Profile for Carol 'avid little bookworm' > Reviews

Content by Carol 'avid li...

Carol 'avid little bookworm' (LEEDS, Yorkshire, United Kingdom)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-16
Gypsy Dance
Gypsy Dance

5.0 out of 5 stars FABULOUS, 5 Sept. 2014
This review is from: Gypsy Dance (MP3 Download)
Fabulous, such a talented man, I love the violin but when it's played well it can make me cry as it unleashes so many emotions. This is so upbeat, it gives me goosebumps but makes me smile rather than cry! Absolutely love it.

Last Day Of Our Acquaintance
Last Day Of Our Acquaintance

5.0 out of 5 stars many years ago but just had to purchase this digital edition for easy listening with the rest of my music, 5 Sept. 2014
Gorgeous, haunting, completely Sinead O'Connor. I have the CD I do not want what I haven't got from many, many years ago but just had to purchase this digital edition for easy listening with the rest of my music. Will always love this song.

I Married a Billionaire (Contemporary Romance)
I Married a Billionaire (Contemporary Romance)

4.0 out of 5 stars SHORT EASY READ, 5 Sept. 2014
This is a short read, I'd finished it within three to four hours in two easy sessions. Very predictiable, no surprises and felt rushed in places but on the whole I did enjoy it. Book one of three books in the I married a billionaire series by Melanie Marchande and if I'd bought the box set I would certainly go onto read the second book, but don't think I'd be tempted to buy now as this book seemed to be over and done with before I had time to blink! Mixed views on the love scenes, began rather nice but personally not into anything kinky so got a bit boring at the end for me.

The Billionaire Wins the Game (Billionaire Bachelors - Book 1)
The Billionaire Wins the Game (Billionaire Bachelors - Book 1)

4.0 out of 5 stars ENJOYED, 14 Aug. 2014
A nice easy read, I'd finished this book in a couple of days and enjoyed every minute. In January 2012 I read my first Melody Anne novel and although I really thought the storyline had substance the errors and grammar put me off and I only gave a two star review. After enjoying this so much I intend to go back and re-read this as I believe it has been updated and Melody Anne's writing style so much improved. This I'd like to commend her on.

There's a really good synopsis of the book so don't think I can add anything further to that without giving too much away. This book is pure escapism and of course so not true to life, but isn't that why we enjoy them sometimes. Katherine and Joseph Anderson were lovely, Tom had me laughing at times and wishing I had a friend just like him for his happy go lucky character and his loyalty. Lucas was arrogant, but as the story developed you began to realise why and I grew to like him. Amy was vulnerable, hard-working and honourable all rolled into one. I liked her but at times she put her life and that of her unborn baby in danger which contradicted everything about her.

LE 12V Flexible RGB LED Strip Light Kit, LED Tape, Multi-coloured, 150 Units 5050 LEDs, Non-waterproof, Adhesive Light Strips, Pack of 5M
Offered by Neon Mart

5.0 out of 5 stars EXCELLENT PRODUCT, EXCELLENT PRICE, 23 Sept. 2013
I was gifted this product by the manufacturers in return for a completely unbiased opinion. Unfortunately I did not keep hold of them for long once my son saw them. However, they are so impressive and I do have a use for them so I will be purchasing at least one set for myself. The following is my son's review:

Brilliant product, did exactly what I wanted it to do. No longer than 20 minutes of being out of the packaging and my room was transformed! With various colour options which can be changed easily with a remote control provided that can make the colours flash and fade to whatever speed or brightness you desire. Also being able to control the brightness is very handy whether you are reading (the lights are powerful enough to illuminate your room without straining your eyes) or relaxing and want a faint effect.

Setting up the lights was very simple with the instructions provided. The only tools you need are a pair of scissors. Just plug the lights into the transformer then cut the desired amount of lights needed from the reel then peel the plastic from the back off the lights and stick the self adhesive rear to your surface, voila a master peace!

The only negative with this product was the lack of instructions for the remote control using the DIY functions, but this is a small negative as I'm sure with some playing around I will master it. Don't let this put you off though as the other basic functions of the remote as mentioned earlier are easy to use.

Overall good product and definitely worth the price. Recommended to anyone wanting to add that finishing touch to a room be it big or small.

