Profile for Wolf359 > Reviews

Content by Wolf359

Wolf359

SainSonic Zodiac 904 Series 144Hz Rechargeable 3D Shutter Glasses for Acer/NEC/BenQ/eMachines/LG/Optoma/Vivitek 3D-Ready DLP Projectors*Black*
Offered by P&A
Price: 25.00

5.0 out of 5 stars They DO seem to work fine with the Optoma HD131Xe!, 6 April 2014
Not sure why the product listing says "not compatible with HD131Xe" - I brought these specifically to use on my Optoma HD131Xe and they work just fine. I worked out, if what you are seeing doesn't look quite right, just click the 'on' button once (when they are already switched on) and it seems to switch between two slightly different viewing modes, one of which will be the one you need.

I have compared them to the actual Optoma glasses and I can't see any difference in the performance.

Sony 2.1 Channel HT-CT60 Virtual Surround Sound Bar and Subwoofer for TV
Sony 2.1 Channel HT-CT60 Virtual Surround Sound Bar and Subwoofer for TV

4.0 out of 5 stars Does a great job in the home cinema, 6 April 2014
Overall very impressed. I use it with a 106" home cinema. When the cinema was first installed, I anticipated replacing the Sony Sound Bar with a traditional 6-speaker surround system, however, after using it for a while, it I can say it is absolutely fine and really does the job I want it to. In surround mode It never fails to amaze me how every now and again I am hearing things directly to my left or right even though the speaker is at the front. More than once I thought I was hearing things outside, when it was actually coming from the soundbar. Admittedly it might not be the same "full-on" surround effect as a 5-speaker system, but for the cost, it can't be faulted, plus you don't have to install speakers and wires all over your living room.

The bass and treble are also very high quality, Proper bass, not untamed boom like you get from many cheap systems, and the over-all sound reproduction is, again, most agreeable, rich, full-blooded, warm yet crisp.

On the downside, there are a couple of small issues that are the reason I haven't given this 5 stars.

Firstly, there is no indicator to show what level the volume, bass or treble is set at. It uses just 3 tiny LED's to tell you everything by flashing them when you make adjustments.

Secondly, It could do with some more inputs. Optical and 1x Aux is all you get, which is fine for just a TV, but I watch using both a TV and a Projector. Neither have an optical output, so I'm forced to connect my devices (sat-box, PS3, apple TV etc) directly to the Sound bar.

Thirdly, the supplied optical cable is way too short so most folks will probably need to order another one.

Overall though, for the money you pay, You can do a lot worse.

760mm Bi-Fold Glass Shower Enclosure Cubicle Doors Set
760mm Bi-Fold Glass Shower Enclosure Cubicle Doors Set
Offered by Bathroom Shop
Price: 94.33

5.0 out of 5 stars Pretty impressive bit of kit - does what it says on the tin., 6 April 2014
Pretty happy with this, only downside was the long wait it took to arrive.
It was straightforward to install, plenty of adjustment room to allow for un-level walls. Door was very stiff when it arrived, but it came supplied with a lubricant for the rolling mechanism - door was very smooth after applying it, and is still smooth one month later after daily showers.

One For All URC 7960 Smart Control Universal remote
One For All URC 7960 Smart Control Universal remote
Offered by K.K. Electronics
Price: 19.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Not bad for the money, but doesn't operate everything, plus essential buttons misssing, 6 April 2014
Pros: looks nice, not too difficult to set up, works the basic devices, cheap
Cons: lacking essential buttons, wont operate some devices, no ps3 compatibility

I purchased this controller hoping it would control my home cinema system. Although it works well for the TV, the satellite box and audio soundbar, it failed to operate the projector or any functions of my PS3. I actually chose this model specifically because it states "game console and others" in the item description, but alas that does not seem to include the PS3.

On the plus side, it's affordable and definitely a looker. The chrome trim really sets it off, and it lights up in all the places that matter when you need them to. It's quite sturdy and should stand up to a reasonable amount of abuse.

It was relatively easy to program, although not quick. It seemed quite fiddly at first but I soon learned the process of how to do it, then it was just a case or repetition.

The codes list only partially worked on My TV and sat box, so for everything I had to use the manual "teach" feature using the original infrared controllers, including most of the useful function buttons on my Humax satellite box and Sony soundbar
It was then that I discovered a distinct lack of button options, such as optical or aux input select, menu buttons, plus there is no "source" button - an obvious must for today's modern TV's. I had to improvise using unrelated buttons making it hard to remember which button does what.

What was disappointing, and slightly annoying, was trying to teach it the infrared signals from my projector remote.
It actually went through all the motions of learning them and even acknowledged to me that it had learned each infrared signal, but when it came to actually using this controller on the device, it just didn't work at all.

In conclusion, I suspect this is an older design that is overdue an upgrade to accommodate the newer technologies currently on the market. It gets the job done if you have basic requirements, TV satellite, DVD etc but don't expect it to run anything beyond that.

