Profile for Talie > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9
Kitchen Craft Colourworks Silicone Tongs, Orange
Kitchen Craft Colourworks Silicone Tongs, Orange

3.0 out of 5 stars The world's tallest tongs?, 5 Mar. 2015
I ordered these to go with the orange theme in my kitchen. When they turned up, I could not get over the size of them. They're at least 30cm tall, which is just huge compared to my other kitchen tongs.

Other than the giant height of them, they're well made and can go into the dishwasher, so they do exactly what I need them to.

Dog Blanket Car Rear Seat Hammock Cover for Dogs Various Sizes and Colours
Dog Blanket Car Rear Seat Hammock Cover for Dogs Various Sizes and Colours
Offered by MegastoreOUTLET

5.0 out of 5 stars Secure and well made., 5 Mar. 2015
I bought the 140 x 160 size for my new VW Polo (15 reg), and initially panicked that it wouldn't be the right size, but I was wrong to worry as it fits just fine.

It's secured by slipping the built in head rest covers over the front and rear head rests of your car seats. If you get it the right way round, there's also a handy storage pocket behind the driver's side.

The side panels come with little rubber sucker pads, which you can stick on to the glass of the windows and keep them up. Make sure you press them on firmly, mine fell down and set my car alarm off, but that was my fault for not fixing them well enough. You then effectively have a giant fabric box for your dog.

The stitching across the fabric firms it up so it should keep its shape well.

Arrived with DPD about a week after I ordered it, from the shop in Poland.

Only drawback is the lack of gaps for the seatbelts to poke through, rendering my dog seatbelts useless. I've ordered a Kurgo "Lead And Zip Line" which makes a secure overhead fixing, attached to your car's grab handles or seatbelts. However, I understand that putting holes into it would stop it containing the mud and sand the dog will inevitably pick up.

So far, so good. Hopefully it will last longer than the plasticky hammock style seat protectors I've had before. I'm using it in conjunction with seat covers to be doubly safe. I'd like to keep my new car a bit cleaner than the old one!
Comment Comment | Permalink

Flexi Vario Multi Box for Treats/ Poop Bags, Red
Flexi Vario Multi Box for Treats/ Poop Bags, Red

4.0 out of 5 stars Does its job well, 24 Feb. 2015
Having bought the Vario lead, it seemed silly not to buy the attachments for it, and since I was always lugging a little bag with treats and pooh bags along, I thought this was a good move.

It comes with a rubber stopper which you pull out to reveal a dispenser hole if you're using it for pooh bags. If not, leave it in and it's a sealed box for treats or keys. It does come with a roll of pooh bags to put into it. I usually use the Bags On Board brand, and they must be fractionally wider, because the ends don't close quite as easily as they did with the provided roll of bags. It does close though.

The ends, which open to insert your roll of pooh bags or treats, stay on securely. I've dropped the lead and they've stayed shut. It slots into the lead easily, and feels secure.

Why not five stars? The price. I paid just over £6 for mine, although I see the price has come down a bit now. It's not a fabulous piece of engineering, but it serves a useful purpose.

Caltrad Massaging Silicon Gel insoles for Sore Feet Relief, Shock Absorption, Running / Hiking (Womens 6-9)
Offered by BodytecwellbeingTM

4.0 out of 5 stars Good price to pay for comfort, 24 Feb. 2015
I have to say that I wasn't expecting much for the price paid, and I have only worn them once in a pair of wellies which had previously crippled me after a couple of miles, but I am pleasantly surprised. I needed to cut them down to size, which I did. Having worn them today, I'd say their sizing lines which you cut along to create the correct size for your foot, are a little on the small side. I'm usually a 7, but cutting along the line for size 7 shoes made them a little small for the boot.

They've gone into the wellies with no bother, and seem to be staying in place well. Today I walked both up and down steep hills, and they stayed in place well. They're not too deep, so you don't feel like you're being raised up out of your shoes either.

Overall, very pleased so far.

Adaptil Collar
Adaptil Collar

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, 24 Jan. 2015
This review is from: Adaptil Collar (Misc.)
Our dog is a bit of an erratic beast. At home, she is loving and friendly. She adores our friends, family and other dogs. Unfortunately, she's quite unpredictable outside the home. Sometimes she cries when people approach her, sometimes she barks and snarls. We'd had some success calming her down with the Adaptil spray, so we thought the collar might be a nice portable solution.

The collar itself is not exactly high tech - it's flexible plastic with a slid through fastening system which has seemed fairly secure so far. I assume the plastic in infused with the Adaptil pheromones. You cannot attach anything to it because there are no hoops, so the dog still needs to wear its usual collar. In terms of size, our dog (A beagle) would probably have been better with the small size, because the large size is a good eight inches too long really.

A few weeks into using this, I can safely say it's made no difference at all. She's as unpredictable as ever, wary of strangers and if anything, even more jumpy around cyclists. The only reason I've not taken it off her yet is that I cannot bear to throw away something which cost more than her normal leather collar. I'm giving it two stars because it's a good idea, but it's made no difference to my dog's temperament whatsoever.

Amazon Lighted Leather Cover, Wine Purple  [will only fit Kindle (5th Generation)]
Amazon Lighted Leather Cover, Wine Purple [will only fit Kindle (5th Generation)]

5.0 out of 5 stars Does what it says, 13 Jan. 2015
Does exactly what I need it to do - fits my Kindle perfectly, and lights up the page with its flip-out LED light. Looks smart, and should last a long time.