Hero
Hero

5.0 out of 5 stars LOVELY SONG, 23 Sept. 2013
This review is from: Hero (MP3 Download)
So, my secrets out and I have to admit to my one guilty pleasure ~ The Real Housewives! It's there I became aware of Mary Zilba and curiosity got the better of me, so I had to sample some of her music. This is my first download of Mary's but it won't be the last. A truly lovely country song with lyrics that remind me of my lovely partner!

Goodness, Grace and Me: An hilarious, laugh out loud, Romantic Comedy!
Goodness, Grace and Me: An hilarious, laugh out loud, Romantic Comedy!

5.0 out of 5 stars JUST BRILLIANT, 23 Sept. 2013
I was approached by the Julie Houston the author to read her novel, I think largely as I now live in Leeds and this is a genre I really enjoy. What Julie wasn't aware of at the time was I was in fact born and lived most of my life in Huddersfield (Midhope) so an added pleasure for me was recognising many of the places she refers to. For fellow `Hudderfieldtarians' who wouldn't recognise Johnny's nightclub (Jimmy's)?

The synopsis is very good so I don't really want to elaborate on it and risk spoiling the storyline.

The characters are extremely well created and I fell in love with Harriet straight away, along with her girlfriend Grace and their wonderful relationship. She is full of love with a real naughty streak and Julie's depiction of her is just wonderful. I literally chucked my way through the whole book. So much so I had to keep reading passages for my partner who found them so funny he's going to read the book himself!

Of course there are serious sides to the story especially with Harriet and Nick's relationship. I was so absorbed that at times feelings of love, anger and sheer jealousy were palpable.

Although Harriet and Nick are the central characters, no one else is neglected. All being so well developed I felt as if I knew them personally. Oh how I hated Amanda. David, Nick's boss is such a sweet and understanding character and Grace with her own tribulations to contend with. Not to mention stroppy teenages slong with a live in mother-in-law!

This was such an easy and delightful read with colourful language at times which actually gave the novel a genuine feel. Highly recommend, you won't be able to put it down until the very end. My only negative is it played havoc with my sleep for a couple of nights! I would have gladly paid for this book.

As It Seems
As It Seems

5.0 out of 5 stars SIMPLY STUNNING, 28 July 2013
This review is from: As It Seems (MP3 Download)
This is the review that I did for Lily's other song Ashes Like Snow which is applicable to this single too:

Gorgeous, gorgeous, georgous!! I was watching the finale of season 12 of Criminal Minds coming to an end and suddenly there was the most beautiful song playing in the background. Within minutes of the programme coming to an end I had `googled ` and found details of this song, Ashes Like Snow and downloaded it from Amazon.

Now believe me I'm not a rash person, even the smallest purchase gets consideration but this song moved me so much I just couldn't wait to own it; and of course play it. It gives me goose bumps each time; it's absolutely stunning.

On checking out Amazon.com reviews It would appear that Lily is related to one of the executive producers on Criminal Minds and that her previous song finished off the final episode of season 11's Criminal Minds. Now if I had just been reading that and not heard the song I'm sure I would have thought there was a little nepotism going on. But not at all; Mr. Kershaw must be extremely proud of his daughter's amazing talent.

Usually it takes a couple of `playings' to get me interested in a song but this just moved me from first hearing it. So much so I also downloaded Lily Kershaw's only other single on Amazon `As it Seems' which is also amazing. Both songs are hauntingly beautiful. I just hope Lily Kershaw releases an album in the not too distant future.

Ashes Like Snow
Ashes Like Snow

5.0 out of 5 stars SIMPLY STUNNING, 28 July 2013
This review is from: Ashes Like Snow (MP3 Download)

Needing Nita (Serve and Protect Series Book 4)
Needing Nita (Serve and Protect Series Book 4)

4.0 out of 5 stars HOT ROMANCE, 18 July 2013
I don't normally care for novellas, by the time you've started getting into the story it's finished, but I thoroughly enjoyed this book.

After finding out that she has a brain tumour, a condition her father had died of at only 49, lawyer Nita decides it time to have some real fun to help take her mind of her misery. She's previously knocked back the advances of sexy Detective Craig Walker not even giving him the chance of a date, choosing safe dates instead to protect her career.

Now, with nothing to lose, she decides to contact him and offers to take him out for a meal and much, much more. All the passion which has built up between them over a two year period explodes in one night. The love scenes are hot, hot, hot but tastefully written.

Although only a short read I became completely immersed in the characters and could positively feel the love they had for one another. Would happily read another novel by Norah Wilson and recommend this one to anyone who likes a good romance with a lot of passion!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-16