Profile for VDG > Reviews

Content by VDG

VDG (NYC)

My Weird School Special: Back to School, Weird Kids Rule!
My Weird School Special: Back to School, Weird Kids Rule!

4.0 out of 5 stars Andrea's turn!, 13 July 2014
This Wierd School Special is really fun, mainly because it is told by Andrea! A.J and his family come to stay at Andrea's house, and when A.J and Andrea go over the top with fighting, it's time for…………………………
CAMP!!!………

Review by Ludo

My Weird School Special: Deck the Halls, We're Off the Walls!
My Weird School Special: Deck the Halls, We're Off the Walls!

5.0 out of 5 stars This book is Cray-Z!!!, 12 July 2014
This book is so Cray-Z!
Such a funny Wierd School special : probably my favorite!
This book is a hilarious story, trouble with Santa, stage time, and 2 of the most revolting dinasours on the planet; Andrea and Emily!

Review by Ludo

My Weird School Special: Bunny Double, We're in Trouble!
My Weird School Special: Bunny Double, We're in Trouble!

5.0 out of 5 stars Hubbles is muddled!!!, 12 July 2014
Such a funny book. I don't know though which of all the the books is my favorite. Always remember; Never trust Mayor Hubble!
All of the jokes in the books make me laugh and fall over.
A.J is such a funny cool dude, like the rest of the gang.
If you like Dan Gutman books, try reading his Genius Files and Getting air!!!
The very first book I read was Miss Child has gone wild, when my mum found it in a book store.
I could read My Wierd School for hours. I love Dan Gutman!
Too see the other books in the series, go the far back of the book.
HAPPY READING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This review is by Ludovico for his younger bother Leo!

When Your Kids Push Your Buttons: And what you can do about it
When Your Kids Push Your Buttons: And what you can do about it
by Bonnie Harris

5.0 out of 5 stars The best book on parenting I have ever read, 25 May 2007
I have read many books about parenting but they were all focused on the child's behaviour and how to deal with it, unsuccessfully. This book was a total eye opener: it focuses on you as a parent and how it is your own emotions and reactions to your child's behaviour "that pushes your buttons". It totally changed my perception: if my child is having a tantrum he is HAVING a problem, he is NOT BEING a problem. My job as a parent is to identify the root of that problem without getting emotionally involved and to help the child solve his problem. Bonnie Harris teaches you to recognise how your behvaiour is rooted in your own child hood and how the beliefs and standards you grew up with determine your parenting even if you vowed to do excatly the opposite of what your parents did. This is a must read for every parent, including the ones who had a happy child hood and good relationship with their parents!