Profile for Sam Loomis > Reviews

Content by Sam Loomis

Sam Loomis (London, England)

I Saw The Devil Last Night...
I Saw The Devil Last Night...

5.0 out of 5 stars a promising new indie/rock band, 2 Nov. 2006
Obviously the album isn't out for another 2 weeks, but I've heard the first and last songs ('Today is the Day' and 'Satan has a Heart of Gold') from this album and they're very, very good... which, to me, suggests that this will be a very strong debut album at the very least. Think Flaming Lips with 10 times the melody! Great to see Victory Records expanding their genre base, I hope they sign more bands like this!!!

Nightmare Anatomy
Nightmare Anatomy
Offered by westworld-

4.0 out of 5 stars Believe the hype!, 1 Nov. 2006
This review is from: Nightmare Anatomy (Audio CD)
... Kerrang! haven't given them a cover twice for no reason! This band is blowing up and, after checking them out, I can see why.

Aiden may not be breaking new ground (AFI and the Misfits have been mentioned already since they're both pioneers of the punk/goth/horror rock genre), but they're good at what they do, and that's all that matters when judging music!!! It's all about 'best band for the job' and they're one of the best bands in a genre that isn't exactly oversaturated, especially when you compare it to metal, emo, screamo, hardcore, etc. I defy any of these other reviewers who call this band generic to prove that they don't listen to any copycat artists from such genres.

If you listen to or respect the work of the aforementioned artists and are not easily offended by the way in which creative managers create an image that will help a band sell records, then you're bound to like this CD. I'd go as far as saying that Aiden write catchier songs than AFI or the Misfits (just listen to 'the Last Sunrise' or 'Die Romantic')... in fairness their lyrics are pretty questionable, but at the same time, unique. The same goes for their live show. Before I saw this band, I had a negative opinion of them solely based on their image... how ignorant I was.