Delisnacks Beef Ears, 3 Pieces
Delisnacks Beef Ears, 3 Pieces

5.0 out of 5 stars Long lasting cow ear chews, 13 Jan. 2015
We have a power chewer in our house - and she's a beagle. There is no point buying cheap rubbish because she's going to be through it in no time. Also on our no list is rawhide (It can get caught in throats, swell up and kill - it happened to our neighbour's dog), and any sort of dried pig product because not only are they generally high in fat, they give her the most disgusting gas. Dried cow ears are lower in fat, but usually thin and last her a few minutes.

Not these. She's had two of three so far, and each one has lasted her a good ten minutes of power chewing. They have the auricles (The chunky bit which connects the ear to the head - you can buy these separately and they cost a fair bit) on, which is a bonus. A decent size, too, much bigger than the ones I've had from a certain national pet shop.

We're working our way through this Delisnacks range, and I have to say we've been pleased with everything so far.

Fitbit Charge Wireless Activity with Sleep Wristband - Slate, Small
Fitbit Charge Wireless Activity with Sleep Wristband - Slate, Small

4.0 out of 5 stars Quirky and fun, but dislikes my Mac, 30 Dec. 2014
I'm a bit Fitbit fan. I started about 6 months ago with the Zip, which turned out to be the best motivator I've encountered. I signed up for an account, added my friends, and was soon competing against them. However, my friends had the more advanced Fitbits, ones which could count steps, and so I upgraded.

In regards to sizing, I do have small wrists. New watches always wind up having four or five links taken out or they'll just fall off my wrist, and using the Fitbit measurement guide, I worked out that a small was the correct size for me. Having said that, once it arrived I discovered that it was only just the right choice for me - I had to have it on the loosest setting. Plus, if I'm honest, I do not like their fastening system of poking two metal prongs through slits. It just doesn't seem that secure. Having said that, it's staying on just fine at the moment. If I was buying it again, I might think twice and get a large size, rather than small.

Installing it on my PC was easy. I plugged in the Charge's dongle to the USB port. The PC picked it up and asked if I wanted to replace my Zip with the Charge, and transferred all my stats over with no fuss at all. I could now add the tiles about my sleep quality and step counts to my dashboard, which was really simple.

Not so simple for the Mac I use for work though - although my account has obvious been updated with the Charge, the Mac just will not connect to it with the dongle. I have posted a support ticket on the Fitbit website, which they're usually quite good at responding to. I will update this review when that happens.

Accuracy is pretty good. It counts steps well, and vibrates merrily when you hit your target. It's not so great on counting stairs though, and misses out a few flights of stairs a day, which is quite irritating when one of my targets is to climb a certain number of stairs.

Sleep monitoring is fascinating. Who knew sleep efficiency could be measure? I certainly wasn't aware I was restless during the night either. Interesting stuff.

One little quirk of this is that it will occasionally flash little messages at you. Mine has ordered me to hug it, while other users report being told that it likes them. I think you can turn this off, but it's not lost its novelty yet.

So far, so good.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 2, 2015 6:44 AM GMT

Delisnacks Beef Head Skin, 80 cm
Delisnacks Beef Head Skin, 80 cm
Offered by ZooEck

4.0 out of 5 stars Jumbo chewing fun, 30 Dec. 2014
As gross as it sounds, my dog loves beef scalp chews. We usually buy her the BARF branded six-inch ones from our local pet supermarket, and they take her a good 20 minutes to get through. She is a power chewer, and the BARF chews are really the only chews we can give her which keep her chewing for more than two minutes. They cost £7 for about 10, which is quite expensive. The thought of an 80cm chew seemed too good to be true, so I decided to give it a go, along with some of the other items from this range.

First of all, I noticed that while it was indeed a very long length of beef scalp, it was not as thick as the BARF branded ones. It also appeared to be very thin in one place, meaning it bent over and wobbled a bit, unlike the BARF ones, which are a good 1-2cm thick.

She did enjoy this, and was really excited to be given it. It was taken straight to her basket, where only the valued chews go, and it kept her going, but only for about 20 minutes, so no different to the BARF branded short chews. She definitely saw it as a big treat, and was very excited by it. Would I buy it again though? Maybe not at the price I paid (£3.19) because that would have bought half a pack of BARF chews. Which dog owner can put a price on their dog's happiness though? Maybe as a birthday treat next year.

Brabantia Conical Waste Paper Bin with Holes, 5 Litre - Matt Steel
Brabantia Conical Waste Paper Bin with Holes, 5 Litre - Matt Steel

4.0 out of 5 stars Well made, but small., 29 Dec. 2014
It's a bin, so I'm not sure what I'm going to say here. Brabantia make excellent quality items, of which we have plenty, and we've had no trouble emailing them and asking for replacements under their 10 year warranty, so choosing a Brabantia bin was a bit of a no-brainer.

It's a clever little thing. The top black plastic ring lifts off, so you can pop an old supermarket carrier bag into it, and then put the ring back and it'll hold it in place. We've got it on a carpeted floor, and it stays in place nicely.

Seems well made, as you'd expect from this brand, but as I mentioned before, even if something goes wrong, it'll be replaced with no problems.

The only downside would be that 5 litres is not very big, especially if you're in the habit of tucking spare carrier bags underneath the current one for easy replacement when you fill a bag. A few tissues or the wrapper from a 4 pack of toilet rolls seems to fill the bin up by itself.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9