Profile for Jennifer Spence > Reviews

Jennifer Spence (UK)

An Inconvenient Ward (A Regency Romance): Inconvenient Trilogy - Book 1
An Inconvenient Ward (A Regency Romance): Inconvenient Trilogy - Book 1
Price: 0.77

5.0 out of 5 stars Very enjoyable, looking forward to the rest of the trilogy, 20 Jun 2014
I liked this book and thoroughly enjoyed reading it. I am looking forward to reading her other books. Yes, it is obvious what the ending will be, but that is normal with this type of book and I actually prefer it - another book by a different author had the heroine interacting with one man for most of the book only to have her marry someone else at the end and very dissatisfying it was too!

I find the main characters well written, Elizabeth starts out a bit headstrong but not stupidly so, and Michael is attractive without being superhuman. And while we're talking about the writing, how refreshing to find a book without glaring anachronisms, or Americanisms! And none of the dreadful typos that so often mar the cheaper publications.

I didn't pay very much for this book, only 77p, but would happily pay more for more books by this author. Please keep them coming!

PathPix Pro
PathPix Pro
Price: 1.86

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent game and loads for your money, 8 Jun 2013
This review is from: PathPix Pro (App)
This is brilliant, mostly challenging but not so impossible that you give up. The best thing is that once you've done all the levels (will take you a while, I haven't finished yet) you can reset them and start all over again! There are enough puzzles that you wouldn't remember how to do them. My 16 year old son is now hooked too and keeps stealing my kindle to play. Even my 9 year old loves it, although with this version he finds only the short paths easy enough. I will probably try the basic version for him. Loads of entertainment and all for less than the price of a cup of coffee!

Meyer Select Stainless Steel Saucepan, 16 cm, 1.4 Litre
Meyer Select Stainless Steel Saucepan, 16 cm, 1.4 Litre

5.0 out of 5 stars Solid quality saucepan - and I love the lid, 4 Feb 2009
Really solid pan that I haven't managed to ruin by boiling dry yet. The lid has holes in so you can strain off the water without having to use a colander, saving washing up. I now have a whole set of these pans and I love them all. Only downside is they are heavier, so people with weak wrists might struggle.

Ingenious Strategy Game
Ingenious Strategy Game
Price: 20.32

5.0 out of 5 stars Best game we've ever bought, 15 Jan 2008
This review is from: Ingenious Strategy Game (Toy)
I am about to buy our 3rd set of this game. The original one is played in our family with our 2 boys aged 12 and 10 and we play it more than any other game we have. The other two sets are for friends' children who have played the game at our house and loved it (right, that's it, no more friends round ...). It is easy to pick up and suitable for younger children too, as they really only need to be able to match. Strategy comes into it later as you get competitive ...

Overall, a great game.