickness of the formula. Additionally when we've dream fed the babies, they've fed successfully with no messiness on the medium flow teats, unlike when they're awake!

Cloud B Sleep Sheep On The Go
Cloud B Sleep Sheep On The Go

3.0 out of 5 stars Very soothing but not for all babies, 31 May 2011
We have tried using this toy to help our children to go to sleep but they've not associated it with sleep just yet. So definitely not a magical "go to sleep" aid as the other reviews have luckily found.

Out of the four sounds, the Ocean waves are the most soothing and makes me personally want to drift off into slumber. I like that you can control the time the music is played for. However I have a M&P cotbed, and the bars are too wide for the velcro to fasten the sheep to the cot.

Still I'm hoping that when I start sleep training with the twins it will be more useful then.

Canon LEGRIA HF R106 High Definition Digital Camcorder - Silver (20 X Optical Zoom, 2.7 Inch Widescreen Colour LCD)

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice little camera, 31 May 2011
I've found this camera quite easy to use, it fits firmly into my hand and its been a quick process to grab the camera and record something cute one of the babies have been doing which is exactly what I want.

As for the quality of the movies, they're clear and sound is well presented, I've been pleased with the purchase.

Philips AVENT SCF683/37 Classic Feeding Bottles (Slow Flow - 260 ml - 3-Pack)
Philips AVENT SCF683/37 Classic Feeding Bottles (Slow Flow - 260 ml - 3-Pack)
Offered by easi2shop

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent bottles, 31 May 2011
I have been using Avent bottles since my twins were little, and bought this pack multiple times to stock up on bottles. They're easy to clean and sterilise especially with having the wide neck.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Good quality Muslin, 31 May 2011
I've been using these muslin cloths for the past five months now with my twins. They're soft, have washed well and are good quality for the price. I use them as dribble sheets for my twins however one of my little angels seems to love messing up the muslin so she can smoosh her face a little in it, she finds it very comforting.

Page: 1 | 2