Profile for Ms. J. E. Lee > Reviews

Content by Ms. J. E. Lee

Ms. J. E. Lee "jelb56" (Birmingham)

My Fitness Coach: Dance Workout (Wii)
My Fitness Coach: Dance Workout (Wii)
Offered by APE-GAMES
Price: 9.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Not for the dance novice, 4 April 2012
= Fun:1.0 out of 5 stars
I bought this game as I was hoping it was going to be similar to Fitness Coach, which I've really enjoyed but got a bit bored with the same moves over and over. But I was so disappointed when I put this game on, as soon as I realised I couldn't even manage the tutorial section I knew I should have listened to the other reviews for this game. It starts off very simple, just showing you the foot movements but then all of a sudden they've launched into a full on dance move with arms, hips and foot work without it even being clear what they're doing and just as you're trying to get the hang of this they're onto the next equally complicated move. The graphics/camera angle don't help things as I couldn't see clearly which way they're arms are moving and they don't tell you either. Unlike the original Fitness Coach this game just highlighted why I don't like this kind of excercise i.e. trying to follow an extremely fit expert whilst your feet are trying to work out where they're going. It's probably a great game if you've had dance classes before but if you're hoping to try something new in the privacy of your own home then don't bother, you'll end up screaming and throwing it out the window, eating a bar of chocolate and crying over a glass of wine at another excercise failure.

I Can Make You Thin
I Can Make You Thin
by Paul McKenna
Price: 7.69

5.0 out of 5 stars So sodding simple!, 14 Sep 2009
This review is from: I Can Make You Thin (Paperback)
I was told to go on a similar diet many years ago when I was recovering from bulimia, they said the trick was to completely forget about dieting and trying to loose weight, it was more important to get the eating habits right so I had to eat little and often, never really letting myself get too hungry. I lost half a stone without even trying. So when I bought this book I knew it would ultimately work. Even though its always best to see your doctor first I would recommend this book to people who have suffered or are suffering from eating disorders, my anxiety around food is dramatically decreasing as I follow this book, I'm no longer obsessing over calories or fats but actually eating what I want, I even went out for a meal without feeling guilty!
One thing that annoyed me a little was the first chapter which sounds just like any fad diet book, I almost put it down because of it. There were also things I think he needed to expand on or give a little more advice about. I've found it useful to carry various snacks around with me, particularly as I work all day, it just stops you from getting ravenously hungry before lunchtime. I've also found it really difficult to leave food on my plate, one trick I found was to push the plate to one side thinking I'll come back to it later if I'm still hungry, but most of the time I just really don't fancy eating the same thing again for dinner so its easier to chuck it in the bin.

I know this book won't help everyone, you still need willpower and the willingness to change. This 'diet' didn't work for my sister and she now has a gastric band which effectively forces her to eat when shes hungry and eat slowly but the difference is she can't eat what she wants. I always thought I'd want a band but reading this book is way better than a surgery bill of 7000.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 21, 2010 3:25 AM BST