Profile for Sam > Reviews

Sam

Nine Uses For An Ex-Boyfriend
Nine Uses For An Ex-Boyfriend

5.0 out of 5 stars Honest and touching, 26 Nov. 2013
I loved this book from the moment I starting reading it. So many of us have been in Hope's shoes to a degree. Reading it, I was willing her, as I have done with countless friends in similar situations to stay strong and find herself again. I adored as Hope and fell for Winston with her. I'll miss the characters in this charming, empathetic tale.

Take A Look At Me Now
Take A Look At Me Now

3.0 out of 5 stars Fairly predictable chick lit, 12 Nov. 2013
Unfortunately this book is a fairly predictable read. It was ok, certainly not something that I'll be recommending to anyone. The characters were likeable but the book was peppered with cringe-worthy cliches ("My breath caught in my throat...") that made them unbelievable and irritating.

Teaching English in a Foreign Land: Travel Adventures of a TEFL Teacher
Teaching English in a Foreign Land: Travel Adventures of a TEFL Teacher

5.0 out of 5 stars Great read., 4 Sept. 2013
I finished this book in a couple of days, it was such an enjoyable read. Barry has written an honest and engaging book about TEFL but also about traveling in general. It is funny, open and inspiring. TEFL teachers and travellers alike should give it a read!