Nabari No Ou: Complete Series - Save [DVD] [US Import] [NTSC]
Nabari No Ou: Complete Series - Save [DVD] [US Import] [NTSC]
Dvd ~ Artist Not Provided
Offered by skyvo-direct
Price: 19.06

5.0 out of 5 stars Great series & value, 9 Jan 2014
If you're reading this, then I'd imagine you've already seen some or all of the series and are looking to own it. This is the entire series across 4 DVD discs. Just 4 discs is a great arrangement if you are having a marathon viewing session, plus it only takes up the storage space of a single DVD case. Price at the time of purchase was 17.37 and I feel represented very good value for money. The audio is the English dubbed Funimation version, and the character voices are superb. Label on the back states regions 1,2 and 4. I do not have a dedicated DVD player, but it plays just fine on the PS3 (UK). The reversible DVD sleeve is also a cool feature and allows you to display all the episode titles on the back, with a slightly better looking cover I think.

For those not familiar with Nabari No Ou, it is a very enjoyable, entertaining and occasionally humorous anime series of 26 episodes. The characters are well developed and you quickly grow to like them, even some of the bad guys, although I should say I felt the main protagonist seemed a bit lacking in depth. Like so many anime, It's full of cheerful and beautiful scenery which always helps make for a good and enjoyable watch.

Over-all very happy.

No Title Available

3.0 out of 5 stars Not a bad product, 9 Jan 2014
I brought this because it matched the other Corona furniture I have ordered. I was sort-of dreading having to put it together after reading some of the other reviews suggesting that it was difficult and arduous to assemble. After assembling it, I can understand why others found it difficult, but with just a little bit of planning, it turned out quite easy.

The thing to note is that the holes for the hinges and the other fittings were not pre-drilled. Their locations were just marked with small indentations in the wood, so I loaded a tiny drill bit (1.5mm if I recall correctly) into my drill and pre-drilled the holes before applying the screws. This made life very easy. You also need a fairly narrow cross-head screwdriver to fit the supplied screws.

It took about half an hour to assemble using this method and following the step-by-step instructions, which were okay but the illustrations could have done with being a bit clearer.

I suppose 30mins assembly might seem like a long time, but none of it was difficult. With just a bit of patience and some common sense applied, it was easy, and the finished result is very pleasing.

Vivo Powerful Professional 990W Whole Fruit Vegetable Juicer Extractor Black with Stainless Steel / Aluminium finish with Jug and cleaning brush
Offered by Electro World
Price: 34.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Does exactly what I need it to, 11 Sep 2012
I purchased this after getting fed up with having to cut everything up in order for it to fit into my old juicer. I did set aside a larger budget for a new juicer, but this one seemed to tick all the right boxes and the other reviews (even if a little sparse) made me decide to give it a go.
I'm glad i did. I could have easily spent 100+ more on a more expensive machine to get exactly the same results.

I've used this machine about 4 times a week for the past month and I've been impressed every time. I juice mainly apples, oranges (peeled), celery, ginger, lemons, cucumbers, dandelion greens, carrots and any other fruits/veg available.

The pulp from this juicer is usually pretty dry, although if I'm juicing a lot of wet fruits like oranges etc, the pulp can be a bit damp, but nothing bad.
It's easy to rinse clean, although I do find I need to use a couple of teaspoons to lever the metal centrifugal mesh bit off the base, as it sits on its base quite firmly. The edge of the centrifugal mesh rim is a bit sharp so doing it with your fingers can be painful, but the spoons act like little fulcrum levers and pop it off with no problem, so it's no big deal.

Over-all, using it is straight-forward, quick and easy, and as long as you rinse everything off within a couple of minutes of using it, it's really quick to clean. The little brush supplied with it makes quick work of cleaning the mesh.

I think it was a bargain for the price and easily compares to other more expensive makes. I Definitely feel buying this particular model was a good move.

V-fit GE2 Tramp-Jogger
V-fit GE2 Tramp-Jogger
Price: 30.00

2.0 out of 5 stars Works okay, but smells REALLY bad!, 10 Mar 2012
This review is from: V-fit GE2 Tramp-Jogger (Sports)
If you want an affordable bouncer just to work up a sweat on, then this will do the job, but be warned; for the first month it absolutely wreaked of that heavy petro-chemical manufacturing smell, and I mean big-time! For the first night of ownership, it was sat in my bedroom against the wall, and in the morning I awoke with a sore throat, sore eyes, and the whole room was dominated by that overpowering obnoxious smell.
After a few days I ended up physically removing and throwing away the circular silver material skirt that covers the springs, as it seemed to be main smell culprit. For the following few weeks, I moved the trampoline to another room at night time, just to keep the smell at bay (which still lingered).
It took about 3-4 weeks in total for the smell to die down to the point where it is now no longer that noticable.

The bouncer itself is not bad although the springs started getting noisey and "creaky" quite early on. I found the somewhat shiny tread surface can be a tad slippery if wearing socks, and have found it's much better to use it barefoot.
I've only given it 2 stars, because although it does what it says on the tin, the smell was such a major issue and did make me regret buying it, at least for the first month, and now I have to use it with the springs exposed as I was forced to throw away the silver protective surround.