Profile for dotty > Reviews

dotty "dots" (UK)

Beurer IL21 150W Powerful Infrared Lamp
Beurer IL21 150W Powerful Infrared Lamp

4.0 out of 5 stars warms tense muscles, 20 Feb. 2013
I started using this lamp this week for my back muscles which have gone into spasm. The lamp heat feels very nice and soothing but only time will tell whether my symptoms improve. There is one draw back. Whilst it is burning it smells of burning oil/plastic - I find the smell nauseating. I still use it as I am desperate for my muscles to relax.

Magimix 18227 Le Mini Plus Food Processor, 1.7 Litre, Chrome
Magimix 18227 Le Mini Plus Food Processor, 1.7 Litre, Chrome

4.0 out of 5 stars poor instruction manual, 20 Oct. 2012
This is my first food processor and I bought it after reading which review. I found the instruction manual not up to standard. In the manual it is shown that there are two discs which come with the machine , but in fact there is only one reversible disc which comes with the machine. It does not tell you anywhere where the spindle which supports the disc is kept. After fidgeting around for hours I was able to remove the 'c ' shaped plastic ( the size of a lentil) from the whisk in order to free what looks like the disc support. One would have to be very careful one does not lose the 'lentil'which is easily done. I am struggling to see how I can fit the small bowl and blade as the Instructions are not very clear. I tried Magimix website which has no further information than what I am already given. If some one wants to give me further instructions I would be grateful. As far as the product is concerned it looks good and I have used the machine with the big bowl which was fine. If any other users who figured out how to operate this machine please tell me.

I managed to speak to someone from Magimix and they sent me one of the parts which was missing. Now I am able to use this machine without any problems. In fact I use it daily for chopping and mixing. No problems so far. Happy with the buy.

Joseph Joseph Cut and Carve Plus Chopping Board, Small - Black
Joseph Joseph Cut and Carve Plus Chopping Board, Small - Black

4.0 out of 5 stars stylish, 19 May 2012
This is a very good design but I was surprised that the knife cut marks are retained on the surface of the chopping board. Some how I thought that the material would be like glass and would not mark

Swordfish 700DC 7 Sheet 'Diamond Cut' Paper/Document Shredder ref: 45008
Swordfish 700DC 7 Sheet 'Diamond Cut' Paper/Document Shredder ref: 45008

2.0 out of 5 stars useless, 9 Aug. 2010
I dont rate this shredder very highly. It does not shred 7 sheets of papers as its maximum limit more like three. Also after shredding about ten sheets of papers it over heats and stops.
I think it is OK if you need to shred one or two sheets of paper at a time. However if you need to shred more it is frustrating.

Ultimate Oil Blend UDO's Choice - Pack of 90 Capsules
Ultimate Oil Blend UDO's Choice - Pack of 90 Capsules
Offered by Nature's Remedies

2.0 out of 5 stars what are the ingredients?, 30 July 2009
I would love to know what the ingredients are. Whether the capsules are gelatine based or not. What oils are in the capsules. Very little product information is given. About 7 years ago I took UDO's oil and it was really good although it tasted foul to me hence I stopped taking it. I would like to try the capsules if I know what is in them so common tell us more!
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 2, 2010 8:59 PM GMT