Profile for Pan-tac > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
5 LITRE ALUMINIUM PAINT SOLAR REFLECTIVE ROOF COATING PAINT
5 LITRE ALUMINIUM PAINT SOLAR REFLECTIVE ROOF COATING PAINT
Offered by admixtures direct

5.0 out of 5 stars a liquid bitumen paint that turns silver on application Paint roller gives good result, but falls to bits if used for ..., 27 Aug 2014
Used on a shed roof with black felt...it has reduced the amount of heat penetrating through the roof on a sunny summers day, so now the shed feels just warm instead of boiling hot when first opened.
Enough paint to cover a 12' x 6' shed (pent) roof with two coats...one coat was probably sufficient though...a liquid bitumen paint that turns silver on application
Paint roller gives good result, but falls to bits if used for too long...happy with the results so far but can't comment on durability yet.

iTALKonline Nokia Asha 503 BLACK Slim Grip Wave S-Line TPU Gel Case Soft Skin Cover with Screen Protector and Microfibre Cloth
Offered by iTALKonline-UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Not the sort of (soft) Gel case I expected...but still a nice case., 8 Jun 2014
More like firm, rubber-ish, textured, flexible case (not my idea of gel ?). But still a good case for protection, with an attractive style and I like it.
Another good thing about this case is it has a slightly raised lip on the facing edge, this appears to stop the screen making contact when laid face down on a flat surface.
My Nokia Asha 503 seems very muted (when ringing) if resting on its back, so I tend to leave it face down to get full volume...is this a design fault...Nokia?

Fast delivery service from the seller and

German Army Overalls Coveralls Undersuit Zip Tanker Combi Kombi Suit (44 inch - Regular)
Offered by Epic Outdoor - The Military & Outdoor Specialists!

5.0 out of 5 stars Snug onesie substitute...without hood, 23 Nov 2013
Now the heating bills are getting more expensive I though about giving one of these undersuits a try for use around the house...and in the shed.
Now I'm glad I did as it keeps the cold away, even though my wife says I look like a jet pilot or astronaut ready for launch...as she sits there hugging her two hot water bottles.
I ordered size 44" chest, regular leg...for my 43" chest and 29" trouser leg. This fits pretty good without being too baggy and the leg bottom (hem) just touches my ankles. Only slight niggle is when reaching overhead with both arms (which I don't do often), it tends to get a bit tight between the legs, like most overalls.
Very happy with quality and condition of this item.

Artic Spray Pipe Freezing Can 240g
Artic Spray Pipe Freezing Can 240g

5.0 out of 5 stars PHEW...it worked., 28 Jan 2013
Ordered as a backup for the Arctic Spray Pipe Freezing Kit. But the one in the kit (same size can) did the job on a 15mm pipe.
The expected geyser of water never happened...sigh of relief !!!

Everbuild EVCRYL5GR Evercryl One Coat 5Kg - Grey
Everbuild EVCRYL5GR Evercryl One Coat 5Kg - Grey
Offered by AP Motor Store

4.0 out of 5 stars So far so good, 26 Dec 2012
Applied to old roofing felt on shed (in dry conditions), brushes on fairly smooth and easy...has stopped leaks, so far.
This product has a strong smell when first applied, especially in confined spaces but seems to do the job.

Big Aerobic Step Stepper by Maine Sports
Big Aerobic Step Stepper by Maine Sports

5.0 out of 5 stars Very pleased...so far., 21 Nov 2012
Just received my 'Big aerobic step'...yes it's BIG (dimensions as stated) and it looks sturdy too, compared to the other budget steps I've seen.
The risers were a little stiff to get in (this will probably get easier as used), but at least they won't fall off in a hurry, and I don't intend to change them that often...also there's another set of risers (not shown) underneath the step body.
At 5' 10" ish height, I can lay on the step with my butt and head touching it (just), so it's usable for prone exercises with light dumbbells; ie, bench press, flyers, pullovers and free exercises like tricep dips and incline press ups...leave the rest to your imagination.
As a newbie to step exercise/aerobics, this product is perfect for my needs, as I don't intend to do insane aerobics or fling myself off it at high velocity....yet!

PS, also great as a DIY step or for reaching that high shelf in the kitchen!

The Modern Survival Manual: Surviving the Economic Collapse
The Modern Survival Manual: Surviving the Economic Collapse
by Fernando Ferfal Aguirre

5.0 out of 5 stars Bit of an eye opener., 18 Nov 2012
I bought this book after reading the reviews on Amazon.com... lots of reviews there, so I won't go into detail (me being a lazy git).
This book IS A BIT OF AN EYE OPENER, from someone who lives in Argentina, whose economy collapsed in 2001. The author may have a survivalist mentality, but he gives the reader a realistic, insider view of living and surviving in that country
His description of 'what to expect from the government after the collapse' bears similarities to what's happening in the UK and Europe now, ie; cutting pensions, cutting police and public services...not to mention increased unemployment, crime and (financial/political)corruption.
Some may say the author is going over the top regarding his survivalist attitude, but at least he makes you think!

PS. The book's a bit pricey for a paperback...but may be worth it in the years to come.

Milescraft 1390 Drill 90 Right Angle Drilling Attachment
Milescraft 1390 Drill 90 Right Angle Drilling Attachment

5.0 out of 5 stars So far so good., 18 Nov 2012
Bought this to get into the gap between the roof rafters, then drilled through both old and new rafters that were clamped together.
Very happy with the results ie; drill bit/bolts went into the rafters straight, rather than at an angle using the standard drill.
Build quality seems good...so far!

Inspector Montalbano: Series One (5 Disc DVD)
Inspector Montalbano: Series One (5 Disc DVD)
Dvd ~ Luca Zingaretti
Offered by becksdvds-co-uk

5.0 out of 5 stars A gem, 13 Nov 2012
I caught Series 2 on BBC4 by accident...what a gem, so when the complete series one box set of DVD's came out I had to get it and I'm glad to say it doesn't disappoint.
Although it has English subtitles, I find the native language adds to the atmosphere, together with the sunny Sicilian locations and great characters. It may not be to everyone's taste so try and catch an episode on TV or iplayer first.
The perfect antidote to the X factor.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 7, 2014 2:41 PM GMT

CEL MultiPRO 240-Volt AC Oscillating Multitool MT3
CEL MultiPRO 240-Volt AC Oscillating Multitool MT3

5.0 out of 5 stars A life saver...(you know what I mean)., 6 Oct 2012
I bought this tool from a TV shopping channel (good offer at the time), but I have to say, it HAS lived up to most of the hype.
This product has got me out of so many tight corners (so to speak) that even if it packed up tomorrow, its earned every £ I paid for it...must add, shows no signs of packing up.

A very useful tool to have, but (as one reviewer said), don't let the blades overheat to much as this seems to cause quicker wear on them.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5