Profile for Linda of scarborough > Reviews

Content by Linda of scarb...

Linda of scarborough

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
New Ladies Womens Flat Knee Height Wide Calf Fit Riding Elasticated Zip Up Boots Black Matte Size 6 UK
Offered by ByPublicDemand

5.0 out of 5 stars These boots are made for walking, 1 Dec 2014
These boots are excellent for the money. My calf is 16" / 40cm and they are snug fit but comfortable due to the elasticated sides n they look god on. The zip goes right down to the bottom so you can actually get your foot into the boot. How often have you failed at the first hurdle by not being able to get your foot into the boot in the first place due to the ankle part being too narrow? I had a winter sole put on to them as they are very slick and that would add to the cost but I reckon they are worth it They are wide enough to be comfortable with socks on and I wore them all day the other day without any pinches or rubbing. I am very happy with these boots as I have very demanding feet! What are you waiting for, go get 'em!

JEEP MENS TOUGH MULTI COMPARTMENT ID WALLET BLACK
JEEP MENS TOUGH MULTI COMPARTMENT ID WALLET BLACK
Offered by Supreme Leather

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, 1 Dec 2014
very sturdy wallet, good quality, I would recommend it.

The Stick Man With a Big Bum: (a children's book for ages 7,8,9,10,11)
The Stick Man With a Big Bum: (a children's book for ages 7,8,9,10,11)

5.0 out of 5 stars I hear him chuckling away when he reads it and he sometimes reads me bits of it because it has an interesting fact or a very fun, 1 Dec 2014
I have this on Kindle for my 8 year old grandson and he loves it. I hear him chuckling away when he reads it and he sometimes reads me bits of it because it has an interesting fact or a very funny part. It's a lovely book and I would recommend it.

Escape Plan
Escape Plan
Offered by Lovefilm UK Limited

4.0 out of 5 stars I liked the twists and turns and it was suitably far ..., 9 July 2014
This review is from: Escape Plan (Amazon Instant Video)
This was surprisingly enjoyable. Stallone and Arnie still battling on. I liked the twists and turns and it was suitably far fetched enough as you would expect, so no disappointment there then. A good example of its genre and very enjoyable.

Meet Joe Black
Meet Joe Black
Offered by Lovefilm UK Limited

5.0 out of 5 stars I thought it was an excellent film and Brad Pitt played the part at just ..., 9 July 2014
At the beginning of the film, Death is quite abstract, a spectator, calm but controlling, innocent and untouched by anything human and devoid of emotion. He was oddly likeable in his niaivity. He could not understand a human being's desire to remain mortal and why passing over was such a big deal! However, the longer he stayed on earth the more he became "human" and gained insight into the human psychy. In the end, he was still Death but changed and he too felt the pain of leaving the living. I thought it was an excellent film and Brad Pitt played the part at just the right level - and what a supporting cast!

Gravity
Gravity
Dvd

5.0 out of 5 stars I thought this was an excellent film. Sandra Bullock took me through a whole ..., 9 July 2014
This review is from: Gravity (Amazon Instant Video)
I thought this was an excellent film. Sandra Bullock took me through a whole gambit of emotions, but her grit to survive is what pulled her through the desperate situation, and just when you thought it was all over, yet another potential disaster befell her. I must have been holding my breath with her at that point as I was exhausted by the end of the film! A colleague of mine thought it was boring! I thought it was anything but boring.

Bridget Jones: Mad About the Boy (Bridget Jones series Book 3)
Bridget Jones: Mad About the Boy (Bridget Jones series Book 3)

2.0 out of 5 stars Not my cup of tea, 16 Mar 2014
I loved both films but have never read the books so i thought I would give this a try. However, it just did not grab me as the style of diary writing is more disjointed to read than to view on he big screen when the story is put across. I did not finish it - I revisited it a few times to give it a go, but I could not warm to it and gave up.

University Games Spot The Difference Tin
University Games Spot The Difference Tin
Offered by Buy-For-Less-Online

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved it, 16 Mar 2014
Bought for my 11 yr old grand daughter as part of an entertainment package for a 4 hour flight and she loved it. Well made and entertaining. Recommended.

Stargate: Continuum
Stargate: Continuum

5.0 out of 5 stars Continued good quality, 16 Mar 2014
If you follow Stargate, as my husband and I have, you'll love this. The whole series overall have been excellently portrayed and this is no exception.

Slay Ride
Slay Ride

5.0 out of 5 stars Always a great read, 16 Mar 2014
This review is from: Slay Ride (Kindle Edition)
I love Dick Francis books. He shows an excellent insight into all aspects of the horse world due to excellent research. He writes a good yarn and keeps his love interest to acceptable boundaries and it does not interfere with the storyline! I've just about read all his books, but they are always worth revisiting.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3