Profile for A. REYNOLDS > Reviews

Rummy Plus
Rummy Plus
Price: 0.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Addictive Fun, 27 Jun 2014
This review is from: Rummy Plus (App)
Easy to get the hang of, there are always plenty of beginners tables available to play so no worries about jumping in at the deep end. I purposefully failed my first few matches so I could watch the tactics of the other players which helped me get a better idea of how to play. always 4000+ players online whenever I play, which I do at all sorts of hours.

FlipPix Art - Fairy Tales
FlipPix Art - Fairy Tales
Price: 1.22

2.0 out of 5 stars Not as good as other FlipPix, 7 April 2014
This review is from: FlipPix Art - Fairy Tales (App)
I have bought almost all of FlipPix Art, including the puzzles, and really enjoy them all, giving 4-5 star rating. This one tho,, I just did not enjoy. All the others I play through 10x10, 15x15 then 20x20 (if it's available). I couldn't be bothered getting through all the 15x15 for Fairy Tales - the art work felt wrong, and like the other reviewer states the images really don't relate to the puzzles at all - and I really dislike many other games in this style when they do the same. Considering I leave all my other FlipPix Art installed to replay constantly, and I've uninstalled this one, it says something. However, having said that, it's still better than similar genres from other game developers (either free or paid-for) and if you're a fan of FlipPix, I'd purchase it, but only after you've got all their other standard FPArt and FPArt Puzzles.

Patchworkz (Full)
Patchworkz (Full)
Price: 1.22

5.0 out of 5 stars great, addictive fun, 7 Mar 2014
This review is from: Patchworkz (Full) (App)
I have this for the pc as well, but I prefer it on the kindle, it's easier to play and the only speed test is done at intervals, which can be skipped if required. I have yet to have it crash on me, nor have I come across any bugs.

CastleVille Legends
CastleVille Legends
Price: 0.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Addictive Fun, 19 Feb 2014
This review is from: CastleVille Legends (App)
As long as you have the patience, you don't really need to make use of the in-game purchases. I like to set things running, then check back on them later, getting on with the rest of the day in the meantime.

Magic Rises (Kate Daniels)
Magic Rises (Kate Daniels)
by Ilona Andrews
Edition: Mass Market Paperback
Price: 4.79

5.0 out of 5 stars Great writing - deserves more stars, 3 Oct 2013
If I could give it more than 5 stars, I would. The book is incredible, the story line pulls you in from the start, the characters are well written and thought out, and it's one of the few books that's written by two authors that I've read that doesn't feel like two authors, it's so smooth. The male characters are obviously written by a male, as you really do feel that you are seeing it from a male's point of view, not what a woman thinks a man is thinking. And the female characters are really well written to, but none as good as the lead character, Kate. She is a great heroine, amazing sense of humour that has me laughing out loud at certain points. She's also not overly perfect as a lot of heroines lately seem to be, so it makes it easier to empathize with her.

If you've read all the books til now, like me, then reading this is frustratingly great. The actions of the characters frustrates because you don't understand why because you and they should know better!

There are also several shocks and twists in the story, and I refuse to write more about it so as not to give any spoilers. Suffice it to say it's great to have Kate back (wasn't a big fan - although still enjoyed it of book 5 - Gunmetal Magic) and to know they've been given the go ahead by their publishers for many more books, as it was originally going to end at book 7 and to think no more Kate and her world after that, is great news.

Game Dev Story
Game Dev Story
Price: 1.60

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant Fun, 3 Oct 2013
This review is from: Game Dev Story (App)
I have replayed this game so many times, it's great. Replay isn't boring at all. In fact, I went ahead and bought the PC version of it as well, its so much fun. Well worth the pennies.

Plague Inc.
Plague Inc.
Price: 0.69

5.0 out of 5 stars Addictively Annoyingly Brilliant, 3 Oct 2013
This review is from: Plague Inc. (App)
I love this game - the fact you start off with 1 simple thing to destroy the world, and only gain more if you are successful. The balance has to be right, and it's frustratingly fun to get it right! I've even been discussing it with my partner, it's the ONLY game I have that I've talked to him about. You can spend pennies to get everything at the beginning if you want, but I really enjoy the fact that I have to work at it and be successful to open things up - I know I've earned it. Replaying it isn't boring either. And so much work has gone into the design of the game (with the planes and ship routes etc), that for such a little price it's really shocking. I would have happily paid more for it!

FlipPix Art - Simple Pleasures
FlipPix Art - Simple Pleasures
Price: 1.27

5.0 out of 5 stars Addictive, 3 Oct 2013
I love these types of games, and this is one of the best examples of it for tablets/phones that I have played. In fact, I would happily pay for other issues of these types of games from them. No bugs, no crashes, just great fun.

Motorola Xoom Anti Glare/Matte Screen Protector (Pack of 1) + Free Cloth
Motorola Xoom Anti Glare/Matte Screen Protector (Pack of 1) + Free Cloth

5.0 out of 5 stars Works Great, 17 Aug 2012
I had previously used the "official" screen protector, which was a nightmare to place on, got bubbles of air trapped even using their scraper - spent hours trying to remove them all, and it was a nightmare to remove, had screen glare and cost a fair bit more than this protector.

It placed simply and smoothly (though my first attempt at lining up was pretty bad, but the protector removed quickly and easily), very few bubbles, and those were removed within a few minutes easily and without fuss. The matte screen made much more of a difference than I was expecting, I use my Xoom a lot to read books and the difference was incredible. The only downside is that there is a tiny tiny feeling of dragging as you move your finger on the screen to flick pages etc, when compared to non-matte screens, and I thought this would make a difference over time and become an annoyance. Not so, after a day or so of using it, I stopped noticing it.

To be honest, for the quality of the product I would have paid more, as for the price I was expecting something with a much cheaper feel!

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars It Does The Job, 17 Aug 2012
Easy to put on, and does the job well. Not much more can be said really. A simple item for a simple job!

Page: 1 | 2