Profile for Darren Raven Reznor > Reviews

Content by Darren Raven R...

Darren Raven Reznor

USB KART III Extreme Racing Optical PC mouse - Sports Car Shape - Black
USB KART III Extreme Racing Optical PC mouse - Sports Car Shape - Black
Offered by LTZmart

2.0 out of 5 stars Fine, for the money, 6 April 2014
Avoid, certainly if you actually want a functional mouse. The buttons are clacky and thin, the cable is alarmingly thin, and it doesn't glide well. Yes, it lights up very nicely, but that is all this amounts to: a cheap USB light that just barely serves as a computer mouse. It just looks like someone has found various shaped pieces of plastic and glued them over a bright blue light. They don't even fit over each other very evenly. I should have spent more money and found something better, to put it bluntly.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Outstanding, 6 April 2014
This has been very helpful for me and my wife, we are truly pleased with it. It gently eases all the tired knotted muscles, fits happily in the hand, and, aesthetically speaking, looks great too (try holding it to the light, just for fun!). Serves a great function. We endorse this fully.

3M USB Guitar Bass To USB Link Cable adapter PC Recording USB Guitar cable
3M USB Guitar Bass To USB Link Cable adapter PC Recording USB Guitar cable
Offered by Well-Goal

3.0 out of 5 stars It's sufficient, 15 Mar. 2014
I never expected an amazing cable here. Just a basic connection between my guitar and my laptop. My first impression was reasonable; a thick, robust cable with an indicator LED. Then I plugged it in, and my smile dropped slightly. The USB connection is sloppy, and the unit leans at an uncomfortable angle. But it registers, installs automatically, and it's ready. That is, until you have to start manually configuring your sound settings. I had to use control panel, ASIO configuration software, and bring up each individual program that I'm going to use this cable for, and spend the next hour getting everything set up, before my laptop was happy to give me what I wanted. I confess, a laptop is going to be harder to work with than a desktop, which may be simpler, but that may be the plus point of this review; it will be the worst it gets.
I will give good points here; it is thick, robust, and the signal is very good. It installs within 5 seconds, and does help as a separate path for guitar-DAW processing (in my case, I use the Boss BR-80, but need a separate link for my own purposes!).
Certainly a good purchase, however, I think it could end up being replaced by a better quality guitar-USB link within a year.

Kids 69 Piece Toy Tool Kit Play Set Portable Folding Work Bench Workshop with Drill
Offered by woodstockstoresltd

5.0 out of 5 stars My son is excited!, 1 Mar. 2014
I chose top marks here, because, to be blunt, this play set is worth it! I bought it for my sons birthday, which is a little way off yet. However, I allowed him to preview it. He rummaged through and took a liking to the drill (minus batteries, we'll deal with those in due course!), the adjustable spanner, and the portable vice. We also inspected the case itself, installing the legs and playing with the screws. This is, most essentially, a childs toy, and it performs this function absolutely fine. Yes, there is a minor flimsy factor there, but if you're after sturdy, you will need to aim for a far higher budget. Certainly though, do not let that put you off this excellent tool set. My son thinks it's amazing. We just hope he'll forget he's got it now in time for when he OFFICIALLY receives it on his birthday!

Bruce Lee Collection [DVD]
Bruce Lee Collection [DVD]
Dvd ~ Bruce Lee
Offered by Rapid-DVD

5.0 out of 5 stars Those kicks :D, 1 Mar. 2014
This review is from: Bruce Lee Collection [DVD] (DVD)
Well I used to watch all Bruce Lee's movies as a kid, both on TV and on video. But the time came to find a DVD box set, and here it is! The movies here are The Big Boss, Way Of The Dragon, Fist Of Fury and Game Of Death. It is a pity that Enter The Dragon is not a part of this set, however, as this is a purchase for those on a budget, that doesn't reflect on the rating here. What you will get is Bruce Lee doing what he did best across four of his movies - acting, fighting, and that odd little finger-thumb nose wipe quirk of his! The extras on the discs aren't bad (I shouldn't comment as I haven't viewed them all yet) and the overall presentation is actually highly adequate, again, for the budget. Top marks from me, now I can enjoy watching all my Bruce Lee favourites all over again for even more years to come!