Profile for Me! > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Maximuscle Promax 330 ml Orange Whey Protein Drink - 6 x Bottles
Maximuscle Promax 330 ml Orange Whey Protein Drink - 6 x Bottles

2.0 out of 5 stars Unpleasant taste, 14 Jan 2012
Maximuscle Promax Whey Protein Orange Drink - 6 x 330 ml Maximuscle Promax Whey Protein RTD Lemon & Lime 6 of 330 ml
I was very disappointed with these products as they both taste dreadful. They are more costly than the Maxi-Milk ready to drink shakes (both flavours of these taste very nice). I gave them 2 stars purely because of the convenience in having a protein drink ready prepared. However, I will be sticking with other products from now on purely because of the taste. I cannot comment on their efficacy in boosting muscle growth and supporting recovery after a workout as I have only used these drinks a few times.

How to lose weight, the easy way!
How to lose weight, the easy way!
by Una Coales

1.0 out of 5 stars A book of self promotion. Save your money, 25 Nov 2011
The author claims to be a doctor but does not bring any medical insight to the book, simply self promotion. It is poorly written and not reader friendly at all. Don't waste your money on this book.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 28, 2012 10:44 AM GMT

How to find a husband, preferably a millionaire
How to find a husband, preferably a millionaire
by Una Coales
Price: 12.40

1.0 out of 5 stars I can't believe this was written by a doctor!, 19 Nov 2011
This is a shockingly badly written book. It also seems a strange thing for a doctor to write as it is very vacuous and not even amusing. I wouldn't waste your money on this book.

No Title Available

1.0 out of 5 stars Only the clock part works, 16 Sep 2011
I bought this item a few weeks ago and the temperature and humidity readings have been a consistent 70. Only the clock works. The clock has a cheap plastic look and feel but for the price I suppose that is to be expected. Rather disappointed that neither the temperature or humidity bits function at all.

EDIT: The clock has now become worse than useless. Despite changing the batteries it has persisted in losing time, losing 2 hours in the past week alone. For a clock that is 5 months old this is appalling and a complete waste of money.

Good News Bible (Sunrise)
Good News Bible (Sunrise)
by Collins
Price: 9.09

5.0 out of 5 stars Prized, 7 Nov 2010
This is an easy to read bible and one of my prized possessions. I would recommend this to teenagers and adults alike.

I Had a Black Dog
I Had a Black Dog
by Matthew Johnstone
Price: 5.59

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic book, 7 Nov 2010
This review is from: I Had a Black Dog (Paperback)
This book is truly amazing. The illustrations are beautiful drawn and annotated. This book reminds those who are in the depths of despair with depression that someone out there can relate to what they are going through. More than that it is a way of describing to those around you how you feel inside when you cannot find the words to express yourself. I love this book and other works by these very talented authors.

ECGs by Example
ECGs by Example
by Dean Jenkins MB BCh MRCP DipMedEd Dr.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best ECG book I've seen, 7 Nov 2010
This review is from: ECGs by Example (Paperback)
This is easily the best ECG book I've come across. I found "ECG Made Easy" too difficult to be useful and a cardiac nurse specialist recommended this book to me instead. It has full size 12 lead ECGs or rhythm strips on one page and explanations on the facing page including features of the ECG and clinical notes regarding the underlying condition. The layout lends itself well to self testing as well as a primary learning tool. I'd recommend this to all medical students and junior doctors.

I'm Ok, You're Ok
I'm Ok, You're Ok
by Thomas A. Harris

5.0 out of 5 stars More than OK!, 7 Nov 2010
This review is from: I'm Ok, You're Ok (Paperback)
I absolutely loved this book. The theories were mentioned to me and I had to go out and find out more. I normally find such books quite dull but I really connected with what Harris has written and am very pleased I bought this book. There are no quick fixes in this book but plenty of ideas of how one can recognise their thinking and behaviours.

True Spirit: The True Story of a 16-Year-Old Australian Who Sailed Solo, Nonstop, and Unassisted Around the World
by Jessica Watson

5.0 out of 5 stars Inspiring, 7 Nov 2010
This is an amazing story of a teenager who sailed solo around the world. It is a well written book and incredibly inspiring. "True Spirit" was the perfect title choice. I would recommend this to adults and teenagers alike.

HTC WILDFIRE PURPLE PU LEATHER POCKET POUCH COVER CASE BY CELLAPOD CASES
HTC WILDFIRE PURPLE PU LEATHER POCKET POUCH COVER CASE BY CELLAPOD CASES

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect, 7 Nov 2010
Perfect pouch for my new HTC Wildfire. It protects is well and is of very good quality. Delivery from Cellapod was very quick. Perfect purchase.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3