Profile for maribé > Reviews

Content by maribé

maribé

Divergent (Divergent, Book 1)
Divergent (Divergent, Book 1)
by Veronica Roth

2.0 out of 5 stars Yes but no to Divergent, 27 Sep 2012
Well I can't say that I bought this book without knowing anything about it: good reviews, a lot of praise so... great expectations too. So I decided to buy the first opus to check before going for the others. And I was right. I know this book is very well rated but really, honestly I can't. It started very fast and we were directly in, quickly. But I could help having the weird feeling greeping the more I read. Then on the third part of the book (I do not want to leave spoilers) it was the end for me...and the book. In retrospect, I think this book could be very good, it has all the potential in hands but I think it is not so well written and is lacking what could make it a real challenger to Hunger Games. Sorry about that but for me this book does not sound universal but too much US and politically correct focused. Yes I know this sounds funny but this is what I feel. Therefore I will not buy the other books and even mean to get rid of this book. Anyone interested?

The Japanese Skincare Revolution: How to Have the Most Beautiful Skin of Your Life - at Any Age
by Chizu Saeki

4.0 out of 5 stars Somehow interesting but somewhere obvious, 28 Oct 2010
I ordered this book while I was browsing the internet searching for more about the layering cleaning method favored by japanese women.
This book and Chizu Saeki was given good comments because it went against this trend of layering.
Ms Saeki has been an aethetics most of her life, working for Dior or Guerlain in Japan among others and she is the living proof of good skin care can do to a face.
But while she is giving many interesting tips she is also stating the obvious about skin car like "do not use too much products on your skin" as many japanese women (but not only) do.
Well at least it is obvious to me!
But this is a great book and I was particularly interested to know about her special moisturizing method using lotion: very easy to handle and to do and does wonder to the skin.
So I do recommend this book.

Varios - MAVALA LACA UÑAS 151
Varios - MAVALA LACA UÑAS 151
Offered by My Beauty Sale

5.0 out of 5 stars Chic Marron Glace, 8 Oct 2010
This colour is chic enough to have its entry to work office . I had (we had actually)compliment regarding this nail polish as I was anxious to know whether it was a yes or no at work.
It is nice enough to go through the spectrum. AND I like it, a lot.

Persuasion : Complete ITV Adaptation [2007] [DVD]
Persuasion : Complete ITV Adaptation [2007] [DVD]
Dvd ~ Sally Hawkins

5.0 out of 5 stars a romantic emotion, 5 April 2009
Really this movie was a quite a big surprise but a good one !
Emotion was present all along the movie despite the way of filming.And music was part of it : if you have ever read some book from Jane Austen go pn watching this adaptation : it might not be the truest to the novel (Persuasion) but indeed it deserves the watching.
And the actors are great able to feel and to make feel through their face, their hands... Well I am vey happy and all I can say is give it a try.