Profile for space68 > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Nicky Clarke Hair Therapy Dryer
Nicky Clarke Hair Therapy Dryer

5.0 out of 5 stars Great dryer for a great price!, 27 Feb. 2015
Great dryer for a great price. Bought it when my previous Nicky Clarke dryer packed up after 10 years of daily use. This is a cheaper model but does everything I need it to do - why pay more? Love it, plus it keeps the frizzes at bay as it seems to have some kind of anti-frizz action going on.

To My Husband Valentine's Day card
To My Husband Valentine's Day card
Offered by Katez Cardz and Giftz

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it!, 27 Feb. 2015
Great quality card - perfect for my hub. He laughed when he saw it. Thanks so much. Arrived super-fast too!!! :)

No7 Stay Perfect Foundation Compact New Ivory 10 7g
No7 Stay Perfect Foundation Compact New Ivory 10 7g
Offered by Buy Gifts UK

3.0 out of 5 stars It smooths on so beautifully. My gripe its he colour, 6 Oct. 2014
Hmmm. Well, I can stay the finish and application is a dream. It smooths on so beautifully. My gripe its he colour. I definitely received Ivory but it's….well…what can I say? It's dark beige/orangey. Granted, I'm extremely pale-skinned but I don't expect 'Ivory' to be so dark. I'll look out for Porcelain next and might have more success with that…...

Maybelline Liquid Stay Eyeshadow #40 timeless pink
Maybelline Liquid Stay Eyeshadow #40 timeless pink
Offered by TheCosmeticsShop

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely shell-pink shimmer, 31 Aug. 2014
Lovely stuff. Goes on like a cream and quickly dries to a lovely sheen. Great staying-power too. A subtle shell-pink which is very flattering on my fair skin. Would definitely re-purchase.

HOTER Sportline Head Band, Terry Cloth Headband, Sweat Band, Sweatband
HOTER Sportline Head Band, Terry Cloth Headband, Sweat Band, Sweatband
Offered by Ayozen

5.0 out of 5 stars Great headband!, 31 Aug. 2014
Great headband - well-made and nice 'n' stretchy. Just what I needed!

Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Cream Compact Foundation Colour: Nude
Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Cream Compact Foundation Colour: Nude

4.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful foundation....IF you have the colouring for it!, 5 Jun. 2014
I loved the way this went on my skin - so silky and not too dry and not too greasy. Perfect coverage without being mask-like.

I would stick to this but for one problem. I am extremely pale and their "Nude" shade is bright orange on me. Such a pity.

Study Secrets: The Definitive Guide to Acing Your Courses Without Missing a Fun Night Out

5.0 out of 5 stars great stuff - very comprehensive, 21 Feb. 2014
This was a great eBook IMO - it really laid out how to ace your studies AND have a life. I think this is something a lot of students struggle with. As a mature student who is studying part-time and working full-time, I am often torn between thinking I need to get my studying done and worrying about if I'll ever have time for fun again! Even though I don't study at a campus, this book was still full of helpful hints and motivation.

Jack the Ripper: The Casebook
Jack the Ripper: The Casebook
by Richard Jones

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect Gift for a Ripperologist, 29 Dec. 2013
I got this as a Christmas gift for my husband. He is thrilled with it. The whole concept is very cleverly done, with copies of original documents in pockets throughout the book at certain points in the chronology of the crime period. It is a lovely item for his collection and I am so pleased he liked it as much as I thought he would!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 9, 2015 11:18 AM GMT

The Polar Express [2004] [DVD]
The Polar Express [2004] [DVD]
Dvd ~ Tom Hanks
Offered by DVD Overstocks

1.0 out of 5 stars Sinister, Chilling + Creepy Animation, 9 Dec. 2013
Brrr!!! This film gives me the chills and I couldn't work out why. It's not because I am not a big kid at heart. I love all sorts of kids programmes and animations.

HOWEVER, this film scared the bejesus out of me and I couldn't for the life of me work out why. I definitely seem to be in the minority with this.

I looked online to find out what was causing this. If you type "Why CGI humans are creepy and what scientists are doing about it" into a Google search engine and read the article that comes up there you will understand why. They make specific mention of "Polar Express" too! The film's characters fall into "Uncanny Valley" - that no-man's land between non-humans that have humanlike qualities....brrrr!

Check out the movie on Wikipedia to see how many critics were scared of the film too and who claimed they'd have had nightmares watching it as a child.

Maybe I am more sensitive than the average child of nowadays, lol!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 11, 2014 10:28 PM GMT

Christmas Too Many [DVD] [2005] [Region 1] [US Import] [NTSC]
Christmas Too Many [DVD] [2005] [Region 1] [US Import] [NTSC]
Dvd ~ Mickey Rooney
Offered by passionFlix UK

1.0 out of 5 stars Tragic!, 8 Dec. 2013
This is so awful. I have to confess to switching off half an hour in. Waited until Mickey Rooney had been on screen for 10 minutes or so, but even he couldn't put life into this dead duck.

I love Christmas movies generally and give everything a chance but this was truly awful. I have no problem with bad language etc, that wasn't my issue. It was just so badly written.

The directors just threw in a bunch of 2-dimensional tropes, mixed it all together and hoped for the best.

I don't mind suspending belief in the spirit of entering into things, but this asked too much of the audience.

I've thought about giving it out to my next charity donation, but on the other hand, could I really live with myself after inflicting this on another unsuspecting soul??

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4