Profile for Catchmex > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Adrift
Adrift

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely brilliant, 12 Jan. 2015
This review is from: Adrift (Kindle Edition)
I love this author. This book, which I am hoping is the first in a series, is easily on par with the fantastic Wildfire Chronicles. I found Adrift to be fast paced, dark and terrifying and I love the different take on an age old subject. Can't wait for another installment!

Undivided (Unwind Dystology Book 4)
Undivided (Unwind Dystology Book 4)

5.0 out of 5 stars I can't even, 10 Jan. 2015
Fantastic end even if I did find it rather abrupt. Rollercoaster or what? A very fitting ending for our trio of heroes. What I love about this series is how thought provoking it is, how it touches upon some serious and risky subjects, and how it has just enough loss to keep it balanced between fluffy and depressing. A highly recommended read, one of the darker YA dystopian series I have read and I thoroughly enjoyed it.

Unwholly (Unwind Dystology Book 2)
Unwholly (Unwind Dystology Book 2)

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, on par with the first, 2 Jan. 2015
Just as good as the first one, I am reading them so quickly they are merging into one large book!

We watch as Connor fights to keep everyone alive, Lev fights against becoming king of the tithes and Risa sacrifices to keep everyone safe. We meet a new character who I have a feeling is going to play a huge part in what is coming, but is "he" a "he" or an "it"?

These books are truely though provoking, and an intriguing subject.

Unwind (Unwind Dystology Book 1)
Unwind (Unwind Dystology Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars You'll learn to love Lev, 2 Jan. 2015
Fantastic start to a series, I couldn't believe it when I got to the end so quickly! I also like the way the book could essentially be a stand alone if needed.

Welcome to a different world where we follow Connor, Risa and Lev in their fight to survive in a society that doesn't want them to. It is fast paced and brilliant. The book will make you think about your beliefs in a way you never have before.

Loved it, purchased the second one straight away,

Cards Against Humanity: UK edition
Cards Against Humanity: UK edition
Offered by Cards Against Humanity, LLC.

5.0 out of 5 stars It does say a game for horrible people, you have been warned., 2 Jan. 2015
Possibly the best card game ever. Not for children, people who take offence or your nan (unless she is awesome). Played the whole box through, didn't stop laughing. Getting the expansion packs.
Contains - pretty much everything you could fine offending.
5 stars, good on kickstarter for making it possible.

The Mortal Instruments 6: City of Heavenly Fire
The Mortal Instruments 6: City of Heavenly Fire

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic ending SPOILERS, 14 Dec. 2014
These books came into their own the more you read. The final instalment of this series was absolutely fantastic. Having read them all on kindle I couldn't believe how long it was but it was worth it. Everything is resolved but I am really hoping that our favourite group will be making appearances in the new series as well.

Spoiler coming---

I would like to say a massive, massive thank you to Cassandra Clare for making Simon a shadow hunter and bringing back his memory. I loved his character, he was my favourite and I cried when I realised that there was a loophole to his sacrifice.

The Mortal Instruments 3: City of Glass
The Mortal Instruments 3: City of Glass

5.0 out of 5 stars Best one so far, 8 Dec. 2014
Loved this one, literally couldn't put it down. After the second book I really hoped it would pick up again and I'm pleased to say it did.

The Mortal Instruments 2: City of Ashes
The Mortal Instruments 2: City of Ashes

4.0 out of 5 stars Push through it, 8 Dec. 2014
Not as good as the first book, drags at some points but I'm really glad I persevered, the next book is fantastic.

City of Bones (The Mortal Instruments Book 1)
City of Bones (The Mortal Instruments Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars Really good, 8 Dec. 2014
After watching the film (which is poor at best compared to the book) I thought I'd give this series a go. Really enjoyed this book, supernatural books of this type are few and this one is brilliant. Clary, a normal girl with a normal best friend gets thrown into a life of downworlders and shadow hunters, chuck in some major family issues and a cute boy she can't have and you've got yourself a compelling story.

Frozen [DVD]
Frozen [DVD]
Dvd ~ Chris Buck
Offered by -CENTRO-UK- [100% POSITIVE RATED; 10,000+ FEEDBACKS]

5.0 out of 5 stars You have to watch this twice, 4 Dec. 2014
This review is from: Frozen [DVD] (DVD)
Didn't get the hype for this film the first time I watched it. But it creeps up on you, you start humming "do you wanna build a snowman" to yourself until you have to watch it again. It's not one of disney's best but some how it is!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3