Profile for C. McCullagh > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Disney Mickey Comic Strip Mickey Head Shaped Cushion
Disney Mickey Comic Strip Mickey Head Shaped Cushion

5.0 out of 5 stars The real deal, 9 April 2013
I made a matching birthday cake for my great-grandson's second birthday party. The cushion doubles up as a cuddly toy.

Dry Bones: An Enzo File (Enzo Files Book 1)
Dry Bones: An Enzo File (Enzo Files Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars Fascinating, 9 April 2013
I read this before going to Paris - just by coincidence, and I loved it. I cannot understand why it is so difficult to get the whole series. The premis of the main protagonist's life and family attracted me. I wil read more when I find them.

The Complete Works of Jane Austen (Annotated with Biography and Critical Essays)

5.0 out of 5 stars Complete, 9 April 2013
How do you review Austen? Have your paper copies, both cheap and precious, and stick it all on Kindle as well. Never stop reading the novels.

Traditional Garden Games Garden Quoits
Traditional Garden Games Garden Quoits

3.0 out of 5 stars Slow, 9 April 2013
We played several games in the garden in the summer, and this was a little tedious. Players had to queue, and kept wandering off while waiting their turn. Great potential for cheating and complaining, though. Put someone in charge of scores and it can go on all day!

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Have a party, 9 April 2013
A game that provides a bit of a laugh in the garden in summer with a family group of mixed ages. Make your own rules!

Collins Robert French Dictionary (Collins Complete and Unabridged)
Collins Robert French Dictionary (Collins Complete and Unabridged)
by Collins Dictionaries

5.0 out of 5 stars Advanced learner, 9 April 2013
This huge tome will put you right on everything you need to know when refining your French. It is heavy, and needs its place on the desk or you might not reach for it. The pages are fine, and not too delicate, but handle carefully. Try the extended entry for Ítre and see what it can do!

Gabor Women's Blanche Dark Taupe Comfort 56.404.93 4.5 UK
Gabor Women's Blanche Dark Taupe Comfort 56.404.93 4.5 UK

3.0 out of 5 stars Not what I hoped for, 9 April 2013
I do not usually buy shoes online, but I thought that as I was familiar with Gabor Comfort fitting and size it would be fine. I wore the shoes before realising they are slightly too big and they gave me blisters. Nothing to beat getting fitted properly. I am now wearing another Gabor Comfort, same size, and they fit well.

The Guide to Paris by Metro
The Guide to Paris by Metro
by Anne-Claire Ruel

5.0 out of 5 stars Good angle on sightseeing., 9 April 2013
If you intend to be in Paris for at least a week, and intend to use the metro, then this book can direct your days fairly well. If you prefer to stumble around blindly and hope you do not miss too much, then the book will stay in your pocket. It is useful before you go if you spare it the time. It is an attractive book to handle, good size and flexible plastic cover. It opens nicely, and is well illustrated. It also has a decent map!

Standing in Another Man's Grave
Standing in Another Man's Grave
by Ian Rankin

5.0 out of 5 stars You can't keep a good cop down., 9 April 2013
As a seasoned Rebus fan, I must say that I was pleased to be reminded of his tenacity when on a case, this time retired and without, to some extent, the need to suspend him every time he annoyed his elders and betters. Can Rankin get away with bringing him out again? Please.

The Chessmen (Lewis Trilogy 3)
The Chessmen (Lewis Trilogy 3)
by Peter May

5.0 out of 5 stars Last of the trilogy, 8 April 2013
For Peter May fans, this is up to his usual standard for his stories set in Lewis. It helps me that I have spent a week on the beautiful but lonely island, so I am able to follow him around wherever he goes. Who'd have guessed that there could be so much intrigue in such a place? Where will May go next?

Page: 1 | 2 | 3